Search results for query: *

1. A

snapping

if my life depended on hitting a predictable ball flight with the driver and woods i would not be alive to post this. Within the last couple months ,I can not, emphasis on not, stop snap hooking the ball. my iron play, however is close to dead nuts. I tried changes to my grip, stance, ball...
  2. A

attending the tennis US Open in Queens

I am looking into setting my mother and her friend up, in some way or fashion, to attend The Open in Queens. It would be a great Christmas surprise if I can get it done. I know limited amounts about the 2 week event as I am not a tennis guy. Unfortunately for me at this time neither is...
  3. A

ushandicap and/or golfnet

The above mentioned sites are 2 in the same used to provide a handicap to members for a yearly fee. After my diligence I am no closer to communicating with them about not renewing my status as a member. If you have done business with either and have successfully ended your membership I would...
  4. A

adidas xt 360

I was so psyched when I scored a the xt 360s. the footbed is super comfy and they tighten up snuggly and evenly. within walking 3 holes both heels were blistered and i had to golf shoe less. i wish i had seen some reviews mentioning this when i was shoe shopping. this has never been an issue...
  5. A

adidas zg21

has anyone seen these in person yet? what were your thoughts about the feel and comfort?
  6. A

prescription drug commercials

so damn sick of them i barely watch "live" tv anymore. does anybody really go to their doctor and say "i saw a commercial for "cure it all zapan" and i think it can fix my moderate to severe blah blah. Give me a few doses of that!" I'm willing to chance the risk of growing a monkey tail.
  7. A

got the gold, pinnacle gold

I was hitting the driver in such a way today that i got the gold...pinnacle gold that i had found and started using because i suxed so damn bad from the tee box today! i couldn't bear to lose another v1 or tp5 or mtb black, all 3 of which had disappeared at some point today. i do admit, that i...
  8. A

help picking the type of game

so i have friends gathering for an ending of the season round and we are going to have a little $$ partners showdown. I am having great difficulty coming up with the format. my buddies' caps range from 1 through 20. I have one group being a 1 and his partner a 17. I have another a 9 and his...
  9. A

backing up photos, android

I am needing some information because I am confused. The photos on my android back up to google photos and my samsung cloud. Problem 1 is I have a cluster of photos ina given time period that will not back up to the cloud. why not? Problem 2, and I obviously have little to no idea how this...
  10. A

Oncore Vero X1

Oncore had been hinting and is now promising a release of their new ball, the Vero X1. The Elixr does everything in a ball that i need. Wondering if there is any news about this new ball out there.
  11. A

can you really tell the difference between the balls you play

I am not sure i can. In fact i can't tell you the real difference although I know what I like to play. They may be very different balls in design and on a launch monitor but I could interchange at any point in a round a still achieve the same level of game and enjoyment. Maybe it comes down...
  12. A

the state of golf in RI

https://www.golocalprov.com/business/a-number-of-ri-golf-courses-are-under-serious-financial-stress-some?fbclid=IwAR2Xg9l7VPzK0ICBa0SWG8MsrGmC-HgZgPCQJss7kZhxLg_inBnP0l4UHXE
  13. A

couldn't help but laugh

https://www.yahoo.com/news/report-california-prisoner-confesses-killing-030850250.html "in for a penny, in for pound"
  14. A

best feeling iron shaft

i know feeling is a subjective thing but, what steel iron shafts are lauded as being some of the best feeling shafts you can play? For example, i believe i have read that in the kbs line, c-tapers are the least appreciated in their line as feeling good.
  15. A

torque value

By definition the torque value rating of a shaft is understandable. The confusion for me lies in the representation of that value in the feel and performance of the club. Can I, the ever so ordinary golfer, feel or see the difference between shafts with a 1.9 versus a 3.5 torque value? I am...
  16. A

shooting in Mexico

I'm sure we are all aware of the recent horrific killing of the American women and children in Mexico. Personally, for safety concerns, i never vacation in Mexico. Nor do I ever say I want to travel there (or North Korea, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Sudan, etc.). I mean no offense but the cons far...
  17. A

short iron help

I have been struggling with the short irons for a month now. Any club higher than an 8 i can almost guarantee i will not hit the target area. short from scooping, thin it long, hit the hosel, you call it. When I look down at address i can not "see" trapping the ball between the face and the...
  18. A

putting stance

You know how at times you try something new and it works out really well, only to lose its glory shortly there after? Well I took some advice from Martin Hall in my putting stance and kicked my knees out a little and tightened my glutes up while putting. The 2 rounds I have played doing so...
  19. A

thinking of a shaft change

I am currently playing my Adams cmb irons shafted with a combo of c taper lite in the 4 and 5 iron and amt tour white in the remainder. I am loving the flight of this combo and have no desire to change these. The cmb however, while i would say is forgiving for it's design, it could use more...
  20. A

Diesels

Here in the UK i notice a large majority of vehicles are diesel powered standard shift. I rented a mb wagon and am now renting a Peugeot 7 seater of the like. Plenty of power, easy to drive, 2.o litre, 39 mpg!!! thru the mountain passes, rural roads, cities combined. R u kidding me!! No...
Back