Search results for query: *

1. AndrewG

No Cup is Safe...

Pretty funny - and an interesting approach for Nike to take.
  2. AndrewG

Jumbo putter grips

As an experiment, I'm want to pop an oversize grip on my old rife mid mallet. I'm unsure as to which type to go for my first foray into jumboland... straight sided jumbo, or oversized tapered? Any recommendations for specific brand/models are also welcome... Cheers all. Are you Tapatalking...
  3. AndrewG

Anyone seen one of these?

I've just picked up this Cleveland Divot Tool, after the loss of my Odyssey one I've had since I started this damned game :crying:. I've done a quick search on the interwebs though, to see what year it is, etc, but can't find a mention of it anywhere. I'd rather get a refund than put money into...
  4. AndrewG

Olympics 2016, 5th Major? Golf worldwide...

With the Olympics 2012 drawing to a close, we've seen in the UK an unprecidented medal haul for such a small country, and a tidal wave, some would say excessively so, of interest in sport and its place worldwide in bringing people together, etc. This made me think about the Olympics 2016 where...
  5. AndrewG

R & A Golf Rules on Android...

There is an official app on Google Play now with the R & A Rules including the new 2012-15 updates. Seems pretty useful, as there is a quick lookup section for the main rules indexed by situation, a quiz game, and links to videos explaining the rules and situations. There is a section for the...
  6. AndrewG

What would you do?

A friend of mine made an order for a box of B330-RXS balls the other day. Later the same day, the company introduced a buy 1 get 1 half price deal on that ball, and probably got flooded with orders. This seems to have confused the packers at the warehouse, who have sent my friend 2 boxes, rather...
  7. AndrewG

Which of these for very windy conditions?

Playing a singles match today, and the wind is up in the 15-25 MPH range. I've just taken delivery of some B330-RXS's but I don't really want to risk losing them left when the wind catches some of my fades, turning them into slices. I've got a bunch of other balls lying around : Calaway iX...
  8. AndrewG

Did I make a mistake (Nike Teachers Shoe)?

While I was in Florida, I visited the Nike Clearance Store in Kissimmee, and found what I thought was a real bargain. A lovely pair of full leather shoes for 49.95. They fit well, and are comfortable. They are also cleat-less. Anyway - when I got them home, I noticed on the box that they're...
  9. AndrewG

Iron fitting in the UK?

I'd really love to get a proper fitting in the UK for irons, but I've noticed a big difference between Blighty and our friends across the water - it seems like in the US, fitting is taken much more seriously, and is much more readily available and comprehensive. Here in the UK, there are a...
  10. AndrewG

Putter up, or down?

Having recently switched to the Cleveland (1 round in, and already more 1 putts than the previous 3 months!), I'm trying to hover the putter off the ground before taking the backswing, as I've noticed that when I was resting on the ground before the stroke, and subsequently lifting it off to...
  11. AndrewG

Putter cover options?

The Cleveland 5.5 Platinum CS is supplied with a normal blade cover, totally the wrong size, and the Velcro strip is constantly in contact with the head. I'm sure that'll not do the finish any good over time. I'm currently in Florida, and have checked out the local Edwin Watts, but as helpful...
  12. AndrewG

Cleveland Platinum Black 5.5

This is my first Cleveland club, and, given the price point, I didn't have a huge expectation, but colour me surprised when I unwrapped it an hour ago. Initial impressions are very good. The head is compact, with some weight, and the single white line against the black head is extremely easy...
  13. AndrewG

Backstryke out.... Cleveland black in...

I'm going to shelve the Backstryke DART for a while. Its definitely helped me with the confidence on those 4-8 footers which had become my Achilles heel over the last 6 months. This weekend though, has exposed the problem I have with the Odysseys and the insert - this is the 3rd White Ice putter...
  14. AndrewG

Odyssey putter head finish, repair options?

The 'dark satin' finish on my new Odyssey Backstryke has a very small hairline scratch on the sole, probably caused when tapping down a pitchmark after repair or something, but I can't work out what the actual finish is? Is it a paint coating, or a metal treatment? If its a paint, could I use...
  15. AndrewG

Golf Illustrated Magazine

I received my Issue 2 of a new magazine over here in the UK, and I'm so impressed, I thought I'd post something about it here. I didn't want to post in the Instructions/books forum - because this magazine has no instructions articles, so isn't a training aid in that respect. Basically, this is...
  16. AndrewG

Grip replacement.

Just watched a couple of YT vids of grip replacement with water activated grip tape, and I think I'm going to give it a go for my 7-PW which need new grips badly... Seems easier than replacing the grips on my mountain bike! Are you Tapatalking to me?
  17. AndrewG

Backstryke DART - First steps...

The DART arrived yesterday, and I've just come back from a practice session at my club on very dry, half grass/half sand greens. So I thought I take a few minutes to offer my opinions on the putter, for what they're worth (probably not a lot!)... My first thoughts on taking the nice mag-close...
  18. AndrewG

Anyone seen a centre shaft putter where....

... the shaft enters the head further behind the main thickness of the face? What I mean is, almost all CS putters I've seen, the shaft enters the head just slightly back from the leading edge, meaning there is little or no 'meat' in front of the shaft at the point the ball contacts the face...
  19. AndrewG

Pens for marking

I've got a bunch of Sharpie mini's for marking, but I find, especially in the invariably wet rounds we have over here, that by the 5th or 6th hole, my markings have all but washed off! Are there better pens out there so I don't have to remark two or three times during the round? Will ordinary...
  20. AndrewG

Callaway Tour balls - Tileist equivalents?

I'm loving the Prov1x's I'm playing currently, but due to the release of the newer Callaway tour balls, I'm seeing a lot of good deals on the Callaway Tour i(s) and i(z) balls. Is there a correlation between the ProV1/ProV1x and Tour i(s) and i(z)? I wouldn't mind trying out something new this...
Back