Search results for query: *

1. Big SoIL

Been too long!!!

Sorry about the hiatus THP, life has gotten in the way for quite some time, but the time to jump back in has finally come. Work has been hectic and my wife has had a debilitating back injury nagging her for quite some time. It finally got to the point where I was pulling double duty at home and...
  2. Big SoIL

When do move on from gear?

We’ve all ended up with gear in our bags that just doesn’t end up jiving with us for whatever reason. Maybe we guessed at what would fit us and it didn’t or it just didn’t have the same magic on the course it did in a fitting. Whether it’s because of the cost of equipment or for sentimental...
  3. Big SoIL

Srixon F85 giveaway time!!!

I’ve been fortunate enough in the last year to receive not 1, but 2 Srixon F85 15* 3W’s. So it’s time to give one away. Open to all Albatross Club members, all you have do is share or repost one of Srixon golfs latest social media post. Leave your social media handle here so I can confirm and...
  4. Big SoIL

Modern Golf Ball and Shot Shapes Preference

I was watching some coverage of the golf tournament today and they were talking about how the modern golf ball was so low spinning. They thought that’s the reason so many players are now choosing to play the fade instead of the draw. What do you all think? Is the modern golf ball the biggest...
  5. Big SoIL

Fun YouTube Golf Ball Test at 500 mph. Pretty Entertaining!

https://youtu.be/JT0wx27J9xs I found it pretty entertaining, hope you all do too. Pretty amazing what a golf ball will hold up to! Thought it would make for some fun discussion. Thoughts anyone?
  6. Big SoIL

Effects of temperature and elevation in golf

What say you THP? What are the effects of temperatures and elevation in terms of distance that you’ve found? I did a search but couldn’t really find a dedicated thread so I figured I’d start one up. I assume I’ll see more distance, but just curious if there’s any formulas for each. The reason I...
  7. Big SoIL

Unofficial Distance Event with Srixon Contest!

So some of the participants have gotten together (all are welcome to join in, so PM me if interested in joining) and we’re gonna throw together a little contest. It will be open to all THP Albatross Club members, which can be joined in the following link...
  8. Big SoIL

FS Woods, shafts, and a 4i

Cobra F8+ driver with US Open Proforce V2 7F5 shaft or an Attas Coool 8X: F8/V2- $185 F8/Coool- $245 Will separate F8+ and shafts. UST Mamiya US Open edition Proforce V2 7F5- $75 SOLD! UST Mamiya Attas Coool 8X- $125 ***$100*** ***Combo price...
  9. Big SoIL

FS 718 AP1/2 Combo set

Combo set of AP1 4/5i AP2 6-PW standard length and lie, the AP1 lofts have been weakened to AP2 lofts. The PW is showing the beginning signs of browning as it’s been used the most, have a closeup of the face but you can’t see it very well in the pic. Irons have typical wear from a season and a...
  10. Big SoIL

FS: Cobra King Pro CB 3-6i MB 7-PW

Up for sale is a set of the previous gen Cobra King Pro CB/MB iron set, 3-PW for 8 total irons. The 5i and 8i both have a small knick on the leading edges, but shouldn’t effect playability whatsoever. There’s also a couple ferrules that are creeping up a bit, but shouldn’t be hard to get back in...
  11. Big SoIL

Which event do you want to attend the most in 2019?

Assuming everything from 2018 comes back in 2019 hypothetically, what do you want to attend the most? I think we can exclude the Grandaddy from this, it’s the Grandaddy of them all for a reason. Lots of other event to choose from still, so what event are you clearing your schedule for? Or an...
  12. Big SoIL

Nike Golf Tour Premiere Golf Shoe Review

I haven’t seen anything about these on THP and I had picked up a pair a while back so I thought I’d post some thoughts, so far I love them! They are ridiculously comfortable and I think it’s a great clean looking shoe, I have the white/black colorway and I haven’t seen a color I don’t like...
  13. Big SoIL

Alignment- straight, open, or closed to target?

This is something I’ve been tinkering with a little bit lately while trying to shape shots and I started paying more attention to how other people set up to their target. So how do you all set up and what is your stock shot shape?
  14. Big SoIL

Titleist AVX Golf Ball Review Thread (Thanks THP and Budget Golf!)

As part of the THP Championship this year every team has been asked to review a product. As part of Team Dirty Hogies I feel we were pretty fortunate in getting our name drawn to review the new widely released Titleist AVX golf ball. Thanks again THP and Budget Golf!!! Here’s a little...
  15. Big SoIL

What is your sweet spot? (For irons)

With all the different iron profiles out there and so many choices for aesthetics, spin, and forgiveness. What draws you to the irons you enjoy playing the most? I'll go with players irons with mass behind the ball for a couple different reasons. I love the looks of them at address, in the...
  16. Big SoIL

Winter Sell Off-Odyssey 777, Scotty, DJ Spider, and more.

All prices are shipped to the 48. Everything is sold but the 777! Let's get this a new home. Odyssey 777 35" SB version. Very good condition, very small mark on one wing(3rd pic, middle outside). Hardly ever gamed. Comes with 777 headcover and weight kit. $325 Scotty Fastback Select...
  17. Big SoIL

Do you take practice putting strokes?

Like the title says, do you? Just wondering how many do and do not. I do not, it's something I've tried to incorporate numerous times over the years that has never worked out. It just seems to completely throws off my distance control. So I just get my read on the putt, get over the ball, and...
  18. Big SoIL

Putter sale and a wedge

PRICE DROPS IN LAST POST!!! Selling these items to fund a Toulon purchase, so that's really the only trade interest I've got. Specifically a Toulon Austin. Sold!!! First up is an Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank, I used it for a couple months this Spring, it just didn't fit me well. Price $160 All...
  19. Big SoIL

2017 Gauntlet Champions Callaway Customs wedges from Team 99 Malort

Got mine yesterday and I've been waiting for my teammates to receive theirs or at least a pic of one of them. Callaway Customs did a fantastic job with two of them, the other got the tour treatment and came out really special. I'll let the other guys speak on their own though. Thoughts on...
  20. Big SoIL

How many 3-putts would you have at Augusta? What's your score?

Watching some of the best golfers in the world struggle on the greens at Augusta the first 2 days has me wondering how many times I would 3-putt? I'm thinking it wouldn't be a stretch for a mere mortal to 3-putt on almost half the holes in the conditions and pin placements they've played in the...
Back