Search results for query: *

1. ken_h

Deciphering scorecards

I'm creating a website to my help my group manage our members/events/etc and I've run into some questions regarding scorecards I've never really thought of before. Hoping someone(s) can help! Question 1: Take this scorecard for example: It lists the Championship, Black and Gold tees and then...
  2. ken_h

What's with club model names?

What's with club model names? I feel like most club manufacturers picked out a letter or two from the alphabet and decided to roll with it: Cobra: F6 - F9 Ping: G400, G410, G700, I210, I500 Taylormade: M1 - M6 Wilson: C300, D300, D7 Srixon: Z585, Z785 Titleist: T100, T200, T300 I get it from...
  3. ken_h

What's your plan when playing a new course for the first time?

Do you try to scout it beforehand in some way, or would you rather not ruin the 'surprise'? I'll usually check it out via ARCCOS a bit and maybe go to the course website to see if there are any tips. I don't take any notes though so I'm not sure how much it really helps me.
  4. ken_h

Funny player/caddie exchange

I need someone like this caddie in my head every now and then 1060997376092135424
  5. ken_h

Patrick Reed complains about free baseball tickets

I try to give this guy the benefit of the doubt, but come on. 1034972682964611072
  6. ken_h

Wedge setup advice

Hey all, Looking for some advice regarding wedge setup. I recently got a set of Cobra F6 irons which have PW (45º), GW (50º) and SW(55º). I'm used to have a 4 wedge setup, so I feel like I have 3 options here: 1. Playing my wedges as they are and just go with the 3. 2. Order a 52º Cobra PUR...
  7. ken_h

Practice area - how bad are you willing to put up with?

I recently signed up for the 'players club' at a local course which includes 2 buckets a day. Today the range looked like this. I still made do with it, but got me wondering how bad does a place have to be before you guys say screw it. Edit: title should be 'practice area' dammit Sent from my...
  8. ken_h

Hogan Golf - $82 club

I just got an email from Hogan saying all their clubs (irons, wedges and hybrids) are on sale for $82 per club, with a full set going for $577. Even the staff bag is $82! Great deal for anyone that passed on these because of the price earlier. Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  9. ken_h

Swing changes - Physical or Mental?

So I suffer from early extension (standing up on my downswing and losing spine angle). I've been trying to fix it for months without much luck, so in the past few days I've been watching practically every YouTube video I can find on how to fix it. It's funny, they basically come in 2...
  10. ken_h

Checking loft of your clubs

How often do you guys have the loft on your clubs checked? I've never in my life had it done, but looking at my 'smart distances' in Arccos, it looks like I may have an issue with my 5-7 irons..
  11. ken_h

Not psyching yourself out

Playing yesterday I was +8 through 16, with 3 birdies and it dawned on me if I par the next two holes (or better) I would shoot a personal best. The 17th was a par 3, and I tried to just concentrate on the shot at hand and of course, hit my first OB shot of the day ruining my chances. It was...
  12. ken_h

FS - 2 tee times to Twin Oaks (San Diego)

This is a little different, so let me know if not ok, but a while back I purchased a thing for 2 tee times at Twin Oaks from UnderPar.com, which expires Dec 1st. It doesn't look like I'm going to be able to use it if anyone is interested. I bought it for $74, looking to get $50 or something...
  13. ken_h

How/when do you decide you're done with lessons?

I'm coming up on the end of my 2nd package of lessons, and don't feel I'm where I want to be yet, so I'll probably re-up. I don't know if I'll ever feel 'done' though. So how do you decide you're swing is 'good enough' and don't continue with lessons? Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  14. ken_h

Oldest golf keepsake

What is your oldest golf keepsake? I have a ping ball that I found when I was first taking up the game 25ish years ago that I never played because I thought it looked cool, and I've held on to it ever since. Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
  15. ken_h

Left hand low - how long to feel comfortable?

Had a playing lesson with my instructor today which went really well, but the biggest takeaway was that I totally dominate my putting stroke with my right hand, so I'm seriously considering going left hand low to help eliminate it. I played 5 holes or so today with it and it felt completely...
  16. ken_h

GolfTec SwingTRU Motion Study

Since I do lessons at GolfTec I get emails from them for various things, and I thought this was pretty interesting (not trying to shill for them or anything). But they did a study of over 13,000 swings and pinpointed 6 positions in the swing and compiled averages for those 6 positions for...
  17. ken_h

Barona Creek Golf Club Review

I had the opportunity to play Barona Creek this past weekend so I thought I'd try my hand at writing up a review. Pictures Clubhouse Course Practice area Rating: A The driving range is good sized and had 6 or 7 targets at various distances, with a sign at the end of the range...
  18. ken_h

What club is half your driver distance?

Curious if this is pretty consistent or varied.
  19. ken_h

Initiating the downswing

Hey all, So I've been taking lessons at GolfTec for the last 5 months or so, and it's helped a lot. I'm getting a much better turn on the backswing and getting into a better position at the top. For the last couple months I've been working on my weight shift and turning through the downswing...
  20. ken_h

Dashcams

I got one as a Christmas gift and am trying to decide wether or not to keep it. Seems like it could be nice as a CYA in the event of an accident, but that's about it. Does anybody use one, and do you find it useful?
Back