Search results for query: *

1. pattyboy21

Toying with Snedeker's Pop Stroke

My last few rounds have been characterized by good ball striking and horrendous putting. Yesterday, I went up to the practice green at my local course and spent an hour putting with Snedeker's "pop stroke." I've got to say, it's so easy to get the ball on line this way, and I plan to use this...
  2. pattyboy21

If you had $5k to buy a street legal golf cart, which way would you go?

We're moving to Sun City West, AZ next month. It's a golf cart community, so I'd like to buy a decent used one now and look to upgrade in a couple of years. In AZ, carts do have to be street legal to drive on the roads. I'd appreciate any suggestions with regards to: - important features -...
  3. pattyboy21

Anyone using Celtic Salt?

I've read the Chinese brands often have a high concentration of heavy metals. So, if any of you use Celtic Salt, I'd love to know a) your thoughts, and b) where to go to get the best. Thanks!
  4. pattyboy21

How many hours and minutes from the time you walk out the door until you return? How does that jibe with your wife's expectations?

My wife has a pretty solid idea that golf takes 4 hours, so if I walk out the door at 7:30 AM, I should be back just before Noon... um, no. It's different for each of us, but there is commute time to the course, warmup/range time, probably closer to 5 hours on the course, "settling up" time...
  5. pattyboy21

Affordable golf course communities in the United States

We've committed to living here in Cabo San Lucas for the foreseeable future, but we'd like to buy an investment property that we might someday move into one day. Here is the leading contender so far - https://www.flexmls.com/link.html?1r3vbbvaz82g,16,1 - but I'd love some THP recommendations for...
  6. pattyboy21

Chipping from rough - I struggle sometimes...

I grew up playing in the 70' and 80's, developing a short game that relied heavily on forward shaft lean, downward strikes, and using no bounce at all. I've been able to adapt to the more modern style of chipping to use more bounce with neutral setup and vertical shaft (e.g., ). But what about...
  7. pattyboy21

Has anyone played in the Costa Calida (Murcia) area of Spain?

We're getting excited about spending 2 weeks in the area, and looking for properties at the many golf resorts (e.g., https://simonhdahomes.com/properties/85000-euros-pool-view-penthouse-hda) I'd love some insights/opinions/advice from any who have made a similar trip! I was pretty happy to...
  8. pattyboy21

What is the WORST thing you've ever smelled?

My wife and I were laying in bed last night after eating a pot of bean soup. For some reason... that question popped up... lol Anyway, after a lifetime of really bad smell experiences that we laughed way too much about, we decided that our WORST experience was in Mexico. We visited Los Barriles...
  9. pattyboy21

Full swings with wedges... do you?

It took me a LONG time to figure this out. I used to take full swings with both my 56 and 60 when I had them (now I play a 53 and 58). The ball would fly very high, and even though many of the shots were online, I'd have to wait until the ball landed to see how short or long I would be. I...
  10. pattyboy21

The RealReal - not just for the elite!

Oddly enough, an online search for a Coogi polo led me to the RealReal. They have a $25-off your first purchase code (once you supply your email address). I signed myself and my wife up separately. With the codes, I got a brand new Oakley T-shirt with tags for $7.52 all-in, and a new Nike polo...
  11. pattyboy21

For Sale 3-Dozen New Pro V1x Balls and Cleveland RTX ZipCore Full-Face 58-Degree Wedge

Balls are brand new, unopened, no logos. Wedge has been played about 10 rounds, and I installed a new SuperStroke 1/2-cord grip about 5 rounds ago. $200 shipped in CONUS
  12. pattyboy21

It's less than a month away now!!

13. pattyboy21

Anyone play with a weak grip?

This article on Collin Morikawa's grip really has me thinking - https://www.bunkered.co.uk/golf-news/what-you-can-learn-from-collin-morikawas-imperfect-grip When I first started playing golf in Jr. High, my grip was very weak with my left thumb extended far down the shaft. I started off with a...
  14. pattyboy21

WTB Stiff shaft w/.350 tip

I bought a TaylorMade R9 head and new adapter. Now I'm looking for a used or inexpensive shaft to drop in it. I want the overall length of the driver to be ~44", but I can cut a longer shaft as needed. Let me know what you've got!
  15. pattyboy21

When it comes to switching back and forth between Daylight Savings Time and Standard Time...

Momma always said, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." But that was before memes, so...
  16. pattyboy21

WTB SeeMore Mallet Putter

I'd like to buy a used SeeMore Mallet putter for $100 - $150 if anyone has anything in that range. Without having hit any of them, I like the looks of the HT. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing if anything is out there. Thanks!
  17. pattyboy21

Golf Terms Explained

Oh I could add a ton to these!
  18. pattyboy21

For those paying for their own healthcare, what are you paying and what kind of plan are you on?

I'm an independent contractor and shopping options in TX. I've been quoted an underwritten plan by United Healthcare Premiere Choice Plan - $517/month for just me (56-yr old in decent shape w/no preexisting conditions). I've had 2 different salespeople go over the details and options, and I...
Back