Search results for query: *

1. pattyboy21

Tee up Wedges on Par-3s?

For a front pin, teeing up a wedge works great for me. I can hit it high and stop the ball where it lands, not worrying about spinning it back off the green.
  2. pattyboy21

What did you shoot today?

75 with 5 birdies. Scores on the 3 holes where I hit it into greenside bunkers: triple, double, bogey. My bunker game is horrendous...
  3. pattyboy21

Luggage?

The discount chains often carry a brand called Lucas, and we've had really good experiences with their luggage.
  4. pattyboy21

GHIN 9-Hole Differential

My wife has never played, but has to get a GHIN handicap to participate in the Sunday Funday, a couples golf outing held regularly in our 55+ community. She's going to need to get in X number of 9-hole rounds in order to establish a handicap (not sure how many at this point). I'll be playing...
  5. pattyboy21

Phoenix AZ comedy

I'll have to show this to the wife and maybe we'll go!
  6. pattyboy21

Home Pest Control DIY

I sprinkled boric acid all around the baseboards in an apartment many years ago. I wound up moving out a month later, so I don't know how effective it was. 2 things we found in Mexico to deter flies were 1) a fly fan, and 2) Sterno with half of a lime suspended over the flame (sometimes with...
  7. pattyboy21

Last club to truly surprise you?

My M6 3-wood. After my old R7 cracked, I tried so many different 3-woods, but none were as good. Until I found the M6; that's one of my favorite clubs now.
  8. pattyboy21

HIO: How close have you come?

Only managed 2 in 47+ years of golf. If all the ones that hit the flagstick or hole had dropped, I'd be at about 12. If the hole was as big as a Frisbee, I'd be somewhere north of 25 by now.
  9. pattyboy21

What is your least favorite household chore?

I don't mind cleaning the kitchen or doing laundry. I hate ALL other household cleaning and try to maintain an unspoken understanding with my wife that I'll do those if she handles the rest. We had the luxury of having a maid (a really good maid) in Mexico; we sure miss her...
  10. pattyboy21

What's for lunch today THP?

Walmart always has these individually wrapped turkey legs for sale. I'm doing low-carb, and these are perfect lunches for me!
  11. pattyboy21

WINNER Congrats You Just Won a Free Trip and Fitting

Congrats guys - should be an awesome experience!
  12. pattyboy21

Shot a new PB today!

Congrats - well done!
  13. pattyboy21

What chipping technique do you use?

Most of the time, I'll do the toe-down method while standing very close to the ball. I don't think about it like a putting stroke; I still feel like it's a chipping motion and I hit down on the ball, striking the turf after impact.
  14. pattyboy21

Toying with Snedeker's Pop Stroke

My last few rounds have been characterized by good ball striking and horrendous putting. Yesterday, I went up to the practice green at my local course and spent an hour putting with Snedeker's "pop stroke." I've got to say, it's so easy to get the ball on line this way, and I plan to use this...
  15. pattyboy21

Post the most recent golf-related picture on your phone.

A couple of the guys I played with last week at Grandview GC in Sun City West, AZ. It was my first round of golf in this 55+ community since I moved here a month ago.
  16. pattyboy21

Par on a Par 3 is Great

I'd love to see my lifetime performance over par 3's, 4's, and 5's. If I had to guess, I'd say it's worse on par-3's, and if I could retroactively put down a 3 for every one I've played, my life would be much improved today... hahaha
  17. pattyboy21

What’s the least important spot in the bag?

Probably the 5-iron for me. I could drop it and easily make up for it between the 6 and 4. The gaps between each iron 6-PW are pretty consistent for me, but decrease to about 10 yards between 6-5, and 5-4.
  18. pattyboy21

Wyndham Clark - Rules Violation?

I hate Chamblee, but I think he was right.
  19. pattyboy21

How Does Winter Impact Your Game?

Winter has always been the best time for golf, having spent 100% of my life in the southeastern U.S., Texas, Arizona and Mexico. After spending the last couple of years in Cabo, where it's really expensive, I didn't play as often as I had in the States. Ball-striking was always OK, but my short...
Back