Search results for query: *

1. MontyV

Hello....Again

Ok not my first time here but man has this site grown since. I'm working overseas in Afghanistan now so golf is not really feasable at the moment but they are talking about putting a driving range here. Just thought I would see what's up with the site and read up on all the great reviews to...
  2. MontyV

Severe Back Spasms Playing Golf?

Ok I've been on a hiatus for a while, well I say a while only because the last 6 months or more I've been playing an average of 1-2 rounds of golf a week. A few weeks ago I got back spasms starting the back 9. I persisted to play thinking the beers would soon kick in and numb that puppy up...
  3. MontyV

Custom Head Covers?

I remember reading a post on THP somewhere about a professional having headcovers resembling themselves. Is there a place where I can actually get this done? I was going to give it as a present for my brother.
  4. MontyV

Volunteer At Course For Free Golf?

Anybody else do this? I just found out from a couple guys I met that play at a course near me for free. They volunteer about 8 hours total but spaced throughout the week repairing divots while playing, making sure the right people tee off at the first tee (forgot what these guys were called)...
  5. MontyV

My Scramble Tournament

Course: Champions Club at The Retreat The winning team shot a freakin 52! Is this an unreal score or what? Being my first tournament I know some of you said there would be some cheaters but this is crazy. The course is the toughest in our whole county if not two counties. Our team did end...
  6. MontyV

No More Geocities

Yahoo Quietly Pulls the Plug on Geocities Some of you may not be old enough to remember but I still remember my first days of creating my website on Geocities with scrolling marquees and animated gifs. Its like the little kid in me is a bit sad.
  7. MontyV

Not looking good for Boston...JB where you at ;)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4086325&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines
  8. MontyV

I Want It!

http://www.gizmag.com/pedal-powered-submarine/11479/
  9. MontyV

Scramble Rules?

I'm playing at for a rotary event next Friday and this will be my first organized type of tournament or whatever you call it :) I was told it would be a scramble but I just wanted to brush up on the rules as much as I can before going out. It's a four person scramble and this is my...
  10. MontyV

AT&T Golf Commercial During Masters...I Love IT!

During the Masters is the first time seeing this commercial so bare with me if it has come out before. I couldn't find a link so I'll decribe briefly. It shows a golfer taking shot after shot of horrible shots. Each commenting or hating the game etc... On the last shot he takes is on the...
  11. MontyV

Just found "Show Signature" haha I'm slow

A whole new world of threads has just opened my eyes. A few times someone mentioning signatures suddenly made me realize that nobody had signatures. Digging around I found the checkbox for "Show Signature" and it only took nearly 300 posts before figuring it out...yeah I know I'm slow :D
  12. MontyV

Grandma Stabbed from Sword Fight...what the flip!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,513875,00.html Serious this is crazy nonsense. What are the people thinking.
  13. MontyV

19th hole - Par 3 - 1400ft above the green.

This is freakin crazy. As if golf didn't have enough variables to deal with. Now I gotta worry about birds and planes zipping by as my ball decends. http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/devil_ball_golf/post/Quite-simply-the-most-amazing-golf-hole-on-the-p?urn=golf,152314
  14. MontyV

I'm thinking, no fairway wood?

Those of you that read before I busted my 3 wood. I've since been playing without any fairway woods. I have my Driver then 3 iron and so on. So far I've maybe had 2 times where I really needed it since my huge gap between the 2 clubs Driver/3iron but many times a 3 iron would be sufficient...
  15. MontyV

Sucky Week

No banter, no happy happy joy joy, just depressing in my office this week. We had to lay off some people this week and just yesterday our manager. This sucks.
  16. MontyV

in the mail...New Gloves!!!

no personal pics cuz i'm too excited and too lazy too charge camera. Nike Dri-fit Tours. I can't wait to try them out. I got a really good deal on ebay for 3. Hopefully this will last me the rest of the year.
  17. MontyV

Nike One Vapor or Titleist NXT Tour

Alright I've been using B330's for some time and I want to try a dozen of either the Nike One Vapor or Titleist NXT Tour. I read the THP review on the Nike Vapor already but I thought I would still poke around to see what everyone thinks. Do these balls fall into the same category? If so THP...
  18. MontyV

Anyone own a golf cart?

Sorry don't know if this is OT or golf related. I ran into a guy yesterday at the grocery store that was driving a golf cart to the store. He had two seater rigged with a back seat facing the other way instead of clubs. He also had seat belts he had installed. He said he originally just...
  19. MontyV

Go To Wine To Bring For Dinner?

What is your go to wine whenver you are a dinner guest? This is a local vineyard for us and everyone seems to always love this. San Antonio Winery - Moscato d' Asti I'll also bring a bottle of my favorite Cabernet that I enjoy drinking at the time.
  20. MontyV

NBA Fans?

Didn't see much here. I've been a lakers fan all my life living here in SoCal all my life. I'm also a players fan so I'll follow players that I like also.
Back