Search results for query: *

1. M

What kind of improvements do you expect to make...

over the winter months? Do you take lessons and work on your swing? Or do you just expect to sort of squeak by and hold on for dear life until springtime? Obviously, this question is geared more toward those who live in colder climes and can't get out on the courses. My instructor told me that...
  2. M

Just learned my golfTEC instructor is leaving!

Okay, I am very, very sad!!!! I just learned that my golfTEC instructor, Chad Meador, who has been teaching me since I first picked up a club this past February, is leaving to take a non-golf job. :crying: Honestly, Chad has been an extraordinary instructor, able to explain concepts based on...
  3. M

Difference btw hyrid and FW?

Okay, Teh Google has given me about a billion different answers for this question. What is the difference between a hybrid and a FW? How about a "fybrid," a hybrid, and a FW? Yes, I'm golf stupid. I just started taking lessons in February and only played my first rounds in September. I'm asking...
  4. M

Waist / Hip Injury?

So, last night, I was using my PowerStick (it's basically a weighted club), trying to create a hip groove, when I felt a sudden searing ache in my left waist/hip area. It hurt like heck, even to walk. So, there's no way I can swing a club right now. (Guess we'll be doing putting at my golfTec...
  5. M

Golf and weight gain or loss

So, I'm about 50-60 pounds overweight. (I wish I could say that my excess weight was due entirely to my rheumatoid arthritis medications, but I can't: The food and drink in Chicago truly are something wondrous!) I was already overweight when I took up golf / started taking lessons this past...
  6. M

Last golf of the season tomorrow (Thurs.)

Since it's getting colder here in Chi-town and I don't do cold, tomorrow will be my last day of golf for the season. Sniff, sniff. :( DH and I are taking advantage of the unseasonably warm weather here (65) to take in a final round at the Wilmette Golf Club, a nice little course that's...
  7. M

Why does it take so long to develop a good swing?

Why does it take so long to develop a proper golf swing? Is it because, for example, the movements required are not natural to our physiology? Is it because golf requires mastery of at least five "separate" sports that utilize different skill sets (i.e., driving, hitting irons, chipping...
  8. M

Has anyone played this wedge...

...or something like it? All-purpose Wedge It is USGA-conforming. My FIL was in town this past weekend and he played "The Extractor," which looked very much like this club, to get his ball out of the bunkers. He didn't miss a single time. (I googled The Extractor but could find nothing on...
  9. M

Woman's swing: General differences?

Hi, Andy -- I did a search both here and in the GFW forum, but I came up with nothing. Can you please just explain to me, in general terms, what the differences are between a woman's swing and a man's swing? For example, I know that women generally are shorter, have a lower center of gravity...
  10. M

Woo Hoo - My New Callaway X-24s Have Arrived!

My X-24's have finally arrived. 6-SW, gray Diamana shafts, and black Tour Velvet grips. They are gorgeous! They were there when I went for my lesson/practice, so of course I tried them all out (pix would show scuffing instead of new shinyness). They are awesome - huge sweet spot for me -- and...
  11. M

Wisconsin?

So, my father-in-law is going to be visiting with us to hack around in one weekend in July. We'd kinda like to get out of the Chicago area (max three hours from the city) and into a resort-like area that's not overly expensive. Anyone have any suggestions about resorts and courses? Thanks, Kim
  12. M

New Irons: Mizuno MX-1000 or Nike SQ MachSpeed?

I'm looking to buy some clubs as I get my first official start on the game. (In other words, I'm new enough to suck without even having a handicap!) I've tried out many new clubs (Diablos, X-22s, Superburners, Adams, etc.), but I keep coming back to the MX-1000s and the MachSpeeds. I've read...
  13. M

Live from the Second City....

Yep, I'm living in Chicago. Never imagined I'd be living in the Midwest since I'm an East Coaster born and bred, but here I am. Since we are unencumbered by children, my husband and I decided, at the ripe old age of 43, to take up golf. We're doing lessons at golftec and I'm having a good (if...
Back