Search results for query: *

1. McLovin

Grandaddy vibes giveaway - 2024 Apex Pros!

Good morning THPers! Filled with inspiration from the amazing show Team Legacy gave us at last week's 2023 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf I am running a contest to pass along the set of 2024 Apex Pros I have been testing along with several other forum members! You can read our feedback...
  2. McLovin

Traj differences in golf balls

Tiger's "traj" talk always makes me laugh I've noticed this in my short game work, curious if anyone else has. It really stood out to me yesterday working on 25-30y pitches with my instructor. He'd drop a shag bag of premium balls, Pro V1x, Pro V1 Left Dash, AVX, TP5, Chrome Soft, Chrome Soft...
  3. McLovin

Has public golf participation changed forever?

I did an expensive experiment this weekend that was an abject failure, and it got me wondering if I need to adjust my expectations for public golf. I live in Orlando, Florida. There are over 40 golf courses within an hour of my house. And yet, every single weekend round I've tried to play...
  4. McLovin

It's not you, it's me

Having a fun discussion with some other gear h**s about the fruitlessness of changing clubs. So I decided to look at my scoring in The Grint. After all my lessons, all my time practicing, all the club fittings and gear acquisitions. Here's what it got me: Scoring average 2021 81.0 2022 80.6...
  5. McLovin

18 hole full swing cycle

Have you ever played a round of golf and hit an approach with all 13 of your full swing clubs? I got darn close yesterday, hitting everything other than my utility wood. Thinking back on the round it seemed like kind of a unique thing so was curious about other THPers.
  6. McLovin

Combo set fitting - how?!

Legit, how does one get fit for a combo set? So many OEMs are making sets that seem to be designed with combo’ing in mind. But it seems to me the combo decision is on the user rather than in a fitting. Has anyone been fit for a combo set?
  7. McLovin

Who is better for Nike golf?

Tiger Woods? or Michael Jordan?
  8. McLovin

Would LIV be more interesting with non-conforming gear?

The USGA/R&A ball rollback dust-up got me to thinking. Would you watch more LIV golf if the players had nonconforming gear? They'd hit it farther and go super low. Would that help viewership?
  9. McLovin

2022 - How often did you shoot or beat your handicap?

I just did a little analysis, and it was pretty jarring. I wanted to see how often this year my score has been at or below my current handicap index based on each individual round's scoring index. I've played 37 times this year. The number of times my scoring index has been at or below my...
  10. McLovin

Age and design preferences

These past several years I’ve found myself gravitating to very simple, clean aesthetic designs in clubs. I don’t want frills. I don’t want crazy color schemes. There’s a fine line between clean and boring, but I’d rather have boring than loud. I wonder if being in my 40s is why I’m leaning...
  11. McLovin

Trackman indoor inaccuracies?

I spent some time on Trackman today, indoors with the RCT Pro V1s. I know my swing pretty well, and I would say I was getting some very questionable ball flights. There were a few shots when the employee and I both commented that the swing, contact and initial direction did not align with the...
  12. McLovin

PING G425 LST Fairway Wood

I looked and did not see a dedicated thread for the PING G425 LST fairway wood, or the whole line of G425 fairways. Mods- Please delete or merge if a thread already exists. https://ping.com/en-us/clubs/fairways/g425-lst PING says the G425 LST head is smaller than the other models in the...
  13. McLovin

Close but no cigar - Course you should love but don't

There is a golf course less than 5 minutes from my house, and less than 10 minutes from my office. It gets a lot of play, but the grounds crew does a fantastic job keeping it in shape, as good if not better than any other public course in the greater Central Florida area. The full swing...
  14. McLovin

Review McLovin's Club Champion Experience - $100 Promotion Full Bag Fitting

As many others on the forum members have done, I took advantage of Club Champion's promotional Full Bag Fitting at $100. Today I had my fitting at the Orlando, FL location. Goals Thanks to the great people at Mizuno and the amazing opportunities THP gives us members, I am participating in the...
  15. McLovin

Father’s Day meals

Won’t bore anyone with the details but my Father’s Day will not be ideal (putting it nicely). I just want to watch the US Open and have a tasty meal. Not sure about the open, but it’s highly unlikely the meal will happen. Let me live vicariously through you fine folks. What’s on the menu for...
  16. McLovin

Foresight boost?

I've always thought of Foresight launch monitors as the gold standard for accuracy. But lately I've heard about a Foresight "boost" in the readout - particularly for high launch low spin strikes with woods - where the software calculates a carry that is higher than reality. I'll post some...
  17. McLovin

On the course, do you avoid a weakness that you're working to improve?

Let's say your driver is a weakness. So you spend a lot of time practicing driver. It's coming around, but you don't trust it yet. When you're playing a round, do you test your progress and pull the big stick? Or since you don't trust it, do you drop back to a club you're more comfortable...
  18. McLovin

Strange fitting experience, what would you do?

Impending wall of text coming. But the tl;dr is my swing numbers were substantially different and now I'm second-guessing the fitting results. I had a fitting at True Spec Golf in Orlando yesterday for irons, wedges, woods, and hybrids purchased last year when they ran a sale. I had a few...
  19. McLovin

Question re golfer’s elbow

I had an interesting conversation with a massage therapist today about golfer’s elbow. It had me curious: If this is something you have struggled with, which arm is affected and are you right or left handed?
  20. McLovin

Top 3 OEMs

Golf club companies are always vying for the top spot, but “top spot” doesn’t always mean the same thing. Some hang their hats on sales. Others on clubs in play on tour. Others on innovation. It’s interesting to me that the top spots can be somewhat cyclical, like a game of OEM musical chairs...
Back