Search results for query: *

1. ripper

Golftec Problem

Hey guys I thought I would ask you all for some advice. My brother went for a $99 lesson. After the lesson he was told about various pacakges and given some brochures. He really wants to get better, but money is tight, and lessons are expensive. After a lot of thinking, he decided on a $750...
  2. ripper

Nike Storm Fit

I am looking to gear up for rainy season and am looking at the gear out there. I was wondering if anyone has tried Nike Storm Fit rain gear and what their thoughts are. Also, is it a significant improvement over Clima Fit? It is pricier but I am not sure what the difference is.
  3. ripper

Nike Rain Shoes

I hope this thread doesnt exist, I searched buy couldnt find anything. Anyway, I have played a few rounds in the rain lately and ruined one pair of shoes and another pair are on the brink. I am looking into getting a good pair of rain shoes, I have my eye on the Nike Bandons, but would love...
  4. ripper

My Outing Training Thread

The 2012 Outing has really motivated me to pick my game up and get ready. I thought I would start a thread so I could share with you guys what I am doing to prepare, to hear any suggestions you might have and to track my progress. Right now my handicap is about 26 but dropping. I have done...
  5. ripper

Stolen Ipod Need Advice

Hey guys I have a weird situation. Some jerk stole my Ipod Touch a couple days ago, I think a valet, but they deny it. So I used the Icloud page, put a password lock, wipe and everything else. It says it can do this when it connects. Then I get home from work just now, check my MacBook and...
  6. ripper

MacBook, Apple TV etc.

So, in the latest installment of "ripper knows nothing about technology" I have a question for you guys who do. I am very interested in Apple TV and that got me interested in a Mac Book. I love the idea that since I live in another country right now, I can use Facetime to call my folks and...
  7. ripper

Do I need a wireless router?

I have a question: I have seen a couple threads on here discussing which is the best router. My question is, do I need one? I run two laptops and Xbox Live and well, an Ipod off the internet and thats about it. I am not sure if I need a router or what would be the benefit of having one. Can...
  8. ripper

Henry, a future THPer

I havent connected much in the last week, mainly because something big has been going on in my life. I am proud to announce the birth of my first child, Henry. It was a long, very long, and stressful day but everyone is resting nicely now. I hope to get some pics up soon and introduce him to...
  9. ripper

Get Well Jorge44

Today my father, George (jorge44), is undergoing gall bladder surgery and I would ask everyone to send some good vibes his way. It seems like it is not a huge surgery and he should be released the same day, but any kind of surgery is always a big deal. I hope this will relieve a lot of the...
  10. ripper

Ford Sync System

Yesterday I bought a Fusion with the Microsoft Sync System and I am wondering if anyone else is using the Sync and what your thoughts are. Any good tips or tricks? The user manual is about 85 pages so its going to take me a while to get through it, but so far it looks like a fun gadget.
  11. ripper

The Tiger Woods Fan Thread

Taking an idea from a fellow member, I think we need a thread where Tiger and Tiger related news can be discussed without the "haters" chiming in. I personally would like a place to have an intelligent Tiger conversation that is not immediately reduced to jokes and disparaging statements. I...
  12. ripper

Iron vs Wood/Hybrid Swing

Hi Andy, Maybe you can help me, my problem is that for the life of me I cannot get my irons and wood/hybrids going at the same time. If I take a lesson and get my wood going well, I lose the feel for the irons. The opposite is true when I get my irons working nicely. Maybe its all in my...
  13. ripper

Cloud Storage

Hey guys, I am wondering what cloud storage service you would recommend? I really just want to have remote access to files, back things up and have some specific folders designated to my family to view pictures. I am leaning towards dropbox based on reviews.
  14. ripper

Please cross your fingers

So.. I am really pumped up because I am playing in my first ever tournament this weekend. Its at a course 3 hours outside of Mexico City, so I brought my SUV in today for maintenance just to make sure everything is running the way it should. The first thing they always tell you is to remove...
  15. ripper

Choi to give $200,000 to tornado relief

I saw this online and thought it was pretty cool that he is doing this for a lot of people that could use the extra help right now. PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — K.J. Choi is giving $200,000 from his win at The Players Championship to help victims of the tornados that ravaged the southeastern...
  16. ripper

Ripper is getting married!!!

Hey guys, I want to share with all my friends here that I will be getting married next week. I am really pumped up and excited and looking forward to it. I have been with my finacee for almost 5 years and she is the best. We decided to get married in Las Vegas because its more or less...
  17. ripper

Pelz/Mickelson Putting Tutor

I am wondering if anyone has used this and can offer some feedback. I am interested just because I am going through the Secrets of the Short Game DVD set right now and obviously it is being heavily promoted.
  18. ripper

Flag Stick Etiquette

I hope you guys can help me out. I picked up golf since moving down to Mexico, and down here every course is caddie mandatory. So, the caddie takes care of removing and holding and replacing the flag stick on every hole. When I travel stateside, we almost never use a caddie and I found that I...
  19. ripper

Aventura Florida

I am looking at a possible relocation later next year due to work and they want me near Miami. I have stayed in Aventura a few times and found it to be pretty quiet, which is what I want. Anyone from around there? Any other ideas? I really want to avoid being in Miami, I just need to be...
  20. ripper

Ladies Golf Gear on Ebay?

I am wondering if anyone knows of a great seller on Ebay. I know of a few where I buy a lot of my clothes but dont know of any for ladies items..
Back