Search results for query: *

1. DaBuckBoys

R.I.P. Grant Wahl

Story breaking this morning about sports journalist Grant Wahl's sudden death in Qatar while covering the World Cup. This will be a story to follow. His brother has already spoken out that he thinks Grant was killed. Sad story all around...
  2. DaBuckBoys

Review Club Champion "the Lamborghini of club fitting"

I'll try to keep this brief because it's really not worth the effort. But I want to be honest and I am completely upset with my CC experience. I signed up for the discounted $100 full bag fitting a month ago and Friday at 10am I had my appointment. Took the day off work and headed to the...
  3. DaBuckBoys

Bunkers at home course are a mess!

Not sure what to say or do or expect... They've never been great. They've worked on them regularly over the years. Have redone the drainage in most. But the whole covid year of no rakes and I'm not sure they've been touched since. They've thrown some rakes out there but judging how they are...
  4. DaBuckBoys

Eagles Nest Somerset, Ky

A few years ago, there was a forum member who was working at the Eagles Nest outside of Somerset, Ky. My Dad's family is originally from the area and yet none of us have every played the course. My wife and some friends will be staying outside of Somerset next weekend and I was wanting to see...
  5. DaBuckBoys

Don't be this guy...

Played a round with my wife and buddy y'day afternoon. 4pm tee time, heat of the day, mid 90's heat index. Nobody around on the 1st hole so we tee'd off a few minutes early. As we got the green I noticed a single pulled up to the teebox. I thought here we go, Mr. "I play in under 3 hours as a...
  6. DaBuckBoys

The Golf Channel: Old Lido Course

The feature tonight on the Long Island Original Lido Golf Club was pretty cool. C.B. McDonald and Seth Raynor once built a course on Long Island stretching from the south on the Atlantic Ocean to Reynolds Channel on the north. Not enough name recognition? Alistair McKenzie won a design...
  7. DaBuckBoys

Bad penalty on Haotong Li!

https://golfweek.com/2019/01/28/euro-tour-chief-penalty-on-haotong-li-is-grossly-unfair-under-new-rules-of-golf/ I'm sure everyone has seen this by now. Euro Tour catching some deserved grief...
  8. DaBuckBoys

Swing weight progression?

Current setup is Driver- D4, 5W - D5, Heavenwood - D0 Any thoughts to the benefits of adding an XR16 Fairway woods (replace the 5W) that plays at D3 which falls more or less in between the driver and the Heavenwood? I feel like since I've add the Heavenwood last summer I am not very consistent...
  9. DaBuckBoys

How far south to find green grass in November?

Looking to play some mid-November golf. How far south do we need to travel to play on mostly green golf courses? Tennessee? Alabama, Florida? Bahama? :confused2: Obviously weather is unpredictable, just looking for some thoughts?
  10. DaBuckBoys

Rec's for hybrid with less offset?

I've owned a couple hybrids but never hit them consistently well. Only functional shots with my Cleveland Mashie+ are playing fairway wood style "stinger" shots... If I take an iron swing its hook city. Looking at the club at address, I realized how much offset it has and that I think I...
  11. DaBuckBoys

Haven't had weekend plans like this for a while...

My boys and I are joining a neighbor friend and his son on Friday morning on a day trip to Louisville, Kentucky. Louisville Slugger Museum at noon, Churchill Downs at 3pm, then a Louisville Bats game at 6:30pm. I'm guessing we'll be driving home with 3 boys asleep in the backseat near midnight...
  12. DaBuckBoys

Got a little break from the winter yesterday.

A couple of friends and I played 18 holes on a simulator yesterday. The roads were a little rough getting there & worse coming home. Quite a bit of drifting across the highway. We arrived a little early and got started right away. A few balls each to get loose and we setup to play Pinehills...
  13. DaBuckBoys

John Daly likes his new 9 iron.

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/john-daly-makes-hole-in-one-wins-honda-equus-pro-am-pga-west-jack-nicklaus-course-011314 Only Big John... a hole in one for a one of a kind.
  14. DaBuckBoys

General questions about grips...

First off never replaced a grip on any club. Also never felt like I wore a grip down. I've played my Burner irons for 3 seasons now, 30 - 40 rounds per season with the stock grips. I'm assuming the stock grips are highly durable but lacking in the feel or comfort an upgraded or premium grip...
  15. DaBuckBoys

No luck for lefties at Golfsmith

A brand new Golfsmith opened in Beavercreek Ohio a few weeks ago. There is a Dick's Sporting Goods in the mall across the street but its the only dedicated golf store in a pretty good sized shopping area. I stopped in for the first time tonight looking for some gifts for my father inlaw who...
  16. DaBuckBoys

I need some tips for getting chips & pitches to run out...

The local course I play a majority of my rounds has fairly soft greens and over the last few years they have had inconsistent surfaces to say the least. Sometimes they have had massive dead areas. Anyways I've developed a short game that leaves me hitting high shots that stop quick. Only when...
  17. DaBuckBoys

This guy has to be a THP'er...

This guy has to be a THP'er...
  18. DaBuckBoys

Hard balls?

What are the commentators refering to when the mention pro's playing a "hard ball"? High compression? ProV1x types?
  19. DaBuckBoys

Anyone care to give a 5 wood recommendation?

First this is a great site and easily the most comprehensive golf website I have come across in the wild, wild, interwebs... Like so many out there I try to stretch my golfing dollars as far as possible and usually buy year or two old models of clubs. I like my '09 Burner driver but may look...
  20. DaBuckBoys

This has to be a bad sign

Finally have a round scheduled for tomorrow. Have had terrible weather & a crazy schedule this year. Probably have played a 100 holes in my living room with foam balls the last few weeks. So many that I put on a brand new Footjoy Stasof Full Cabretta glove to calm a hot spot on my index finger...
Back