Search results for query: *

1. the_paulo

WGC HSBC Champions [spoilers]

No chat about this one as yet. Very strong field, just maybe a couple of notable exceptions. :blob: Louis seems to be kicking into gear through rounds one and two, a nice little 5 shot lead is not to be sneezed at, given the quality of the chasing pack. As to the big Race To Dubai finish...
  2. the_paulo

Win a year's supply of Bridgestone balls (UK)

https://golfmonthly.ipcmediasecure.com/secure/competitions/60175/win-a-year-s-supply-of-bridgestone-premium-golf-balls.html?utm_campaign=bridgestone%252520balls%252520comp&utm_source=cheetahmail&utm_medium=newsletter Competition from Golf Monthly. Good luck!
  3. the_paulo

Had a bad day? Watch the pros do it too.

Just to cheer us up a little after a bad round. Here's a short video showing us that the pros can match us shot for shot, sometimes. Always nice to know you're not alone out there.
  4. the_paulo

KLM Open [spoilers]

Euro tour moves to The Netherlands this week, to Hilverschume GC, for the KLM Open. Always remember thinking that this course looks tight and more similar to my home course than most of the tour stops. A few greens surrounded by trees, that sort of thing. Nice course. Good to see some of...
  5. the_paulo

So I'm off to get married...

So I might not be about much for a little while. I'm setting off in about 6 hours for the other side of the country (not that scary when you live in Scotland), to get married at this little coastal town called St Andrews. You might have heard of it. Getting married on Saturday in a church...
  6. the_paulo

Royal & Awesome clothing

Just came across this UK based company when I clicked a link from an online retailer earlier. Now, I'd REALLY like One-T to review some of this stuff. I figure that any pair of trousers that comes with a free bottle opener can't be bad, right? right? Any fans of their offerings? :D...
  7. the_paulo

Luke Donald - Mizuno Masterclass Live

Maybe not packed full of swing tips, but I really enjoyed this video. Explains a few things about his swing, how he plays different shots, a couple of little tips and has some fun with the crowd -
  8. the_paulo

A new course opens near me, tomorrow....

Dunno if you guys have heard of it, or the guy backing it? :alien: http://www.trumpgolfscotland.com/ From Bunkered magazine - So how long before we have a tour stop here? You know Trump won't be happy until he's lured the world's best. Apparently it'll be around £150 a round for the...
  9. the_paulo

Open De France [Le Spoilers]

The run up to the Open has started. Kinda. Le Golf National hosts this tournament. A place touted as a possible Ryder Cup venue, which the owners have put a lot of money behind and from what I've seen, it looks like a very nice course. Field packed with major champs this week. There's GMac...
  10. the_paulo

Pro Swing Sequences

Not so much a tip, maybe you could use them as a training aid, I dunno. But, found these Youtube vids, courtesy of Golf Monthly, showing some pro swing sequences. I like watching these, and just looking at where these guys are at certain bits of their swing...
  11. the_paulo

Q&A with Sam Torrance

Fun little Q&A posed by the readers of a Scottish golf magazine to Sam Torrance. I always enjoy reading these sort of interviews and really just soaking in the experience of guys like Sam. I found the bit when he said 'my days are gone' quite sad actually. I'm sure he didn't mean it to...
  12. the_paulo

Irish Open [spoilers]

Lot of players excited to see this tournament return to Royal Portrush. Bit of a special course to a few players. GMac's home course for a start - he has been one of perhaps 4 players (anyone name Irish major winners? :D ) who have made this happen. Gmac has stated that he 'expects' to play...
  13. the_paulo

BMW International Open [spoilers]

Thought I'd get a thread going on this, since there's a decent field competing this week at Gut Larchenhof. Story of the first round has to be England's Chris Wood. 65 on the first day, after running the last 3.5km to the course in order to make his tee time! Stuck in traffic and not...
  14. the_paulo

TMAG/Ashworth US Open Scripting

A little better than their Masters scripting, from what I remember - Adidas first - Jason Day - Sergio Garcia - Dustin Johnson (yawn) - Ashworth - Justin Rose - Ryan Palmer -
  15. the_paulo

Stag/Bachelor Parties

Thought I'd start this to see if there's any difference to the way us guys celebrate losing a stag or a bachelor to the married life? I've been to quite a few 'stag' events over the last few years, organised one myself, and am about to embark on my own this weekend. The traditional...
  16. the_paulo

Teeing the ball - the rules are simple

Well, are golf rules ever simple? Just ran across the R&A rules for teeing a ball, and thought it was quite interesting to get an explanation - http://www.randa.org/en/RandA/News/News/2012/June/Teeing-the-Ball.aspx And now I know....Anti-slice tee??
  17. the_paulo

Top 10 golfing tantrums

Not exactly a definitive list, but a fun little video showing a few tantrums on course. As you might expect, Mr Garcia features....but spare a thought for Hennie Otto.... :D
  18. the_paulo

Justin Rose joins Ashworth

Ok, not exactly a big switch, but I find it quite interesting. TM Adidas pushing the Ashworth brand to the fore a little bit more? From the official release - What do you think of the scripting for Justin's first week as an Ashworth staffer? I kinda like most of it. [/FONT][/COLOR]
  19. the_paulo

South African golf

Seems to be in great shape at the moment. Forget about all this Euro domination, US potential stuff.....SA is the one to look out for. You have Schwartzel and Louis. The 2 obvious ones. But what about a young guy named Branden Grace? 23 years old - Earned his Euro tour card through Q...
  20. the_paulo

New driver tech vs old - a pro test!

Credit - Shamelessly stolen from the Mizuno forum. (mizunoforum.com) Mizuno Europe had Euro tour player Chris Wood attempt to settle an argument. How far has driver technology come on? So, he put 3 drivers on the Trackman. 1st, Mizuno TP5W persimmon driver (12.5 degree might come into...
Back