Search results for query: *

1. B

Great Big Bertha Fairway, what the ...!?

As fate would have it, the 25g Winn grip turned out to be defective and Callaway was nice enough to allow me a custom shaft exchange. 3/4" shorter, 15g heavier and with a much better GP grip. Hoping for a decent Swing Weight and the UPS truck.
  2. B

Great Big Bertha Fairway, what the ...!?

I wanted to pick up a 2023 Big Bertha 7 wood to go with my B21 9, but had no clue that the Great Big Bertha was entirely separate line. When I saw a smoking price on Amazon, I clicked buy. Wow, this thing is pretty, but it is so, so light. 312g but a D5 SW. That's lighter than my driver and...
  3. B

If not a long hitter, how important is gapping in the top of the bag? Do you do something else? If so, what?

Short and/or off the fairway. And that's the key; long irons and fairways are the most difficult clubs to hit. And don't even mention hooky hybrids. I gave up trying to reach from 220-230 yd out. My inconsistency in reaching with a long club and a dropping swing speed made it an easy choice...
  4. B

Callaway UW vs. Epic Super Hybrid

Funny, 'cause modern forgiving technology makes everything easier; the UW is very forgiving. What many found was that the low launch and spin characteristics made us move up a loft while retaining exceptional distance. Not surprising when it turned out that 17s measured 14° and 21s measured...
  5. B

Best Equipment Acquisition in the Last Two or Three Years

2016 M2 Driver. Always wanted an M2. Searched for years finally found a mint M2. Equal or better than anything new.
  6. B

Let’s see your set ups in your bag.. do you set up your irons left to right or right to left?

One thing is clear; you "backwards boys" all have giant cart bags.
  7. B

Callaway Pre-owned, down for days?

Hopefully the end of the story. As suspected, I got a Notice of Data Breach from Callaway. No surprise, but as usual, nearly a month later before they fessed up. They claim no payment info was acquired, but... that's what they always claim. The feeble forced mandatory password reset is...
  8. B

ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers: Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid and Apex UW

1. Paradym Super Hybrid 27º Looking for some moon shots! Same loft as my 6 iron, but it's guaranteed to go miles higher. 2. 21º 3. OG Apex UW 21º
  9. B

Irons breaking - trying to solve the mystery!

Definitely condensation from chilling you club shafts. Not mention you live in Florida, hot, humid, tons of moisture in the air. When that water vapor inside your shafts hits the cold shaft walls, it will reach it's dew point and liquefy. i.e. water drops inside your shafts. Think a dripping...
  10. B

Finally got my order in resulting is a Unavailable email. I tried again a few days later, but my order did a Houdini and vanished with my 25% code. My club popped up a week later and my 25% code said "previously used"! I checked out quickly anyway with a 10%er or something, otherwise my club...
  11. B

Just got my order in! We'll see if I actually get it. No email confirmations and shipping delays are noted in the order. I must of tried checking out fifty times! It's the holy grail club that I've been after for months. I'm betting a holy bust is more than likely.
  12. B

I've been trying to checkout for a couple of days. It's been a big no go. Various online down messages and the call center is also closed. Wazzup?! Has to be a hack or a ransomware attack.
  13. B

Anyone playing a 9 wood?

I'm still working out the kinks; swing easy, trust you can go both ways, but it's still super easy, high and long. I will say it's amazing out of the deep stuff. While my 300 yd speed playing partner was hacking up the tour depth rough, the B21 was like butter.
  14. B

Anyone playing a 9 wood?

I was looking for "not a hybrid" that went a mile high and landed like a butterfly. I decided on the Big Bertha B21, but finding one with even an R shaft was difficult. I persisted and found an Amazon deal with a 75g R shaft. It's a gorgeous blue and has surprising heft, but the giant head...
  15. B

Looking For Testers: MotoCaddy M7 GPS Electric Caddy

1. I generally push cart ~90% of the time, so #PushCartMafia, yes. But I can't say I don't enjoy a cart ride. 2. Why an electric? One word, Balboa. In and out of a canyon course is more of a death march then hilly. At least, that's what I'm thinking when I make a reservation. I am all...
  16. B

Callaway JAWS Full Toe Wedges

It's a wrap on the Jaws Full Toe 60° vs the PM Grind 60°. 1. The JFT C grind is just better than the PM U grind in SoCal sand. I miss the weight of the PM a bit, but that's it. The JFT just glides through the sand. 2. I don't play full shots with a lob wedge often, but having the option...
  17. B

Rusting a Wedge Quickly

Yeah, I don't get it. I like my wedges shiny, but happy to let my Chrome JFT face turn "naturally".
  18. B

New Release: Callaway Apex UW

Ran to the shop to try one out. So easy to hit, centered every one and feels hot and solid.. I settled for the Project X as I didn't want to wait, but it seems decent enough. From address it reminds me a lot of my Nickent 3DX Utility DC which was exactly this; a cross between a fairway and...
Back