Search results for query: *

1. golf4life

Rivers Edge, number 9. How would you play it?

I recently got back from our annual guy's golf trip to Myrtle Beach. This year we played 4 fantastic courses north of Myrtle Beach including Rivers Edge, a tough but amazing Arnold Palmer course. We played the Black tees at 6440 yards with a rating of 134. Their signature hole is the Par 5...
  2. golf4life

The MarTini Golf Tee

About 3 weeks ago I had a nice conversation with an old codger on the driving range. After giving him a bunch of distance numbers with my range finder, he insisted on giving me one of his golf tees, the Martini and told me to thank him later. Well, next time I see him I'll be thanking him...
  3. golf4life

Miami / Ft. Lauderdale golf morning of Dec. 2?

Hey all, I'm going to be in Miami for work on Monday, but have Tuesday morning open if any locals are interested in a round. I'm flying out of Ft. Lauderdale at 2pm, so it would have to be a pretty early round. Cheers!
  4. golf4life

Hawaii Golf, the Big Island

We just got home from a wonderful 2 week vacation in Hawaii on the big island. I was able to get out and play 5 rounds of golf (thank you wifey) at 5 different courses. Lets just say I'm now spoiled for the relatively flat, non descriptive east coast courses I usually play. In this post I'm...
  5. golf4life

GIRs determine scoring average?

I recently found this article http://probablegolfinstruction.com/golf-scoring-statistics.htm And some stats guy came up with the following formula to determine a players scoring average: 95.1 - (2 * GIR avg. per 18 holes) I plugged my last 20 round numbers in: 95.1 - (2 * 7.6) = 79.9, my...
  6. golf4life

Pacific Northwest golf at its finest!

Saturday I left for a business/vacation trip to the Vancouver area. Wed-Friday I'm in meetings in downtown Vancouver, but until then I'm with family and played golf at Sandpiper in Harrison, BC (Fraser Valley). http://www.sandpipergolfclub.com/ For someone stuck out east most of the time, I...
  7. golf4life

gol4flife's golftec journey

So, winter is here and regular course time is minimal now to say the least. BUT that does not mean I will let my game rot until spring. I'm embarking on a journey of regular lessons and practice through my local golftec location. This isn't my first go around with these guys. I first got a set...
  8. golf4life

Looking for a driver for my wife for Christmas!

Hey all, I thought I'd post this up here and get some informed opinions! My wife is a beginner type golfer, and I'm trying to get her hooked for good :angel: She has a pretty crummy starter set, and the driver is the worst of the clubs in her bag in my opinion. I'd love to get her a sweet...
  9. golf4life

My son the comic

For the past few years, my 9 year old son has started to create his own comic strips. He is pretty creative and the strips are pretty entertaining. Well, lately his humor is getting a little bit darker, and to me, funnier. Here is one he wrote this week. It actually cracked me up, and I...
  10. golf4life

How to fix the 5 dumbest rules in golf

Found this article on Golf.com that I thought was interesting. http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,2024900,00.html?eref=sihp Basically, I agree with everying Peter wrote in regards to making the game more enjoyable, specifically for us amateur players. I especially like the...
  11. golf4life

To reshaft or buy new...

Hey all, I could use some advice from those of you who have some experience with cutomized shafts and the cost of that process, versus just buying new sticks. To summarize my situation, I have a set of TM R7 irons that I really do like, treat me reasonably well and I am comfortable with. This...
  12. golf4life

Checkin in from Jersey

Hey all, Stumbled across this site recently looking for a review for some product, probably the TM Penta ball review, and now I'm hooked. Love all the information and other people as hooked on this game as I am. Live in South Jersey near Philadelphia, transplanted from Canada. Been playing...
Back