Search results for query: *

1. rlew

rlew's putting renaissance and (hopeful) journey to improvement

I am a terrible putter. I mean, it's bad. In situations where there's no reason to leave it short, I leave it short. Or I crush it way past the hole. My green reading skills are non-existent. My putting stroke is inconsistent. I'm lost on the greens. And I'm determined to really put in the work...
  2. rlew

CONTEST rlew’s 5K post giveaway: Dormie #TeamSrixon headcover

Hey everyone! So THP has been very good to me in many ways and I recently passed 5K posts and was looking for a way to do something fun with it. I was lucky enough to win this Dormie #TeamSrixon driver headcover and would like to pay it forward to somebody here. 1.Be an Albatross Club...
  3. rlew

Do you have recurring dreams?

I've always been fascinated by the topic of the different recurring dreams that people have. Many have dreams that their teeth are falling out. Many have dreams that their mouth is full/they can't breathe. Many have dreams related to college classes they didn't study for, or forgetting their...
  4. rlew

A golf course near us just had all their carts go up in flames

Wife and I were driving around and could smell something on fire. We then saw on a local Facebook page the reason: a course near here (believe this is Royal Crest, for those in Northeast Ohio) had many of their carts catch fire, and someone posted this video as they drove by. Crazy, hope nobody...
  5. rlew

Giveaway: a free 2023 Albatross Club Membership

It's been a little more than a year since I got back into golf and THP after a lengthy absence, and it's been wonderful. And thinking about all that, I've been wanting to do something. And after the Grandaddy and everything amazing with THP, if you'd like to join the fun, be eligible for the...
  6. rlew

rlewis1323 full bag fitting at CC review/data (a positive experience!)

Just got home from my full bag fitting at CC (this was the $100 promotion they ran) and was really pleased with the experience. I've wanted to go through this for some time and loved the chance to gather all this data and experiment a little bit. I worked with Greg at the Warrensville Heights...
  7. rlew

Taco Bell and Cheez-It collab tostada and crunchwrap

Taco Bell and Cheez-It are testing/collaborating on a tostada and a crunchwrap. For now, they’re being tested at a single location in Irvine, California. Yay or nay?
  8. rlew

You must eliminate two …

9. rlew

Ritz and Oreo sweet & salty mashup

Ritz and Oreo are coming out with a limited edition sweet & salty creation. It’ll be available for a limited time beginning on Thursday at noon ET. Can get a free pack (with $3.95 shipping) at Oreo.com/ritz. More info here.
  10. rlew

Anyone else view cleaning their clubs as just sort of satisfying/relaxing?

For whatever reason, cleaning my clubs after a round is just a really relaxing, satisfying thing. Maybe it's just the thought of taking care of the clubs (taking care of something I paid money for and that I care about in general). Maybe it's just the nice view of all clean clubs being put into...
  11. rlew

What are the movies you *have* to watch every time they're on?

This is a fun one because it isn't necessarily just a favorite movies list, though it's probably pretty close. There are some that just pull you in, and need to be watched. The ones I can't resist and always turn them on (HBO gets me a lot haha): Gladiator Shawshank Redemption Saving Private...
  12. rlew

Rank your favorite/top 5 comedy TV shows of all time

Recently had a discussion about this with a buddy because for me, this list was, personally, rock solid for a long time and over the last two years had some new entries to the very top, so it's been changing a bit. It's also a fun discussion to see what people get out of what shows. So give me...
  13. rlew

Best meals/recipes you like to make in the winter/colder months?

Yes, some of you enjoy the sunshine year around, but many us are either already in or preparing for the winter and the colder season. And we all know that some meals just hit better when it's cold outside. What are your go-to meals/recipes when the winter arrives? Chili? Soups? Pastas? Comfort...
  14. rlew

Like or dislike in-door putting mats?

I was wondering what everyone's opinion was on the use of in-door putting mats as a way of really practicing your putting stroke. Of course, nothing will beat the real thing but when you're relegated in-doors, is it a viable alternative or do you not think it represents a true roll? I live in...
  15. rlew

If you could go back in time and walk the course for one PGA Tour event, which one?

If you had the ability to go back in time and walk the course (VIP treatment, inside the ropes, best seat in the house) for one historic PGA Tour Event, which event would it be and why would it be your No. 1 choice? The 1987 Masters for Larry Mize's chip? Nicklaus' Masters win the year before...
  16. rlew

The Please Hold Me Accountable Thread (long)

So, apologies for the long post. I think being held accountable is big. So if anyone else wants to join this thread, by all means, we have jackets. Here’s where I am, trying to keep this short: always loved golf—covered it, written about it, studied it—but I couldn’t play a whole lot until...
  17. rlew

If you could play one hole from any course, which one would you choose?

Curious to see which holes get multiple responses. Per my avatar, there's no question mine would be No. 17 at TPC Sawgrass. The lure, the aura of that hole is incredible. I'd love the chance to hit that green (though I think we all know what that end result would be ;)). I love the placement...
  18. rlew

FS: Yes! Tracy putter, Titleist 755 forged irons 3-PW, Titleist 907D1 driver

I've gotten all new clubs recently, so I'm selling what I've been using. Wasn't able to play many rounds with these the past few summers, so most of them were used primarily on the range. There's nothing I'm exactly looking for in a trade but I'd be open to any ideas. If you'd like to buy...
  19. rlew

Holy cow I shot a freaking 89!

Sorry for making this as an own thread, but my goodness is it unreal when things can come together! I had only been able to play four rounds of golf over the past three summers. This was my third time out this year, first time playing a full 18. I'm not even sure I had ever legitimately broken...
  20. rlew

Where does Bridgestone Invitational rank on PGA Tour Calendar?

So, of course, the four majors and the The Players make up the top-5 tournaments on Tour each year. I'm from Northeast Ohio and have had some involvement with the Bridgestone Invitational at Firestone CC. Being a major tournament with all the big-name players every year, Tiger's dominance...
Back