Search results for query: *

1. golfinnut

Does arthritis hurt your golf game?

I've come to the conclusion that I'm old & my body is not what it used to be. Duh! :ROFLMAO: I have arthritis in multiple places .... lower back, ankles, & wrists to name a few. Of those, the lower back & my wrists hinder my ability to play at my best. I was just recently looking at one...
  2. golfinnut

Happy Gilmore 2

According to Shooter McGavin there is a Happy Gilmore 2 in the works
  3. golfinnut

Review UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue - Unofficial Review

INTRO: I'll preface this with I'm not good at doing these without a sort of template, so bear with me. ;) I was lucky enough to get into a Shaft Up Experience. This is where I was first introduced to the LINQ-Blue prototype shaft with @DannyLe & UST Mamiya. @mikeg_74 & I were lucky enough...
  4. golfinnut

Titleist TSR Mini Driver

New to the conforming list today is the Titleist TSR Mini 13* driver. Thoughts? I figured this was coming at some point.
  5. golfinnut

Agree or Disagree?

"Generally, the most important club in the bag for a ......... 90+ golfer: Driver 80 - 90: Driver or Putter depending on the day 79 or less: Putter" Thoughts? Agree or Disagree
  6. golfinnut

Heading to Hilton Head Omni Resort

I'll be heading to the Omni Resort at Hilton Head the first week of March. I was looking for course recommendations & to see if any THP'ers are in the area that would like to meet up for a round or two. I think I'm going to play at least 2 or 3 rounds, depending on what kind of deal I can get...
  7. golfinnut

What's Worse?

Ok settle the debate I've had with a friend of mine. What is the worst evil in golf? Not raking bunkers or not filling divots? I say not raking bunkers. Only because I'm in those more often than I am in fairway divots. Countless times I've gone into the bunker only to find my ball in a...
  8. golfinnut

Do you agree with this statement?

Tee shots get you from 90's to 80's Short game gets you from 80's to 70's Putting gets you from 70's to 60's I do whole heartedly for sure. My best rounds (high 60's) back in college were when I was putting my best. When I'm driving poorly, it's my short game that saves me from shooting in...
  9. golfinnut

Do You Play A Winter Ball?

Now that it's Fall & going in to Winter, do you play a different ball? I know I don't like losing $4.50 ProV1's in the leaves but I guess I'm hard headed because I don't change balls very often. I will start each round with a new ProV1 but if I lose it in leaves early in the round, I'll end up...
  10. golfinnut

USGA Slow Play Solution?

USGA's solution to the slow play issue at the amateur level is how far you hit your 7-iron. https://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/articles/2023/10/the-7-iron-solution.html It makes sense to a point Problem being is who is going to enforce it? It comes down to the club & how they...
  11. golfinnut

WTB LIN-Q RED

Anyone have a LIN-Q RED they want to part with at the THP'er discount?
  12. golfinnut

Same shaft - Driver & Fairway

Do you use the same OEM & Weighted shaft in your fairway wood & driver? For instance UST Mamiya LINQ Blue in 60g shaft in both driver & fairway? Since the fairway wood probably weighs more than the driver in just head weight, I would suspect to use a heavier weighted shaft in order to get...
  13. golfinnut

How do you lower spin rate?

With everything else "optimal" how would you raise the spin rate?
  14. golfinnut

What songs can you listen to over & over again?

Title says it all What song or songs do you listen to over & over again & don't get sick of them? My top 2: Comfortably Numb - Pink Floyd Enter Sandman - Metallica (probably because my son went to VA Tech & if you have seen the beginning of football games, you know why)
  15. golfinnut

Do you still use your DVD player?

Looking in my closet full of DVD's from top to bottom got me thinking ... when was the last time I actually used the DVD player? Around Thanksgiving & X-mas every year, I usually put on Christmas Vacation if I can't find it online, as long as they don't cut anything out. That movie cracks me...
  16. golfinnut

XFL & USFL Merger?

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/xfl-usfl-announce-intention-to-merge Hmmm ... will it be the 'real' stepping stone to the NFL? Like the Korn Ferry is to the PGA?
  17. golfinnut

BIGG Golf Balls

Anyone seen these before? Know anything about them? They claim that they give you "explosive distance & straighter ball flight). Some of the reviews also claim that some get +15 - 25 yards more. Hard to believe? https://bigggolf.com/products/score-crusher-golf-ball#
  18. golfinnut

Trout National - The Reserve

Tiger Woods, TGR Design, his architecture design group & Mike Trout are collaborating to build a course in South New Jersey, 45 minutes south of Philadelphia called Trout National - The Reserve https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2023/03/27/tiger-woods-mike-trout-build-new-golf-course-new-jersey/...
  19. golfinnut

Which one are you choosing?

I saw this & thought it was worthy of a thread Which one are you choosing on a par 3? I'm either #4 or #6. I only need just a tiny piece of the tee ... just enough of one to keep it just on top of the grass
  20. golfinnut

Where are my Excel gurus? Please help

I have an IT/Excel problem that I wanted to see if the THP Universe could help me solve? Windows 10 What does this mean? All my files save under that extension (.xlsx) .... So .... how can the extension all of the sudden be bad? I don't want to lose all of my files because of this. :eek...
Back