Search results for query: *

1. SamYYZ

The right Mashie loft?

Hi all, Loving the feedback in the Mashie review thread and giving this club a serious look. My question is around which loft would best fit my bag. Right now I'm hitting a Superfast 18* hybrid, and Burner 2.0 irons which clock in at 21* for the 4 iron and 24* for the 5 iron. So, the 20.5* M3...
  2. SamYYZ

Dumb Question of the Day: "Boring" Trajectory

Ok, so I'm always hearing the term "boring trajectory", most recently in the Srixon ad with Furyk describing why he switched balls (as if it wasn't for the cash, not that I have a problem with that, but I digress). I've always assumed this term meant "average ho hum flight path, not too high...
  3. SamYYZ

R11 Driver design intentions

Hi all, I know this has been touched on in various levels of depth throughout the R11 driver thread, but mostly in the form of people's observations and opinions. So, hopefully this question merits its own thread... If not, merge or delete as needed. :act-up: With that said, my question is...
  4. SamYYZ

TM Penta Giveaway?

I swear I saw an ad during the Masters promoting TM Penta balls, with a website where you could register to win two sleeves of balls to test. Does anyone know what that site is? I've searched and can't find anything... - Sam
  5. SamYYZ

Scotty Cameron putter branding

So, I've always wondered why I've been averse to SC putters. I finally realized that I'm not comfortable having someone else's name plastered all over my putter. A brand name, yes.. a person's name, no. I think the limit of what I'd be willing to accept is the Vokey name on a wedge (although...
  6. SamYYZ

Odyssey White Ice #5

I picked up one of these recently after putting for a few hours with everything in sight at my local Golf Town. I really wanted to like the Corza Ghost, but found it clicky. I loved the feel of the new Ghost TM-770, but the White Ice was just that much better for me. The kicker is that it was...
  7. SamYYZ

Gap Wedge Dilemma

Dear THP crew, a) I blame the Burner 2.0 irons thread (partially) for coaxing me into buying a set of them today, to replace my less-than-one-year-old R9s. b) I am now stuck with a dilemma: I bought a 4-PW set because I found them for a great price, but my R9 set is 4-AW so I'm left with a gap...
  8. SamYYZ

Bridgestone 2010 e6 vs. 2009 e6+ ?

Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered in another thread, but I couldn't find anything. I read the review of the 2010 e6 ball: http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=6091 ... but I'm looking for a comparison between this ball and the 2009 e6+. There are a lot of places selling mint e6+...
  9. SamYYZ

Taylormade Burner Superfast Hybrids

Has anyone else seen these? Saw them at my local golf shop tonight. Nice looking clubs. I can't find anything about them on the TM website though. Here's the link from the retailer I was at: http://www.golftown.com/gtcommerce/stores/1/product1.aspx?Product_ID=13207&lang=en&rnd=0.05278116
  10. SamYYZ

Fujikura Speeder 757 ?

Hi all, A friend of mine is looking to buy a used R9 that has this shaft, in regular flex. I can't find much info on it. the Fujikura site has it in its "older" section, but there's no info. Any goood? Thanks, - Sam
  11. SamYYZ

Paint cracking on R9 SuperTri?

Hi all, Having just bought new golf clubs for the first time in 10 years, I'm not sure how fragile/delicate modern clubs are. I accidentally hit the mat at the range today (too much "down" on the downswing) and this happened to the paint on the bottom: Am I wrong in thinking this is a...
  12. SamYYZ

Small dents on the crown of my new R9 3-wood

So, I finally got the whole set of new clubs out on the range this weekend, and when I got my R9 fairway wood into the sunshine I noticed two tiny dents in the crown. They're not deep enough to have cracked the paint (which is probably why I didn't notice them indoors when I originally...
  13. SamYYZ

Equipment used on Tour?

Hi all, I'm curious as to the breakdown of clubs used on Tour. I always see ads claiming things like "the number one driver on Tour" (TaylorMade), "number one irons on Tour, 13 years in a row" (Callaway), "number one ball in golf" (Titleist), etc. etc. Is there a handy repository of this info...
Back