Search results for query: *

1. Flooder

Fitting experience - Driver shaft advice

Had a great fitting experience yesterday at Tru Spec Golf in Waltham, MA. For those in the area, Nick was an amazing resource and the facility is state of the art. Went in wanting to look at Driver and 3 wood to see if i could improve on them. We did driver first and after a while, Nick...
  2. Flooder

Apple watch golf apps?

Anybody using their Apple watch for gps purposes? What apps have you tried/liked? I'm a laser guy myself, but the wife wants to get the apple watch and doesn't want to wear both that and her GPS watch while playing. Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
  3. Flooder

Golf - What's your hurry?

I'm just going to say it... what is your damn hurry?! I play close to 100 rounds per year and can count on 1 hand the number of time a round takes longer than 4:15, but I'm being pushed around the course on 25-35 of those rounds. I am SICK OF IT!!!! Golf is a leisure activity. An 18 hole...
  4. Flooder

Curing pulls thru lie angle change not in line with what lie board suggests - crazy?

While demoing some CF16s Saturday night I got the idea for a little experiment. My shot shape with mid to short irons is left, sort of a pull, draw (pull, hook when it's real bad). I've tried a number of adjustments to correct, but I think it comes down to how aggressive through the shot I am. I...
  5. Flooder

It's in the hole!!

So, on Saturday I had my first hole-in-one! :banana::banana::banana: It came on the 7th hole at my home course, a par 3 that with the pin in the front was playing 148 yards. I hit a 9 iron that looked really good in the air, but we couldn't see the cup itself, so had to wait until we got up to...
  6. Flooder

WTB R11 4 iron

After countless failures to find a hybrid I can hit without hooking the bleep out of it, I'm leaning toward going back to a 4 iron. Looking for steel stiff, preferably a mid weight shaft like KBS or Nippon 950 but if you've hit one let's talk.
  7. Flooder

WTB: Driver shaft(s)

I'm looking for a shaft I could swap out in my R9 Supertri. If it's tipped for TM great, if not, i'll get that done. Not looking to spend a ton of money but let me know what you have. I know there's a million variations. I'm looking for higher launch, low spin (I know - who isn't) and have been...
  8. Flooder

Driver Fitting and resulting indecison

Lately I've been pondering whether I'm gaming the right driver/shaft for me. So, yesterday I went to Joe & Leigh's Discount Golf (a top 100 fitter according to Golf Digest) and decided to put myself in their hands. Hitting out onto the range from an indoor bay gave the best of all worlds -...
  9. Flooder

Anybody for a round in Cape Coral FL 4/1 or 4/2 AM

I'm down here for a few days and playing each morning around 9am. I've got plans tomorrow but would love some THP company for Tuesday and/or Wednesday? Thinking of playing Magnolia Landing and Palmetto Pines those days, but I'm open to other suggestions.
  10. Flooder

FS: TM R11S 10.5* R flex (New still in plastic)

Guys, I was at a charity tourney and decided to help the cause by bidding up this driver. Problem was, nobody else in the room wanted to cooperate, so I ended up with a brand new driver that I don't need. Just not ready to give up my Supertri yet. I'm not looking to make money here. I paid...
  11. Flooder

Finally Picked My New Irons

It's been a while since I've been able to get on here. Work has been insanely busy and I haven't had time to do much more than the very occasional lurking here of late, but I had to jump on today to share the good news.... I've finally bought new irons!!! Well, it took me long enough, right...
  12. Flooder

Anyone up for some golf in Ft. Myers area Nov. 11-18th?

My wife and I will be on our annual trip to Ft. Myers Beach during those dates and I'm trying to decide whether or not to bring my clubs. If I'm playing alone I probably won't bother, but if one or more fellow THPers are up for 3-4 rounds during that week I will. Would like to tee off 7:30-9am...
  13. Flooder

I've broken through!!!!

I posted this in the trying to break 80 thread, but you'll have to pardon me if I'm so excited that I double post and give this news it's own billing. I've been off the course for 5+ hours, and I still can't believe what happened. My previous best was an 80 and I'd only done that once, so to...
  14. Flooder

The Golden Age of Golf Equipment?

I was going to just post this in the Cleveland black irons thread, but realized it's about so much more than just those... It's so obviously true it seems silly to say this in the form of a question, but are we living through the golden age of golf equipment? Some evidence to support the...
  15. Flooder

Major break through today!

Yesterday I watched the video at the link below which was posted by someone else here on THP. It's about fixing your slice and it works, but that's not the breakthrough... In the middle somewhere, he says something in passing that really resonated with me and got me wondering. He talks about...
  16. Flooder

Flooder's ball fitting experience

So I got to go through the Bridgestone Ball Fitting yesterday and thanks to luck there was no one waiting to go next so I spent nearly 30 minutes with the guys. They were fantastic to talk with. I thought I knew enough about golf balls having read so much here, but I still learned more...
  17. Flooder

Help, my distance has gone MIA!

As the title says, I've misplaced my distance (and I didn't have all that much to begin with). Went to play yesterday and found myself coming up 40-50 yards short of normal with the driver and 5-15 yards short with the irons. Here are the variables I can account for. Weather: It was warm and...
  18. Flooder

North East Get Together in September - Interested?

Okay, it's time for a true THP style "get together" in the North East. Here is my rough sketch plan for this. Just ideas at this point and open to suggestions. Dates: Sept. 17 & 18 Location: Worcester, MA area Courses: Cyprian Keyes http://www.cypriankeyes.com/Club/Scripts/Home/home.asp Kettle...
  19. Flooder

More demo/LM data, need to make a decision

Went to the Callaway Performance Center at a golf course near me and spent some time hitting irons trying to make this decision I've been going back and forth on. The guy there was gracious enough to offer to have me come in w/o charge and see if we could figure it out. Warmed up briefly with...
  20. Flooder

Couple grip questions

Hopefully there's an expert or two on here who can help me with these.... 1. A layer of tape equals how much change in size? 1/16th, 1/32 or something else. 2. I've done my own regripping once putting midsize grips over a single layer of tape; how much harder is it to put a standard grip over...
Back