Search results for query: *

1. HBirdman80

#THPCallout sposey013168 v. HBirdman80 - Battle of the Bucket Hats!

That's right! We know how jealous everyone is of the bucket hats...so now it's time to determine which bucket hat will reign supreme and be the object of your envy! spousey013168 -- I'm calling you out, old school style...I demand satisfaction!!! When: Sunday, July 10, 2016. Where: Ledgestone...
  2. HBirdman80

Safety First!

In case, after shanking his drive into the lake and failing to clear the ladies' tees, your playing partner decides to end it all by jumping into said lake, make sure you know the location of all safety devices: Either there's a crazy story to this or EU safety regulations have run amok...
  3. HBirdman80

WSJ - Blaming Course Operators for Drop in Golf Participation

Very interesting article in the Wall Street Journal this morning: http://www.wsj.com/articles/americans-want-to-play-golfuntil-they-try-it-1457379085?tesla=y Basically, they say numbers to be released today show more new players are trying golf than at any time since the early 2000s (i.e., the...
  4. HBirdman80

2016 Ryder Cup - Attendee/Volunteer Travel and Meetup Thread

After searching the forums I haven't found a thread dedicated to attendees and volunteers at the 2016 Ryder Cup at Hazeltine National. I know volunteers have been selected and (at least some) ticket lottery winners have been notified so I figured it was time to start a thread for the THPers who...
  5. HBirdman80

What is the shortest drive you have ever hit?

Since we have an active 'longest drive' thread with many funny stories, I thought I'd start a shortest drive thread that will hopefully bring out a slew of other funny stories. Most tournaments have a longest drive contest; I've actually played in a tournament with a shortest drive contest. It...
  6. HBirdman80

How Did You Get Here?

During discussion on one of the Legacy threads I mentioned I was saving my golfing background story until the official launch. JB responded Legacy was about the future and suggested I start a new thread, so here it is! But instead of just talking about me (which is boring), I thought I'd make...
  7. HBirdman80

Playing Below your Handicap - Need Advice

OK THP, I need some community advice here. Girlfriend's dad (who I haven't met before) has invited me to join his weekend game this weekend with about 15 guys playing best ball. They don't play for a ton of money, but there is some on the line. He made a point of telling me that he wants me...
  8. HBirdman80

Course Review - The Dye Preserve (Jupiter, FL)

Time for my second course review, The Dye Preserve in Jupiter, Florida. This is my home course, so take this review with a grain of salt (obviously I like it, I wouldn't have become a member if I didn't). The Dye Preserve is not typical south Florida golf. In the 1980s, Joe Webster III, who...
  9. HBirdman80

Course Review (Unofficial) - Arctic Golf, Rovaniemi, Finland

Hello all! My first attempt at a course review, even though it is unofficial (I'm going to post more than the maximum five pictures). I recently took a vacation to Finland to see where part of my family is originally from (I'm a Finish, Swedish, and Ukrainian...basically I love fighting off...
  10. HBirdman80

Pilots Checkin

Did a search and came back with no results, so thought I'd ask: how many THPers are pilots (PPL, Commercial, or ATP)? Have you ever used your flying skills to go on golf excursions, and, if so, what's your favorite trip? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  11. HBirdman80

Hickory Golf

The thread on pushcarts at the NCAAs has talked a bit about history and tradition. Didn't want to hijack that, so thought I'd start a new thread. Has anyone ever seen or played with/in one of the 'Hickory Golf' groups? Basically, it's a group that gets together and plays golf 'the...
  12. HBirdman80

Newbie Checkin

Hello all! Recently decided to get back into golfing regularly/seriously after many years of sporadic playing. Stumbled across the forum while researching new clubs and have become addicted. Thanks to all who have unknowingly contributed helped me out and I look forward to being a member of...
Back