Search results for query: *

1. dthrog00

Help Me Gap Top End of Bag

I've recently been optimizing the top of my bag and have found a 3 hybrid that is much better than the club it replaced and a 5 hybrid that is much more consistent than any 5 iron I have hit. My driver swing speed is about 88 mph. Thoughts: I like the irons (G15 6i-LW) and do not plan to...
  2. dthrog00

One time iron set reshaft tools needed

I think the Dynamic Golds I have in my irons may be too heavy and I'd benefit from using graphite. I'd plan to reshaft 4-GW and a 56* wedge that I have. Reputable shops around me cost $20/club for the service and once you add shafts + grips I would be better off buying new clubs as my irons...
  3. dthrog00

Strokes Gained - Using the Data?

I've kept strokes gained stats for my last 5 rounds using Broadie's table 5-2. Who here has used the Strokes Gained methodology to improve their golf? Can someone who has successfully used the program help me use the data below to identify how to best improve? Totals by club type: Row...
  4. dthrog00

FS: Callaway Steelhead XR Irons 5-AW

I'll selling Callaway Steelhead XR irons 5-AW that I purchased new on Black Friday 11/29/2019. The set is standard L/L/L with KBS Tour 90 shafts in regular flex. I've only had these irons for 11 days as of posting time and their condition shows it. The faces look near brand new. The soles...
  5. dthrog00

FS: Titleist 718 AP1 6-GW (48)

I'm selling my Titleist 718 AP1 irons 6-GW (48) that I purchased in September of last year. The irons are in good shape with some light sole scratching and face scratching. See photos as examples, I would describe them as being between closer to "excellent" than "very good" using the Global...
  6. dthrog00

FS: Maltby TE Irons 4-GW

I'm selling my Maltby TE irons 4-GW that I purchased in June of this year. The irons are lightly used with very light sole wear and some face scratching. I'm selling them because I am a 18-19 handicap golfer and need more forgiveness than these offer. The shafts are the True Temper Score LT...
  7. dthrog00

Maltby TE Forged Irons

Some golfers on the forum are aware of Maltby and many are not. Popeye is the resident expert and has posted many times with various club types and others game the Maltby irons/wedges also. I wanted to post some thoughts on the TE forged irons. I've primarily been gaming the Ping G15s ever...
  8. dthrog00

G25 New Stock 2018

Did you anyone else buy any of the new G25 clubs that were brought back out new this year? They brought back the G25 woods/hybrids with the PWR shaft family from the i series of years past (i25?) and irons that I don't think are different from what was out in years past. My game is off to a...
  9. dthrog00

Fried Eggs Golf "Something's Gotta Give"

It sounds like Randy at Fried Eggs Golf is ramping down the YouTube channel. He said he isn't seeing this as the end of it, but can no longer put the time and effort into it that he had been. Does anyone enjoy the channel? I really like it. Most of the videos are very funny. If interested...
  10. dthrog00

dthrog00 WITB

My bag is all set for 2018. I went into 2017 having never broken the 50 barrier for 9 holes and ended with a 18.0/8.6N calculated handicap. My best rounds were 85 and 86 for 18 holes and 39 and 40 for 9 holes. My goal for next year is to: #1 Have as much fun as possible, #2 Try to break 90...
  11. dthrog00

Pelz Wedge Setup

Does anyone use the Dave Pelz approach to wedges? Recently I've observed that after buying 718 AP1 irons that with the cranked lofts my *54, *58 wedge setup appeared to have too big of gaps. I watched the Dave Pelz appearance on School of Golf a while back and he said that his 10:30 backswing...
  12. dthrog00

Faldo Preset Drill

Does anyone use the Faldo preset drill? Any thoughts or comments on it? I'm going to try it tomorrow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKHCGNT-hPw Dave
  13. dthrog00

True Temper AMT Red, Black, Tour White

Has anyone who hit the various new True Temper shafts AMG Red, AMT Black, AMT Tour White have any thoughts about how the shafts are playing? Is Tour White very similar to Dynamic Gold AMT and rebadged for the Titleist 718 releases? Regards Dave
  14. dthrog00

Custom Clubs Return for Playability?

I've become a much better golfer this year and recently become interested in Ping i series irons as an improvement over my G15s. I decided to buy a 5 iron of the i e1 series to play with. I used it for a couple weeks and thought I was hitting it well enough to buy a set so I bought 6 iron...
  15. dthrog00

Bad Putting - Need More Toe Hang?

My putting is god awful. I've averaged 37.2 putts / 18 holes over my last 11 rounds. I've tried to practice more too, but it doesn't seem to help that much at the course. I have a fairly upright stance basically per the Seemore guide and have my eyes well inside the ball. When I used to...
  16. dthrog00

2017 Bag Frozen / No Changes?

The recent new vs old thread made me realize I've changed every single club in my bag when comparing 3/26/2016 to 3/26/2017. Also I've been making my way through my golf ball backlog in a seemingly random pattern so the ball is not consistent either. The constant change in equipment and golf...
  17. dthrog00

Fly -Z Driver Experiment 3W Shaft

I've picked up some various shafts with the MyFly8 adapter for my Fly-Z driver and the one I seem to like the best is the standard shaft from the FlyZ+ the VLCT ST. I decided to take a flyer on the VLCT ST 3 wood shaft version. I picked up one with what I think is standard length and 75g in R...
  18. dthrog00

Top Flite Gamer (DSG Version)

Is anyone playing the 2014/2016 version of the Top Flite Gamer? I know this was a popular ball in Callaway's ownership, but haven't read much about it since DSG took it over. I decided given my skill level that I probably shouldn't be playing an expensive ball, but really wanted to use a...
Back