Search results for query: *

1. jbardet

Quarantine Swing Rebuild

Face view: DTL: Shout-out to Shawn Clement videos. He helped clear my head and think about swinging this club thing in a direction rather than how to hit a golf ball. In drills without a ball I imagined I was bashing a sledgehammer through a wall and my body just kind of knew what to do. I...
  2. jbardet

Driv3 yrs progress check in

Pardon the typo in the subject..currently holding my 11 day old (second) daughter in my arms. So it's been years since I had the courage to post a swing vid here. Driver slow motion down the line: 9i 2 swings full speed https://youtu.be/5rk5sb-vY98 Let me know what you think. I'm prone to...
  3. jbardet

Game Golf Tags - new GG product uses NFC for tagging to phone in real time.

Game Golf recently (?) released a new $99 product, "Game Golf Tags", which leverages NFC tagging for inputting strokes "automatically" to it's free Android App. So now you can keep your phone in your pocket and still use the Game Golf Android app for tracking. They are now calling the...
  4. jbardet

LOL at this old Pitch & Putt Scorecard

gotta laugh at a scorecard like this. The first and only time I've ever gone under par. And in several previous attempts I've gone 9/9 greens, which tells you something about my putting normally. By the way, high winds here at this course on most days - so it's not super easy to go too low. But...
  5. jbardet

Putting Yips, electric shock through hands.

I think I have the most severe type of yips, the kind that makes it feel like an electric current charges up during the peak of the putting backswing, then fires a shock to the hands as you try to make contact with the ball. Results in devastating slap pushes, not a good look. This only...
  6. jbardet

Going from weak to neutral grip, what swing changes are necessary? (long post)

Hi all, Sorry for the huge wall of text here but I feel without proper context there's no way one could provide a proper answer. And I just have to vent. i'm a lefty. and a golf junkie... and was on the cusp of flying past my goals of breaking 80 on a non-muni challenging course. I play to...
  7. jbardet

Pain in right glute (left hander). Was nagging pain, now worse.

Note: I'm left-handed. For about 6 months I've had pain in my right glute. It used to only show up toward the end of a round when walking. Now I feel it more during the follow through and finish position and it's showing up as early as the first or second hole. The pain is a mild 2 - 3 out of...
  8. jbardet

[Un]official Yips Thread. Your battle with the yips; mental game discussion.

I inconsistently suffer from the yips on the putting green. I'm nearing 30 years old and am on the cusp of being a very decent golfer. Yesterday on a easy par 70 muni, shot a 78. Strung together a ton of good shots in a row and recovered nicely from the rough often and hit 61% GIR (thanks...
  9. jbardet

My miss is a pull.. can you see what's going on?

Something weird is happening with my hips and spine angle, I think, and perhaps swaying or leaning forward -- or just flat out over swinging. Today I tried Shawn Clement one legged and feet together drills, which includes throwing your backside out during the takeaway to counter balance and...
  10. jbardet

been a while. and now w/ a new camera, new video.

Two years after my first video, I'm STILL taking it back too far to the inside I think. And probably too flat of a swing too. Probably 100 other things wrong, but hopefully more things right than before I started lessons.
  11. jbardet

I never realized how unique Rory's swing is. [very good swing analysis video]

my mind is blown. double hip clearance!! ha, what the heck. ErkjeJiNWrI
  12. jbardet

playing in very hot weather for first time; plus thunderstorm question

Playing in Charlotte this weekend. First time in high heat and humidity. Just got new synthetic winn grips which was probably a mistake right before playing in the heat. How can I be best prepared to handle the heat? what are your secrets? Also, weather report shows an afternoon short...
  13. jbardet

I need smaller grips, but current grips in great condition

Do I have any options for trade-in or trade with somebody who needs standard grips? (Mine are standard found on cleveland cg7 BP irons). After talking with my pro during a lesson, it's apparent I need smaller grips, but don't want to trash the nice ones I currently have, and would like to save...
  14. jbardet

Recommend public course in Charlotte, NC area? + new swing video for good measure!!

For the first time in my life, I am going to get to play two rounds in a day and will play another one or two the following day somewhere else. Can someone recommend any public courses in Charlotte area? I'm a pretty decent player, broken 80 on easy courses but looking for a bit of a challenge...
  15. jbardet

Buying clubs without ever testing them? +fitting question

I'm just shopping online and feeling a bit of an impulse! I'm in the market for a new 3 wood, (and possibly driver if I go the cheaper clone route.) Any reason to not get a clone from a well trusted clone-site? Also, general question: I am +1/2 length on my cg7 irons -- does this 1/2" apply...
  16. jbardet

Wanted: LH 3-wood + Hybrid

Let me know if you have a 3-wood and hybrid to sell to me! Something that might interest a fairly hard swinging guy (5'10")
  17. jbardet

How long is your putter?

I took a lesson the other day and my instructor says my 35" putter is way too long. He would like to see me on a 33-34", to really activate the shoulders more. Anyone else using a relatively shirt putter after having had a longer one? Also, since I'm in the market for a new putter, any "must...
  18. jbardet

Footwork woes: bad ankle. what to do?

I have a pretty severe spin in my back foot, which I can't seem to correct without feeling like I have to completely silence my entire lower body during the swing to stop it from happening. but what is more frustrating is my bad ankle on the front foot. I can't seem to get it to "roll up"...
  19. jbardet

How's my swing???

Here is a new video. In my first golf lesson the other day I worked on gripping the club correctly, squaring my shoulders (my front shoulder was always very open at setup), centering the ball in my stance, keeping my weight off my toes and more on the balls of my feet, and hitting from inside...
  20. jbardet

New video. My swing change in progress: Week 1

First time I've ever cared enough about golf to attempt a swing change. Old swing video (this is cool to compare!) from before my 5 week vacation/break from golf: And here's a silhouette of the one week old improved swing -- I suggest opening this in youtube or full screening it for better...
Back