Search results for query: *

1. gr8dryv

Naples FL - April 4, 2024

I'll be in the area for work, looking to see if anyone would be available to meet up for a round early afternoon. I won't be traveling with clubs so I'd need to borrow or rent. Thanks!
  2. gr8dryv

Talk me out of a PXG driver...

I was paired up with a guy on Sunday who was hitting the ball a mile and straight. PXG 0811 X (Gen 3?) with Diamana shaft (regular). I don't get out driven often, but this guy was bombing it. I've not looked into PXG before quite frankly because I cannot stand the voice of the guy in the...
  3. gr8dryv

Puma Store score

Stopped in to the local Puma factory store, no golf shoes on display. I asked an employee and they said they had a couple pair out back in clearance. Ignite PWRADPT Caged, a black pair and a white pair, both my size. $98 for BOTH! Just wanted to share in case you have a factory store near you.
  4. gr8dryv

Thinning and Chili-Dipping

I have added a couple of shots to the bag this year and it's frustrating the hell out of me. Perfectly placed drives are being met with bladed or fat wedge shots. I'm hitting the ball mid-equator or hitting inches behind the ball. What drills or fixes do I need to focus on?? @JB, an idea of...
  5. gr8dryv

Interesting people you've met on the course...

Outside of the obvious with THP folks and related manufacturer people, who have you been paired up with that you'll always remember? I played with a guy yesterday who had worked for a forging/casting company here in NH and learned that they did a lot of golf products back in the day. Irons...
  6. gr8dryv

XR16 Shaft suggestions

Currently playing the Callaway XR16 driver with stock Speeder 565 Stiff shaft. Always looking for distance and a bit more control and I think the tip section is a little soft for me. Swing speed hovers around 100-105 with a moderate tempo. Looking for any feedback from those who have changed...
  7. gr8dryv

NWT - THP Puma 1/4 zip pull-over size XL. Gray $75 plus shipping

I bought this a size smaller than I needed with the goal of losing weight to fit into it. I went too far and now it's too big for me. Tags still on, brand new.
  8. gr8dryv

For Sale Free to good home, Titleist bag rain hood.

I recently got rid of a Titleist stand bag (Model of the bag is SX56 and just found the rain hood. It's got 2 snaps where the grab handle is and 2 velcro straps on the other side that loop thru the bag tabs. Just pay for shipping and it's yours.
  9. gr8dryv

Do you Sous Vide?

Got an Anova Sous Vide probe recently after being introduced to the concept from some new co-workers. So far I've done a pork loin, salmon, and filet. 4 lb chuck roast on deck, going 130 for 24 hours. If you'd SV'd, what's your go-to?
  10. gr8dryv

Help me choose THE ball

My ball pocket looks like a lost and found of many brands and types. I'd like to go into the new year with 1 ball. I swing harder than most, I prefer a mid-trajectory flight and a softer feel, would like distance and stopping power on the green. With kids in college, I'm also frugal so would...
  11. gr8dryv

SW Florida December 2020

Looking for some new course recommendations and would like to be within an hour of Port Charloitte, FL. I haven't been to the area in about 5 years would like to try something new. I've been as far north as Bradenton and as far south as Naples. Stream Song is on my target list. What else ya got?
  12. gr8dryv

Elbows in the putter stroke

Tried a different stroke last week and I'm seeing straighter putts, wanted to know if I've been missing something my 30+ years of golf.. In the past, I'd lock my elbows against my body at set up. New thing I tried is to flare out my elbows almost parallel with my shoulders and hips. I'm focus...
  13. gr8dryv

Started on Keto

Me & the Mrs. started a Keto program within the last week. She's got an app and is loading all our intake, so far it hasn't been a chore but I imagine we will run out of recipes sooner or later. I love to grill so that's easy but I'm shocked in learning how many carbs are in things I always...
  14. gr8dryv

Golf on YouTube tonight

Sorry if a dup thread, did not see if posted and I just got an email alert
  15. gr8dryv

Nice to be back!

The current Covid situation has me, like I'm sure many of you, working from home. Doing so instead of the many hours I usually spend behind my windshield is allowing me to get back into some THP rhythm. Just in time as the season is soon upon us here in New England, so long as these cooties go...
  16. gr8dryv

Golf related baby names

I see on Twitter that Blair O'Neal recently had a baby boy and named him "Chrome". I can't stop wondering if he is soft. I fought hard for my 2nd born to be named Jack Niclaus or Jaclyn Nichole, but I lost... Besides an occasional "Hogan", do you know of any others names after something golf?
  17. gr8dryv

Moving on from Apex Pros

I've had these in the bag for over 3 years. I don't get to play as much as I would like and am looking to get into something closer to a GI with some additional distance. For those who moved on from the Pros, what'd you go to and what did you see as improvement? Thanks!
  18. gr8dryv

Low spin vs more spin in drivers

OK, color me confused. The last couple of years, manufacturers have been promoting lower spin but now I'm seeing info that allows adjustability for more spin. Which one is it and why would you want one vs the other? In my mind, I hear spin and I think slice or hook.
  19. gr8dryv

Shaft extenders in graphite for irons

My Recoils came to me at -1/2". I'm getting ready to re-grip and thought about adding length to standard. Any foreseeable issues?
Back