Search results for query: *

1. ncsuhunter

When your swing goes suddenly wrong

currently going through these struggles as well. have always been a good ball striker but have lost about a club and a half of distance since the first of the year. I feel the club opening up and I'm hitting the ball a lot higher but thus far I have not been able to consistently figure it out...
  2. ncsuhunter

Rank Your Greenside Bunker Game

It's really weird...if I'm practicing I would say I have a solid sand game, but playing I sometimes really struggle...just haven't gotten it from the practice bunkers to the course...all in due time I guess.
  3. ncsuhunter

Brag about your kids

We have an only child here. 14 year old son who hasn't really picked up the golf bug yet. His passion is on the diamond behind the plate. He is also an avid outdoorsman that loves to fish and hunt. When he's ready to pick up the sticks and beat the little ball around we will do that but for...
  4. ncsuhunter

Are we at a tipping point for equipment?

what does rolling the ball or equipment back for that matter really accomplish? The longest guys are still going to be the longest and length will still be an advantage for them. Your just making the short guys even shorter. should pitchers in baseball that throw 100+ mph have to pitch from...
  5. ncsuhunter

Compare/Contrast Mizuno vs Srixon Equipment

I went into a Driver fitting a couple years ago on a budget which took away some of the bigger players. I ended up fit into a Srixon 785 driver because of price point and also because upgraded shaft combinations that suited my swing were not an upcharge with them. Many of my playing partners...
  6. ncsuhunter

any fishermen here?

I don't do alot of fishing in the lakes around here. We do some, but most of our fishing is in the Roanoke river during the annual striper spawning run and down in the Pamlico Sound/Neuse River area for Old Drum, puppy drum, speckled trout, and flounder.
  7. ncsuhunter

Share you injury stories!

With a history of lower back issues, I have had my share for sure. The one that sticks out the most is, I was playing in a superball tournament and we were 15 holes in. We finished the hole and were riding in the cart to the next hole and the guy driving hits a bump in the cart path. Pretty...
  8. ncsuhunter

The Car Shopping Thread

The car market is absolutely insane. In 2019 I traded my Tundra and VW jetta for a 2017 Silverado LTZ. When my dad passed away last March I had to make a decision as I didn't need 3 trucks sitting in my yard. His was a 2011 Sierra with low miles and in great shape. I needed a truck to take...
  9. ncsuhunter

Why is it so accepted to move up a tee in golf? Seems so inconsistent?

We have a couple courses around here where the forced carry is a ditch or creek in front of the green and a couple where from the whites there's a forced carry over 210 from the tee box. Play with a buddy that isn't terribly short, if he doesn't hit a great drive, he's laying up on the par 4's...
  10. ncsuhunter

What comes to mind when you think of Tour Edge?

Fairway Woods. Some of the best on the market.
  11. ncsuhunter

Head Cover

I've got A Toulon design Indianapolis putter and I have had a terrible time finding a headcover for it. Any suggestions? Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  12. ncsuhunter

Kudos to KBS Shafts!

Reached out to KBS shafts on facebook due to some ratty looking labels on my irons and asked about some replacement shaft labels. Heard back from Tod asking for my address. Checked the mail this afternoon and had a new set of KBS Tour and KBS Hi Rev shaft labels in my mailbox! I wasn't...
  13. ncsuhunter

new sticks!

Put a set 5-pw Tom Wishon 565 cb irons in the bag. KBS tour shafts in them. played my first round of the year and first with them today. Great ball striking, very forgiving. All good until I had to putt. it became clear that I have put an emphasis on ball striking and no short game work...
  14. ncsuhunter

Interesting year...

This year has been interesting for me golf wise. I put alot of time and effort last year into getting my handicap sub 10. I worked it down to about an 8 at my best. I don't know if it just burnt me out on it or what, but up until recently and even now, I just don't have the drive and desire...
  15. ncsuhunter

FS: Odyssey Pro-Type 2 Ball, 34 Inch with Headcover and WinnX Putter Grip

I am selling my Odyssey Pro-Type 2 Ball putter. It is 34 inches long and has a Black and Red WinnX putter grip on it. The putter has a milled face and a head cover is included. I am asking $105 or Best Offer (Plus Shipping, Continental US only). It is a really nice putter, I've just been...
  16. ncsuhunter

Trouble getting round going after work...

So does anybody else have trouble getting their rounds started after a long day at the office? We play a lot of 9 hole rounds after work and a lot of the time don't have time to hit any balls before we start (one course has no driving range). For me that kinda puts me into survival mode for...
  17. ncsuhunter

2015 Striper Fishing

Every year I take my dad and a few friends up to the Roanoke River in Weldon, NC for a little striper fishing fun. This year our first trip from April 26 - 28 kinda sucked. We caught 32 fish in roughly 2 total days of fishing. That's pretty slow. Good class of fish, with 10 keepers and a couple...
  18. ncsuhunter

Taped my swing tonight...thoughts?

I've been struggling lately with my ball striking. Put the clubs down for a couple weeks and went to the range tonight. Ball striking was much much better. Not where it was earlier this year but it was much better. I've been working this year trying to get inside out and play a little draw...
  19. ncsuhunter

BBQ Anyone?

cooked a piggy for a friend last night. mmmmmmm
  20. ncsuhunter

updated profile

Hey guys and gals. I updated my THP profile a little this evening and added a couple albums with some pictures of my hobbies other than golf. I will create another album in there soon with some pictures of the courses I've played and other golf related fun stuff. Hope you enjoy, I always love...
Back