Search results for query: *

1. Snap Hook

Shaq Retired this morning....

I was a Laker Hater (Northern Cal Boy) but you can't deny he was a top 5 center. Plus you can't deny he had the best press conference/interactions with the media ever. The best part was: "I have star-ed in critically acclaimed movies such as Kazam"
  2. Snap Hook

Tom Watson in Sports Illustrated

Good article about Tom Watson in this weeks Sports Illustrated. http://joeposnanski.si.com/2011/05/29/the-two-lives-of-tom-watson/ Tom Watson is one of the greatest golfers who ever lived. That’s a given. He won eight major championships — only five legendary golfers (Nicklaus, Woods, Hagen...
  3. Snap Hook

Even Tour Pro's can have a bad hole.

Just ask Rory. Sorry that was too easy. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/golf/2011-04-14-2128127265_x.htm SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Kevin Na will remember the ninth hole at the Texas Open for a long time. The South Korean set a new low on Thursday for the worst par-4 hole in the U.S. PGA Tour record...
  4. Snap Hook

American Golfers, Where have they gone?

So a guy on sportscenter said something this morning that got me thinking about American Pro Golfers. 1. Currently all 4 major titles are currently being held by a non-American. 2. Of the past 20 Majors played, International Players have won 12 against the 8 titles won by Americans. That seems...
  5. Snap Hook

Greatest Masters Moments

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/rank?versionId=1&listId=970 Espn's running a survey for the top 25 greatest moments in Master's history. Fun little survey. Crenshaw winning in 95 just a week after his mentor (harvey Penick) passed away is my personal favorite.
  6. Snap Hook

Coming here? Play Here

Had an idea for a thread, please move if done before but I couldn't find one. Almost everyday someone writes a great little post about a course seemingly tucked away from the rest of the world that can't be found unless the Sun and moon is in the right position. And I'll also see the usual, I'm...
  7. Snap Hook

Saw a good putting training tip on Golf Channel

Just got home and turned on the TV. Some British guy named Martin is on right now giving putting tips. (I say some British guy, so knowing my luck he's extremely well known) Overall I like his philosophy and I'm really intrigued by a putting training tip he suggested: He suggest going out and...
  8. Snap Hook

Dustin Johnson Failed Sobriety Test

Bout two years ago Dustin Johnson got pulled over and he failed a sobriety test. He's already handled his punishment and did the obligatory apology. I"m not bringing this up to spark a debate or anything about Sports players as role models. No, my intentions are far more humorous and friendly...
  9. Snap Hook

Massuese on the Golf Course?

Watching the Northern Trust and Mccord and Feherty just brought up an intersting question regarding Freddie's Back problems. This was all from Mccord: I know you're allowed to have more than one caddie if you wanted. You're allowed to receive treatment on the course. So how come freddie doesn't...
  10. Snap Hook

Cool head covers or any other accesories?

So I reached that point in the season where I can't justify buying anything new for golf. Of course I mean big purchases, new irons? new driver all that's gonna have to wait till next year. So why do I find myself spending all my free time surfing the internet/ ebay for something golf related to...
  11. Snap Hook

"stinger" drive?

This new league I'm playing in has us playing closer tees than I'm used to. I'ld normally hit 3w but I tend to hit the 3w really high. It's really windy today and ive already hit a couple of great 3w only to see the wind take it forever. I know tigers got a shot with his driver when he wants...
  12. Snap Hook

Short Putts aka Knee Knockers

First let me state if the yips was in the dictionary you'ld find a picture of me. I wanted to talk about my problems with 3-8 footers with some break. Latley a buddy of mine has been telling me to be more firm with the short putts and I have seen much improvements in those putts. They say...
  13. Snap Hook

Dont' Mess with Forums. Story about angry Car Forum

http://jalopnik.com/5713816/how-an-aussie-forum-war-ended-in-a-police-visit Interesting story about an Australian Car Forum. It involves what seems like a know it all member who happens to be the president of a car chip company who un-wisely draws the wrath and anger of the rest of the forum...
  14. Snap Hook

Happy Ninja Day!

http://www.dayoftheninja.com/index2.html http://www.google.com/search?q=ninja+day&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=&oe= So apparently today is officially the day of the Ninja. I'm not quite sure what that means, but I'm assuming it's like talk like a pirate day which we all...
  15. Snap Hook

Thanksgiving Plans?

Who doing what? Who's going where? Anybody got any special Traditions? I'm heading to Northern California to be with my family and a couple of Aunts and Uncles. The night before, my younger brother and I brine the Turkey and we make a giant pot of Ciopinno (italian Seafood Stew) for dinner. The...
  16. Snap Hook

So apparently its legal to sue a 4 year old......

Just came across this story. http://deadspin.com/5677218/judge-rules-in-death+by+training+wheels-case A 4 year old can be "negligent" on her bicycle with TRAINING WHEELS ATTACHED. I don't know about you, but if I see anything with training wheels on it, I steer clear of it.
  17. Snap Hook

Where is everyone?!?! Things to do when bored?

I know where they are. Lucky b@stards in Florida right now. Well atleast this means JB's gone and the mice will play I suppose? sh@t f@ck poop, :angel: man, no golf on tv, no golf being talked about on THP, my teams are losing (football) , today sucks. Man I'm going crazy here. Anyone do...
  18. Snap Hook

Rules Question. Is the Goose in play?

So yesterday some friends and I played Silverstone golf club and we came across an odd incident that we didn't know what the correct ruling was. The 18th hole is a long par 5 with water running the whole way along the left side. After driver,3w, me and a buddy both found ourselves about 30 yds...
  19. Snap Hook

Fight at the US Open

Did anyone else see the fight at the US open yesterday? (tennis) I tried to attach a youtube link but the video is being yanked left and right. Go onto youtube and type in Us Open Fight. Hopefully you can catch it before it comepletly gets yanked. From various sites it seems like the incident...
  20. Snap Hook

My Odyssey GHOST putter?

I've been meaning to post this story for a long time now. Last night I finally got off my lazy butt to snap 2 quick photos with my iphone. About two years ago, (maybe more like 18 months) I bought a odyssey white hot xg #9 and played it for maybe a month. After I chopped it down to 33" the...
Back