Search results for query: *

1. The_Dude

Driver shaft weight

What's the weight of your driver shaft and any particular reason why weight was chosen? Were you fit for it? Feels right? etc. I'm current;y playing a 65g Fujikura. May toss in a 50g to see what if anything changes.
  2. The_Dude

Most putts you've had in a round.

I've averaged 33.8 putts per round since beginning of last year. After playing only 9 holes in past 3 weeks I played yesterday and had worst time on the greens in my life. No touch whatsoever. Ended up with 41 putts including seven 3 putts. What's your worst round for putts THP?
  3. The_Dude

Play this hole.

#5 George Wright golf course in Hyde Park (Boston) Ma. I played last Thursday twice. DL right Par 4 was playing right around 400 yards. You hit from raised tee box over a valley either to a landing area approx. 210 straight out or you can try to carve one around the hole shortening up the...
  4. The_Dude

In between clubs, what's your play?

We'll use middle of green pin as example from 155-160 yards depending on your club gapping. Do you try to hit normal club hard or club up and choke down/adjust swing length/ play a cut to take yardage off, etc. Most effective for me and I use that term loosely is I'll take longer club and fade...
  5. The_Dude

Play this hole.

I played Old Scotland Links yesterday and #16 (par 4) is an interesting hole. Played approx. 350 from tee. In season I usually hit 5,6, or 7i off the tee depending how I'm swinging that day. That leaves anywhere 175-210 left over water depending on how far out you go and how much you challenge...
  6. The_Dude

How would you play this hole?

Montaup CC was playing about 345 on Sunday. We played hole twice, 2nd time around I hit 2 different clubs. Anything off the tee over 220 can put you in deep valley in front of the green which will leave you a tricky 2nd shot only seeing top of flag. Very little room long as you can see. I...
  7. The_Dude

Need wedge grind help.

I replaced my old Cleveland 60* with a rtx 3.0 a couple years ago and since then have struggled with really tight lies. I end up stubbing the club alot. Looking to find correct grind for me. Pics for comparison. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  8. The_Dude

WTTB, FUJIKURA SPEEDER EVOLUTION II 665 TS STIFF FLEX DRIVER SHAFT w/ Callaway Adapte

I've got this shaft in my 3w and looking to try one out in my driver. Let me know what you've got.
  9. The_Dude

Where do you miss the green?

Wondering what your miss is..is it distance or direction? My distance is usually good. I tend to miss direction wise. To clarify, 160 and in. Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  10. The_Dude

North/South Carolina peeps, need some suggestions.

Looking to get away with the bride for 3-4 days in next month or early October at the latest. I'm looking for recommendations on where to stay to get the full experience of the Carolina's. Ideally somewhere close to the coast. Looks likes Wilmington airport is closest to the coast that has...
  11. The_Dude

Who are you?

I thought it would be fun to post a little bio about all of us . Rob Bermingham, born and raised in Massachusetts. Proud father of 4 boys. World famous for finding areas of golf courses that have never been seen. I'm a service manager for a Toyota store. I've been lucky enough to play in 3...
  12. The_Dude

#THPCallout 2018 The_Dude vs Haso

Details: Thursday May 17th 7:57.... the front end of 36 to be played. Waverly Oaks Golf Club Plymouth, Ma. We'll be playing from 6182 yards, next tee up is nearly 6700 and I'm all set with that. https://www.waverlyoaksgc.com/ I'm calling out Haso for my shot at redemption. I'm 0-2 in my...
  13. The_Dude

Who can move the ball both ways?

I've been a fader of the ball ever since I started playing nearly 40 years ago. This is ok with driver but I can't go after left pins. Lately I've been messing around with swing/face path relationship enough to start to turn the ball over. I tried 4 times (2 7i's on 160 yard par 3 and 5i's off...
  14. The_Dude

The_Dude and Artm hitting RTJ Golf Trail

After plenty of indecisiveness and temps in the single digits up here it's been settled. Artm and myself are heading south in 3 weeks. The plan is to fly into Atlanta Friday the 19th and head to Auburn in Bama to hole up for the night. Saturday and Sunday will consist of 36 holes at RTJ Capitol...
  15. The_Dude

Best places to play near Atlanta

Going down to Atlanta January 20th-21st with artm for 2 days of golf, 36 a day. We're looking for the best places to play within 1.5 hours of Atlanta, preferably south (warmer). What you say my southern brothers? Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  16. The_Dude

Golf course preference.

Watching replay of WGC at Firestone got me thinking. Course is gorgeous but almost every hole is dead straight. I prefer tracks that have a good mix of holes that are straight and others that have some bend to them. What's your preference THP? Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  17. The_Dude

Who has played RTJ Capitol Hill in Bama?

I'm looking to get away for a few days in late February and interested in Capitol Hill in Prattville Alabama. 36 holes with beautiful scenery with a mix of links and tree lined courses. Any fellow THP'ers played and what are your thoughts? https://www.rtjgolf.com/capitolhill/
  18. The_Dude

Analyze my statistics.

Break down my stats. Started keeping a cap beginning of 2016, trending to 13.5 right now. I just started tracking putts per round earlier this year. Sample size is approximately 150 rounds. Career: par 3 scoring----4.0 par 4 scoring----5.2 par 5 scoring----5.9 % for career: Birdies----2.8...
  19. The_Dude

Is your golf game maxed out based on your ability?

I'm almost 48 years old, play 4-5 times a month and I'm currently at 14.8 cap. Practice consists of some shipping/putting and hitting a small bucket before a round if time allows. I typically shoot 85-92. I can show flashes of good golf shooting 40 7 times past 2 years but also have shot in the...
  20. The_Dude

Any RV owners out there?

Looking to get back into camping on a seasonal site either this year or next year. Looking at 28-30' trailers with 1-2 slides preferably with bunks for the kids. I had a 26' 2001 Keystone several years ago but was minimalistic. So far we've looked at some from Keystone, Wildwood, and Coachmen...
Back