Search results for query: *

1. ddelloch

FS: Mint condition RH 2014 Bettinardi BB1 Putter

Okay this will sound ridiculous to some and make total sense to others. I purchased a Bettinardi BB1 Putter a few months ago and fell so in love with it.... that I upgraded to the Studio Stock version today. The putter is 33.5" & has had 5 rounds played on it and is in absolute babied mint...
  2. ddelloch

WTB: RH Bettinardi Studio Stock 14

Hi all, Have been looking everywhere for one and thought I would check on here on the off chance someone was thinking of getting rid of one. Looking for a right handed Bettinardi studio stock 14 in good condition to add to the collection. Needs to be 33.5" or longer. Not overly concerned with...
  3. ddelloch

WTB: X2Hot 5Deep Stiff

Hi All, Looking to pick up a lightly used X2Hot 5deep stiff shaft to throw in the bag. Figured I would poke around on here before I threw down $180 at the big box.
  4. ddelloch

Beat the ego, get the score?!?

My last 3 rounds have been my best scores in a long while 78-84-82 on fairly tough tracks after playing in the high 80s for the entire first 1/3 of the season. I don't feel like I was doing anything different and I wasn't dropping any more putts, my average is a pretty consistent 1.85/hole. I...
  5. ddelloch

What improvements are you seeing in your game this season?

Last round was cart path only on a carts only course and I had a long walk to my ball. When I got there I knew I didn't have enough club but rather than hike all the way back to the cart I applied the swing as hard as you can and hope for the best theory. I of course topped the ball 150 of the...
  6. ddelloch

Big golf plans this year? Lets hear them!

I thought I would see what is left on everyone's list this year now that the winter travel season is over and regular golf is gearing up for most of us. I'm sure some of you have some more THP events in the hopper and some of you just have awesome things planned. I have 3 little patches of golf...
  7. ddelloch

Is there a club in your bag that doesn't see much of the course?

I was just cleaning the weekend mud off and wiping all the clubs down and noticed that my 6 irons looks practically brand new compared to my other irons. I started thinking about it and can remember 1 par 3 in my last 5 rounds where I pulled it out. Other than that I can't think of a single shot...
  8. ddelloch

Had a putter fitting and will never look at putters the same way again.

On Tuesday I had my first ever putter fitting and it has really blown my mind as far as a lot of the concepts and ideas I had about putters. My putter is the last club in my bag that I hadn't replaced yet and I have been poking around looking for a new one for awhile. I decided that if I...
  9. ddelloch

Club Membership - Looking for Advice

Hi All, I this sort of thing is much more prevalent in other areas, especially in the US, so I thought I would ask for some thoughts. The course next to my house is going semi private. I play there 5-6 times a year, usually in shoulder season as green fees go up to $100 in peak season. $2500...
  10. ddelloch

Big Bertha Torque Wrench - Was that the scariest experience of anyone else's life?

Did cranking the wrench on their +$400 investment waiting to hear the click scare the living crap out of anyone else? I was 99% sure I was going to hear the driver head crack or that screw was going to be spinning smooth in the hole, stripped clean. I don't think I was that nervous when my kid...
  11. ddelloch

Who takes care of the cooking in your house?

THP has a good mix of younger and.... more experienced folk so I think this is a good question to ask. Out of you and your partner, who takes care of the cooking in your home? I know growing up my dad and my wife's dad never made it further than making eggs and toast and that seemed to be just...
  12. ddelloch

Taylormade Speedblade 6 Iron - For Canadians

Golftown has the 6 iron giveaway for Canadians that weren't eligible for the previous draw. http://www.golftown.com/LandingPages/TaylorMadeSpeedBladeSweepstakes/default.aspx?lang=en
  13. ddelloch

My swing evolution

Hi All, Starting a new lesson package with Golftec next week. I've done two previous packages over the last few years but haven't been since March of 2013. I really like that they always keep your videos for your initial lesson and then your last 5-6 lessons online for you to access. A friend...
  14. ddelloch

Any THP'rs that can help with some Cape Cod golf recomendations?

Hi all, We generally keep our golf trips out west, but one member of our group is living in the Boston area and we have decided to head that way for next year's event. We are going to be heading out of Boston and staying on Cape Cod at his family cottage for a few days. None of us have ever...
  15. ddelloch

Hybrids - Taking out the ego for better scores?

I was just looking at the pictures of Y.E's bag at the Honda this week. He is carrying 4 Hybrids this tournament. I have been wondering for awhile if I should be thinking about carrying more than just a 3H. I know I should at the very least be taking out my 4 iron but I wonder if, as someone who...
  16. ddelloch

Ping i25 Hybrid vs Callaway X2 Hot

Has anyone else had a chance to hit these two side by side yet? I had them both at golftown on my lunch break today but unfortunately my swing wasn't cooperating and I wasn't getting a clear picture. I seemed to be having better luck hitting the i25 straight and the x2 far. In the past I have...
  17. ddelloch

Do you think something like Hackgolf could save golf or ruin it for everyone else?

I have to say there are some really good posts on Hackgolf that address some of the things that I think are a real impediment to people getting out for a round. My question is twofold; 1. Do you think if an idea from a place like that, considering who its stakeholders are, got enough momentum...
  18. ddelloch

Does your group play ready golf or defer to etiquette?

The topic says it all. Almost all the groups I play with play ready golf. This is mostly because someone is always searching for a ball somewhere every hole and if we waited for them it would turn into a very long round. If you are ready and no one is hitting have at it, within reason of...
  19. ddelloch

Vancouver & Lowermainland THP'rs

Hi All, Just wondering how many other folks from the area frequent the forms. I know Armygolf is from the area. How many more of us are there? Would be great to have a few more people to golf with once the good weather comes back (if the good weather ever comes back)
  20. ddelloch

Putter Technology - How far has it really come?

I have been putter shopping the last few days for no real reason other than I am bored with what I have right now. As I have been playing with some different models that I haven't tried before, I got to thinking; Putters seem even more so than irons and as much as drivers come in at a really...
Back