Search results for query: *

1. A

On course adjustments, what do you do when your swing doesn’t show up?

This is it for me as well. When I’m smart, I focus on shortening my backswing. I try to play everything with what feels like a 1/2 swing, but is probably more like 3/4. When my swing gets longer, things go very poorly. Unfortunately I somehow don’t always remember/realize that. On those days I...
  2. A

What Is Your Preferred Shot Shape With The Driver?

I’ve never tried to do anything other than hit the ball straight. For years, that meant my good shots were straight, acceptable ones faded some, and my bad ones sliced off the face of the planet. In the last year or so, with no effort or intentionality, I’ve started hitting a draw. The upside...
  3. A

How far do you hit your 7i?

Not a clue. Today I hit 7 iron from the fairway at a center of the green hole 145 yards away and ended up 20 yards behind the green. That one probably went 180 with zero roll out (it hit on an upslope). Then I hit it on a 145 yard par 3 and ended up 10 yards short. I usually grab the 7 if I’m...
  4. A

Your most recent blow up hole(s)?

I had two of them today. The first was on a par four. I topped two in the water off the tee. Five was good. Six was over the green. Seven on, and two putts for a nine. The other was a par 5. My tee shot was good. Second in the water. Fourth in the water. Six over the water, seven long, eight...
  5. A

Trying to Break 100

Checking back in here for the first time in a long time. I got out for a round today for the first time since March, and I haven’t touched a club in that time. I expected a total disaster, and walked out with a 98. The good: Only four holes worse than bogey 33% GIR The bad: A nine on the...
  6. A

The Evolution Cart Thread

We just put a deposit down on one of these. It’s a Classic 4+ with off-road tires added. I originally was pretty dead set on one of the big three, but after looking at several places we just couldn’t find one we liked…at least not at a price we were willing to pay. What really sold us on the...
  7. A

Your Last Chip In?

Mine was 7/24/2021. It was for birdie on 18 and my (at the time) PB.
  8. A

Would you play a round with these cards?

I think that’s be a ton of fun. Unfortunately the guys I usually play with don’t care too much for tricking things up.
  9. A

Your Miss Off the Tee?

I’ve been doing pretty well from the tee lately. My misses are more or less divided evenly among a HARD slice (my historical issue), a “where’s that come from” hook (I rarely hit the ball to the left), and a horrible top. Fortunately, for the last six months or so I’ve kept it to about one of...
  10. A

What would you rather have - no 3 putts or no penalty strokes?

I have no idea what it’s like to be a “typical 10 handicap player”. I’ve never even sniffed that. I do know that I won’t EVER sniff that if I don’t get the 3 putts under control. 5-7 per round is the norm for me.
  11. A

Your Last Chip In?

Mine was almost a year ago…July 24, 2021 to be exact. I shot a then PB 94 and chipped in on 18 for my second birdie of the day.
  12. A

Would you try to drive this green?

I’d take a crack at it. Once in a blue moon I’ll hit one that far, but I’d probably end up in the bunker. Even if I layup there’s a good chance I’d put my second shot in the bunker…I’d rather be hitting two from the sand than three.
  13. A

What is your least favourite course feature?

Water. If it’s there I’m gonna hot into it. The only way for me to draw/hook a ball is to put water on the left.
  14. A

If you were magically gifted perfection for one club in your bag which would you choose?

That’s my answer. For me it would be my gap wedge. Putter would be good for many, but I never seem to aim that one to the right place anyway, so I’m not sure I’d benefit.
  15. A

Hardest style of hole for you to score well on?

Any hole with water. If it’s there, I’m gonna find it.
  16. A

The part of your game you are currently most frustrated with? And why?

For me it’s 100 yards and in. Basically anything that requires less than a full swing, plus putting. I’m doing really getting near the green in regulation, but I have a heck of a time from there. Chunks and blades are pretty common on pitch shots, and I have no idea how hard to hit chips and...
  17. A

Trying to Break 100

It definitely has been a while. When answering a question in another thread I figured out that yesterday was only my second round of the year. I haven’t been intentionally laying off or anything…just a ton going on lately. Tying my PB definitely has me wanting to get back out there though.
  18. A

How many rounds in a row can you birdie at least one hole?

I’m currently sitting at one. I birdied 17 yesterday thanks to a long putt. It was my first birdie of the year. Of course, it was also only my second round of the year. I can’t believe I haven’t played more than that.
  19. A

Whats the fastest you could play a *legitimate* round of golf?

I’ve only encountered that once, and I played the round right at two hours without hurting any more than I usually do (I’m kind of always in a hurry). I honestly doubt I could do it much quicker even if I stepped on the gas. If I tried to hurry more I’d probably make more mistakes that would...
Back