Search results for query: *

1. wilwin

Go Hard or Go Low?

I just wanted to get people's opinions on what tee boxes people play and whether it's better psychologically to play the furthest tee box that you're comfortable with or play closer up and try to score as low as you can. I have one playing partner that insists on playing as far as possible...
  2. wilwin

Putting Essentials

It may be the easiest thing to do in golf, but it's also the most important. I'm curious what people think are the keys to making a good putt. The most common tips I've heard are: Distance is more important than the line of putt Make sure you play enough break Try to finish on the high side...
  3. wilwin

What's your story with this game?

Since this is a golf forum, I'm curious how people here developed their passion for this game. I tell people it's the greatest sport and often times they don't understand. How did you guys end up loving this game? My story - I was first introduced to this game by a friend in high school...
  4. wilwin

Backswing vs. Follow-through

Just picked up Harvey Penick's Little Blue book (The Game for a Lifetime) and in the chapter "To the Finish" Penick talks about the emphasis high handicapers put on their backswing, but forget their follow-through. Go to any driving range and you will see a lot of golfers make a backswing...
  5. wilwin

Which is worst hook/pull or slice/push?

I have this debate with my friend and told him that it's better to miss (right handed golfer) right than left because the side spin keeps the the ball from going too far off. I also think if you slice, the ball flight is more predictable, whereas if you hook or pull the ball, you don't know if...
Back