Search results for query: *

1. brianmk24

Will Covid-19 affect you going out to play golf?

Some CT and DE courses are still open. I was pondering using one of those options tomorrow, but I should probably do some work instead.
  2. brianmk24

In how many states or countries have you played golf

31 states and Ontario AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MO, NV, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VT, VA, WV, WI I have some work to do to stay ahead of you ;) No new states planned so far for 2020..yet
  3. brianmk24

Black Sheep Golf Club

The course looks great, but Black Sheep has one of the best logos in golf.
  4. brianmk24

CONTEST Win the Trip of a Lifetime with Callaway Golf

fun blueberry chromesoft vodka friend lemonade calming teammate double wide
  5. brianmk24

Course Review Pawleys Plantation Golf and Country Club

That dude looks good in shorts. :cool: Pawleys was enjoyable, save for the houses that were barely off the fairway on a few holes and there's a tree in the middle of the fairway on 9. The par 3 holes on the causeway were really good (even though I only hit my tee shot about halfway there on...
  6. brianmk24

Lake Tahoe Open III - Nor Cal Outing

Don't %#$& up the back nine, including hitting my tee shot on 16 directly behind the tree in the fairway. Southwest doesn't fly out of EWR anymore. :(
  7. brianmk24

Definitely want to do this again..just can't commit to it yet. We might have to give up golf if we can't beat him that way!
  8. brianmk24

My 51 on the back nine certainly didn't help my chances :poop: Glad that this is coming back this year! This is a guaranteed fantastic time, thanks to Adam and everybody else who participates.
  9. brianmk24

Do you "Ready Putt?"

If somebody is struggling or is just all over the place on a hole, I'll gladly tell him/her to take the time to read the putt and then I'll putt. Normally, it's not a big deal on the greens, although I have the worst time seeing who is away when it's close.
  10. brianmk24

Would you rock a staff bag?

I have four staffers and I've only bought one of them (I wanted the GBB Isaac Newton bag since I'm a scientist). Re: carry/walking from later in the thread: I walk as much as I can, but I put them on the push cart. It gets a little dented, but since the Danny Willett EXO is game-used, I'm not...
  11. brianmk24

Longest Par 3 You've Ever Played

The second hole at Berkshire Valley (Jefferson Township, NJ) plays 240 from the regular tees and 258 from the tips. I usually hit 3w and then try to get up and down for par. Also, no big deal that it's on the side of a mountain so you can't miss left or right. :cautious:
  12. brianmk24

How many hole in ones have you witnessed?

I have seen zero and I have made zero. 16-18 inches is probably the closest that I've seen in person.
  13. brianmk24

Putting Banter

I putt well with my Stroke Lab Double Wide, but my ancient Divine Line 2ball is serious point-and-shoot magic. I have such angst over which one to use!
  14. brianmk24

Who are the first THP members you've played golf with?

My first event was Olde Stonewall in June 2015. There were a few late WDs/injuries so gr8dryv and I didn't have another 2some in our group. We had a really fun time and I don't think that I bored him to death during the round. I'm fairly introverted IRL so I was a little intimidated to walk...
  15. brianmk24

What Kind Of Ball Marker Do You Game With?

I almost always use my Seamus marker from the Steamshovel last year because it's big and I won't lose track of it. If I'm near someone else's line, I'll use my standard size marker from the 2016 PGA at Baltusrol.
  16. brianmk24

How Critical Is Distance Measuring?

My distance judgment is terrible so I need to have a number in my head whether I laser it or step it off from a sprinkler head. Whether I hit it or not is a different story, but it's good to have a starting position other than it's somewhere between 150 and 200.
  17. brianmk24

How many rounds in 2019?

I counted 48 18 hole rounds and 23 9 hole rounds (league or otherwise) for 2019. I travelled better than playing locally. 10 different states (NJ, CT, PA, LA, VT, MA, CO, NV, CA, WI; 6 new states for a total of 31) You seem to do okay by yourself, Mr Big Time. :unsure:
  18. brianmk24

Your Favorite Hole in Your State

There are so many good holes in NJ and a lot of them are at Forsgate. Here's 17 (the Biarritz) and of course I didn't make the birdie putt from the swale.
  19. brianmk24

Your Favorite Hole in Your State

I love Wild Turkey. 6-7-8 is a good stretch with a short par 4, this par 3, and a par 5 that I can sometimes reach in two. You'll be safe. There's a drop zone on the other side of the water. :cool: I can take a look at the Conservatory and Ocean holes next month if you need some more input. ;)
Back