Search results for query: *

1. A

WTB WTB: Srixon Tool

Today I bought a Srixon Z785 demo club that didn’t come with the torque wrench for the head. Of course it’s different than the Cobra one I have. Anybody got a Srixon wrench they don’t need anymore?
  2. A

WTB VKTR or VKTR+ Hybrid

I'm looking for a Ben Hogan VKTR or VKTR+ hybrid with a stiff shaft. 18, 29, 22, or 23 degree preferred. Anybody got one?
  3. A

What’s your nightmare range condition?

The last six months or so have seen me going to the range more than I ever have. Taking lessons has given me some idea of how to practice, which is something I’ve historically struggled with. Unfortunately, most of the ranges around me seem to always have some kind of adverse condition that...
  4. A

Fitting on a bad day?

I’ll be brief with the background. I’ve been playing for close to a decade and am still terrible. Breaking 100 is a great day for me. I’ve recently been taking lessons, which have been helpful. My instructor has also confirmed what I’ve always really known, which is that off the rack clubs...
  5. A

WTB WTB: Cobra F7 One Length sand wedge

I’m on the prowl for one of these. Anybody have one they’re interested in parting with?
  6. A

What’s the weirdest thing about your bag?

One of the cool things about golf to me is that there are almost endless equipment combinations one can play. I’d imagine that most bags are failRly conventional, but I also bet with the number of people here there are some pretty strange things going on in the bags of some members. Maybe you...
  7. A

WTB Wanted: Cleveland Smart Square putter

I had one of these once upon a time and foolishly got rid of it after one bad putting round. I’d like to acquire another. I’d prefer the more mallet looking TFi version, but I’m not that particular. I’m looking for at least a 35”...the longer the better. Anybody got one lying around collecting...
  8. A

Lessons without practice

The “Are you a golfer or do you play golf” thread got me to thinking about it would take for me to be a “golfer”. By the definition in that thread (which I think is a pretty good one), that would be a person with fitted clubs (I’m not sure that part is absolutely necessary) who actively tries to...
  9. A

Weird reasons you stopped playing a particular course.

Have you ever sworn off a course for a strange reason? I ask because I think I'm about to do just that. The course I played today is one I've played quite a few times, and I'. Always annoyed by the same thing. They have the in-cart GPS screens, which is great. Unfortunately they have a very...
  10. A

Myth Busted?

I'm a fan of the work done over at fivethirtyeight.com. For those not familiar it is a site run by Nate Silver. He and the staff analyze everything from sports to entertainment to politics with a numbers based approach. They took a look at the "drive for show, putt for dough" premise, and came...
  11. A

What makes majors "Major"?

I've only taken up golf in the last few years, and don't watch a lot of PGA. Since I've been learning about the game I've wondered why certain tournaments are designated as "majors". Is there even anything from the PGA officially declaring these tournaments as majors? Is there something more...
  12. A

WTT: Speedblade HL Irons (4-AW)

I have a set of Speedblade HL irons (4-AW) I'm looking to trade. They are in good shape, and have wear consistent with the 25ish rounds I've played with them. They are all standard length, lie, and loft, and have the factory uniflex steel shafts in them. The factory grips are still in good...
  13. A

Can't hit off a tee

I've recently discovered yet another deficiency in my golf game. I can't hit off a tee. I've always fought a slice, but have recently figured out how to (mostly) eliminate it. Unfortunately it always rears its ugly head when I hit off a tee. Whether I'm using an iron, hybrid, or fairway wood...
  14. A

Burger King Fitting--Have it Your Way

I've been through a fitting before, but it was at a time when I had no business getting it done. It was when I'd played about 5 rounds total with a knock-off set of clubs that cost me $189 for putter through driver (including the bag). I had been to no lessons, and hadn't the slightest clue as...
  15. A

Stadium Links

I got tipped off about this on Twitter. They did something similar at Petco Park in San Diego last year. They basically turn a major league ballpark into a temporary nine hole course during the offseason. I love baseball and try to love golf, so this is match made in heaven for me. I got a tee...
  16. A

New Costco offering

Cruising through Costco today I saw a new ball they had for sale. It's a Callaway Hex Soft. $29.99 for two dozen. I was tempted, but I just bought two dozen of the previous ones they had, the Hex Control. Those ought to last me a few rounds, then I'll be trying the Hex Soft. If somebody...
  17. A

Everything you've wanted to know about golf but were afraid to ask.

I've only been golfing for a couple of years, so there are things (aside from how to get better) that I'm still learning about the game. I'm also a guy that doesn't like to admit when I don't know what the heck someone is talking about. It took me quite a few rounds to figure out what "green in...
  18. A

When does the ball matter?

I'm a pretty high handicap (29). I've always played relatively cheap balls. I've gone with various Noodle offerings, Wilson Elite 50, and Nike PD Soft. I once sprung for some Callaway Supersoft. I've never spent more than $15 on a dozen balls (the Supersofts were on sale). My question is, at...
  19. A

Beauty is only skin deep

I think all of us have, at one time or another, fallen in love with the looks of a club. Whether it be a driver, wedge, or set of irons, some equipment just looks good to certain people. Sometimes that initial attraction is validated by good results when you get to swing the club, and sometimes...
  20. A

Just finished my first golf weekend

I just got back from my first ever golf (and other stuff) weekend with a group of buddies. Six of us played four rounds in two days, which is by far the most golf I've ever played in one weekend. Previously I'd only ever played two rounds in two days, and had only done that once. We didn't go...
Back