Search results for query: *

1. Scorp

Sock tan

Alright. It's golf season! It's sunny. It's warm-ish. You're wearing shorts. You're on the course. And you get sock tan. What'cha gonna do about it? Run around barefoot and try to even it out? Just ignore it and keep it as a reminder of happier times and warmer days in the depths of winter? Wear...
  2. Scorp

I think I want a belt

Looking for suggestions on belts. I've got one that's leather. Not a good choice for golf. What do y'all suggest? I'm not looking for high dollar models... I want new irons soon.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Thanks
  3. Scorp

Florida golf question

Posting here for more eyeballs on the question, the traffic in travel and traveling golfer looked light. Anyone know a good legitimate website to book hotel and golf tee times in Florida? Northeast preferably the Jacksonville area. Going to be in the area in December 1-3 2023. Need hotel and...
  4. Scorp

Best legitimate site to book hotel AND golf tee times?

Anyone know a good legitimate website to book hotel and golf tee times in Florida? Northeast preferably the Jacksonville area. Going to be in the area in December 1-3 2023. Need hotel and want to play some golf and book tee times when I book the hotel. If you don't know a website where I can do...
  5. Scorp

I did it. Beginning to try to get golf lessons

I talked about it at the Project X experience, and I went and didid it. I actually reached out to an instructor in my area to see about me getting golf lessons. And I'm posting it here because I dunno why. Y'all would understand. Going many years without lessons and just struggling... after...
  6. Scorp

A quick hello to my best friend

Hey y'all this is a quick shout out to my best friend @dutchie . She just joined the forum and is very new to golf. I've been singing the praises of this place to her for a minute and she finally joined. Hey @dutchie !!!
  7. Scorp

Mountian bike brake issue

My 2022 Trek Roscoe 7 rear brake isn't as firm as it used to be. 2 Friday's ago I was out riding and noticed it wasn't engaging like the front brake was. The brake lever went to the bar and the brake felt like it wasn't applying much. I googled this and everything pointed to "brake lever bleed"...
  8. Scorp

Counterbalance in fairway wood question

This question is something I'm pondering. I've got a Ping G425 9W with an ALTA CB Slate 65 shaft. I like it. It was used when I got it. It's got a grip on it I don't like... a Golf Pride CPx standard I think. Whatever it is, I don't like it. My Epic Max 5W which I also got used has a grip on it...
  9. Scorp

Stamped concrete sealer question

I've got some stamped concrete in my backyard. I hope to finish pressure washing it this weekend. What do I use to protect it? I know something has been used in the past twice... the first time was when the concrete guy used something after he finished it. It lasted for 4 years maybe. Then...
  10. Scorp

Do you believe in reincarnation?

The question is in the title. I'm not saying whether I do or do not but would like to know if you do. And if you do, why? Or why not?
  11. Scorp

THP experience question...

Here's a scenario: You have a spot in a THP experience next month. You see signups for another THP experience open. Do you enter the second experience or do you hold off entering any other experiences for a period of time? Do you consider it fair if a person participates in more than 1 THP...
  12. Scorp

Museum question

Here's one for y'all. I've been thinking... I'm interested in checking out some museums. I'd rather see art instead of mummies or fossils or the like, but I don't want to see a smashed keyboard in a bucket of paint and it be called art because, while I get the freedom of expression, I don't...
  13. Scorp

Caddy Daddy Defender

I received this yesterday. Here are some pics of a Caddy Daddy Defender. I've got 2 videos but they didn't make it from my phone to my laptop due to size. The bottle is a standard longneck beer bottle for scale. This thing packs pretty small and looks like a duffel bag when taken out of the box...
  14. Scorp

Custom putter cover

If I wanted a custom putter cover made for me, who should I go to? No, it's not copyrighted or anyone else's IP. It's my own design
  15. Scorp

I finally did it, signed up for a handicap

Man, this process was confusing. I want to play in the Myrtle Beach World Amateur in 2023. I think I do anyway. And to take part, I needed a handicap. So I hit the USGA site (finally) and signed up. My membership there also includes a memberhsip in the Carolina's Golf Association. And I've got a...
  16. Scorp

I need a new hat

I need a new hat. I lost the hat I wear for golf. It didn't make the transfer from my old car to my new one. And I'm looking for suggestions. I'd prefer wider brim like 3 inches or so Not too floppy Not baseball style. I've got several of those Golf related is fine so if it says PING or Srixon...
  17. Scorp

I'm looking at cars again

Can anyone tell me whether the Audi A5 Coupe is anything special? Special as in worth looking at or bypass it because it's a POS...🤷‍♂️ And whether it's a good deal to buy one with 34,000 miles on it and cost around $32,000? Is it a sporty car? Fun to drive? Comfortable to drive? What kind of...
  18. Scorp

What's the healthiest rice?

Alright. You're all being exposed to my laziness right now. I'm not googling the question.:ROFLMAO: What's the healthiest rice? White rice? Brown rice? Wild rice? Long grain rice? Or is rice even healthy? Is is full of nothing but carbohydrates and sugar? Or is a cup or two with some meals a...
  19. Scorp

Establishing a handicap

I think I'm going to try to establish a handicap. I've been watching @PatsFan and their thread about the World Amateur and I think I want to play in it next year. But it requires a handicap. I don't want to clutter up their thread with a bunch of stupid questions so I stated my own thread. Plus...
  20. Scorp

Mountain Bike newbie questions

I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm considering a mountain bike. I haven't ridden a bike for years. I think I want to do it anyway. I want to do it for something to do, fitness, fun (is it fun?🤷‍♂️) What don't I know about mountain biking that I need to know? What do I need to know about...
Back