Search results for query: *

1. Typhoon

Is Golf a Sport?

Then again Sumo Wrestling is a sport. And the Hot Dog earring contest is on ESPN🙄🙄🙄 I like George Carlin’s bit about what is a sport and what is not. According to him golf is an activity. Any “sport” you can do while drinking a beer is not a sport, it is an activity.
  2. Typhoon

All Rounds Should Be Four Hours or Less

Hope you called work and told them you’d be in a week from next Monday….
  3. Typhoon

How do you get to be a better ball striker?

Start young, take lessons, play a lot. Practice short game alot for hand eye coordination. Continue to take some lessons every year. Don’t get caught up in numbers and video.
  4. Typhoon

Senior Golfers…how do you identify?

I did it for a year and was too embarrassed to whip out my card for a free $1.00 donut. No more… screw them AND the free tote bag😂😂
  5. Typhoon

Dude, AARP is desperate for people. They start you at age 50. I signed up back then because at Dunks if you bought a medium coffee you flash your aarp card and you get a free donut.
  6. Typhoon

Over 60 as well and I forget that… not that I care either. I still hit it a long way, haven’t seen any drop off in score either. I just keep doing what I’m doing. There is a scramble I play in where they said I could play the senior tees. I might do it just to be a jerk.
  7. Typhoon

Off to buy the wife a new pistol

Well there’s something you don’t hear everyday.
  8. Typhoon

That was something I mentioned exactly. A group of women finished an hour behind the group ahead of them. 9 holes , not 18. 12 minute tee times. One of the women came in and said,” that was fun, the people behind us wanted to play through but we didn’t let them.” 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
  9. Typhoon

We were taught etiquette to be caddies back when I was 10….. not now.. And yea, there are signs before you go out to play, things are also printed on the score cards
  10. Typhoon

Problem is since Covid there is no knowledge of “golf etiquette “ with golfers. It’s so weird, I have been caddying since I was 10 and we were taught about etiquette. Now… no such thing.
  11. Typhoon

What happens a lot is the whole courae just slows down. So everyone keeps pace… but it’s a 5 hour pace. I say to people when they come in, “ it took you 5 hours, what was up?”. They say “I dunno”. So they’re not angry, they just play slower so they aren’t waiting. When I was a kid, the 9...
  12. Typhoon

Build a Bag

As long as it’s power 👍👍👍
  13. Typhoon

Build a Bag

Does it have a Hemi?😁
  14. Typhoon

I get a lot of “mind blown” and “WTF”emojis but as you say…. I can’t make this stuff up. The last few pages were about letting groups play through. People don’t know about this… especially the slow ones. Had a group of women the other day play 9. Pace before them was under 1.5 hours. Then...
  15. Typhoon

Nobody wants bad reviews, even there we’re full. And especially the uncalled for ones. I fear bad reviews will deter better golfers. Better golfers tend to look at the course online etc…to check it out. The hacks…. Not so much… so they have beer and carts?😂
  16. Typhoon

I went out and drove around the course yesterday and the amount of unreplaced divots is mind blowing. It looked like we had a war out there. I just don’t get it… but like you said… no honor or integrity. But also a huge dose of laziness and cluelessness. You would laugh at the amount of...
  17. Typhoon

Tiger Woods 8802 Putter

Probably using it as a cane.
  18. Typhoon

What you should do is go online and post the fact that it’s slow and the marshals so nothing on the course website. Hopefully they will read it and do something. When I’ve gone out to marshal when I see it approaching 6 hours You can’t believe the amount of crap I get from these belligerent...
  19. Typhoon

At my course, and I’ve said it before, “entitlement”…. “I paid my money, I’ll take as long as I want” is the new norm. It stems from what seems to be the influx of Covid golfers who have no idea how long a round should take. All we hear is “we’re here for the day.” The cart problem as well…...
  20. Typhoon

Wish I was playing with or had all you guys at MY course…. Life would be good
Back