Search results for query: *

1. Galen Marek

For Sale FS: Taylormade P770 4-PW

Selling off my set of 2017 Taylormade P770 irons. Great feeling irons but they didn’t give me anything my X-Forged weren’t. They have the KBS FLT 120 shafts in stiff flex and the grips were recently installed and are standard size. Standard loft and lie. All the clubs but the PW have lead tape...
  2. Galen Marek

FS: Honma TW717P 3-11, SW

For sale is a ten club Honma set that has seen three months of use and is in fantastic shape. Stock length and lie angles. The shafts are Nippon NS Pro 950GH in regular flex. 5, 7-PW have Winn standard grips and the 3, 4 and 6 have the stock Honma grips. Asking $600 OBO including shipping to...
  3. Galen Marek

Mission Declassified

Anyone else watching? I love historical mysteries and they tackled one of my all time favorite mysteries the 1962 Alcatraz escape. I was 70/30 they made it after the History Channel special which revealed the photograph supposedly showing the brothers in 1975 Brazil. Now I'm all in after the...
  4. Galen Marek

DNA Tests

So during the NorCal/SoCal match Hicksta and I spoke about the DNA tests. My mom got me one those DNA tests from Ancestry.com and here are my results. Anyone else taken one of these tests? Results you'd care to share? Scandinavia 31% Iberian Peninsula 27% Native American 16% New Mexico From...
  5. Galen Marek

Phil's swing trigger

I've noticed that Phil started lifting his clubhead right before the start of his swing which hinges his wrist a touch. I've always like that feeling as it helps me keep the clubhead outside my hands on the takeaway where my normal swing the clubhead does go slightly behind. I've cocked my...
  6. Galen Marek

They ain't lying about the short game

So my local range added baskets around the 45, 60, 75 and 100 yard ranges and so I've taken to trying to make at least one ball into each since each session. I once made three in a row in the 60 yard basket but I digress. It was more for fun than anything else but I've noticed my short game has...
  7. Galen Marek

Clubs that never made it to your bag

There's three iron sets I always wanted to try but either the timing wasn't right or in the case of the 731PM irons never available for right handers. I remember seeing those while touring Taylormade. It was a while ago but I think it was their tour department. I strained to read the tags...
  8. Galen Marek

Who played the Callaway X-Tours?

At the time I loved Callaway woods but was never able to find an iron that appealed to my eye. The X-14 Pro Series was close but I never like that rubber o-ring in place of a ferrule on an iron. Then the X-Tours came out and I haven't left Callaway since. I saw a single iron at the golf course...
  9. Galen Marek

Mariscos

Anyone else a fan? The food is so refreshing especially during the summer. I can't live without aguachile in my life. Shrimp ceviche tostadas are my second favorite mariscos item. My friends sell a micehlada mix called Miche (https://www.micheproducts.com/). If you live in LA they do...
  10. Galen Marek

Golf Digest Hogan Article

Wasn't expecting to end with Ben Hogan, John Wayne, Charles Bronson and Clint Eastwood to be equated to mass killers.
  11. Galen Marek

Lynx Golf

I didn't see a thread but apparently Lynx Golf is "back" and coming to America. In the late 90's they had a beautiful driver that had a top that changed colors depending on how the light hit it and those sweet Black Cat Tour irons that were nickel heads. I wanted both so bad back then but never...
  12. Galen Marek

Mummified Sea Captain

This was just so unusual I had to share. Was anyone aware of this when he was found? https://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/german-man-mummified-body-found-abandoned-yacht-article-1.2548091
  13. Galen Marek

Amateur shoots 56 over par on a sponsor's exemption in Web.com Tour event

Follow your dreams fellas... http://www.golf.com/tour-news/2018/02/09/amateur-shoots-56-over-par-sponsors-exemption-webcom-tour-event
  14. Galen Marek

FS: 2018 Callaway Hyper Lite 3 Stand Bag

Up for sale is a brand new with tags Callaway Hyper Lite 3 stand bag in red/blue/white. Rain hood included. The 2018 bag is going for $209.95 most places so I'm asking $175 OBO including shipping. Thanks for looking.
  15. Galen Marek

Tennis

I consider myself a decent golfer but my first love and what I actually excel at is tennis. I come from the 90's era when American tennis was dominant even though my absolute favorite player is Thomas Muster. I played on red clay for a number of years and have a grinding baseline game...
  16. Galen Marek

FS: Vokey Black SM6 wedges 54 and 60

Up for sale is my Vokey wedges. I’ve used them for two rounds and two or three range sessions and are near mint. Asking $150 shipped OBO. Standard lofts and lie angles and come with the stock shafts which I believe are S200. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Galen Marek

FS: Callaway PM Grind Chrome 54 & 60

Up for sale is a set of PM Grind Chrome wedges. The lofts are 56 (bent to 54) and the 60. They are excellent wedges but I’m going with the slate versions. They have factory installed Dynamic Gold S300 shafts and new Golf Pride MCC grips. They are bent 1 degree upright. The ferrule has moved...
  18. Galen Marek

FS: Mitsubishi Diamana B Series 70 shaft

I’m selling a mint condition Mitsubishi Diamana B Series 70 shaft in stiff flex. It has the Callaway adapter and has been SST pured (that and $1.50 will get you a bag of chips). When installed in a driver head it comes out to 45.5 inches. Asking $125 shipped. Thank you. Sent from my...
  19. Galen Marek

Small change to Phil's swing

I knew I wasn't seeing things. Right before the takeaway he cocks his wrists upwards ever so slightly which raises the club off the ground and seems to help him keep the clubhead outside his hands and make his backswing more upright. I like it...
  20. Galen Marek

FS: New Callaway XR 16 5 wood reg

Have a brand new Callaway XR 16 5 wood with the stock regular flex shaft I was gonna experiment with but changed my mind. It does not come with a cover. Asking $140 shipped OBO. Thanks!
Back