Search results for query: *

1. rickkimbrell

Callaway Premium Apparel Review

Price seems comparable with other high end brands but the cotton (albeit only 17%) content leaves me out.
  2. rickkimbrell

Need Pants Recommendations

Haggar slim fit work well for me
  3. rickkimbrell

2024 Golf Trips?

If my health will hold up, I plan to make my 37th trip to the World Am in Myrtle Beach in August.
  4. rickkimbrell

Gulf Coast New Member

I'm just a little north of you. Just outside of Houston on west side. Love playing The Wilderness. Welcome to THP
  5. rickkimbrell

Hi From Texas

Welcome back to golf and THP from another Texas resident
  6. rickkimbrell

Would you play here?

This golf course reminds me of this story/joke A businessman was attending a conference in Africa. He had a free day and wanted to play a round of golf. He asked if there were any courses in the vicinity and was directed to one on the outskirts of the jungle. After a short journey, he arrived...
  7. rickkimbrell

How long should a golf trip be?

Our annual Myrtle Beach trip is 9 hotel nights. We have 4 tournament days and then we play on both ends of tournament.
  8. rickkimbrell

Playing in the Cold?

I know, I walked outside about 7am and I could smell someone's wood burning fireplace going. Just a bit too warm for that, for me anyway. Wanted to play today but just never got off my butt and went.
  9. rickkimbrell

2023 Round Count

Only 134 this year. Had 199 all of 2022 and was hoping to break 200 this year but have been in bad health since mid-July. Might get to 175 but I doubt it. BTW, saw someone said "holes". Mine are full rounds.
  10. rickkimbrell

Are you a linear or non-linear putter?

I play golf on occasion with a few guys who use lines. Geez, they spend more time fiddling with the ball on the green to get the line(s) on the ball lined up then go into their pre shot routine...please while we are young! Well, I used to be able to say that...now I am old as he11. I play a...
  11. rickkimbrell

Playing in the Cold?

True, unless we have a "northerner" blow in.
  12. rickkimbrell

Playing in the Cold?

Probably need to define "cold". How cold? I prefer to wear turtleneck (not mock) as my base layer. Then a golf shirt. Next the Greg Norman lined pullover 1/4 zip sweater. If need be and it is damp weather put lightweight oversize rain jacket over all this. Usually if it is that bad...I stay...
  13. rickkimbrell

Replace shoes every 3-500 miles

Honestly, I have no clue how many miles I have on my 17 pair of golf shoes. If they start to leak, crack or just get to looking bad...I pitch them. I mostly have FJ Dryjoys of varying versions of that shoe. They seem to last me a very long time. Today, I wore a pair of Dryjoy Tours that I...
  14. rickkimbrell

Have you ever used a caddie?

Both caddies and forecaddies a number of times. The times we had to use forecaddies, it was a requirement. Most were helpful, a couple were not. I enjoyed using a caddie because we were walking, not riding in carts. Every time was a great experience. The only time I had a caddie with zero...
  15. rickkimbrell

Poll: Declare your cap style.

If Dad is low and unstructured that is my choice.
  16. rickkimbrell

Zip golf polo - yay or nay?

I own 2 from several years back....never wear them. Thought they were cool back then but once I put them on...they went to the back of the line
  17. rickkimbrell

Rain Gloves?

I like the Taylormade rain gloves. I wear them in cold weather also. They are great gloves in wet weather. They only come in black/gray combo. For that reason, during the summer I usually wear the Footjoy rain gloves that are sorta white with gray. I don't wear very much black in the summer...
  18. rickkimbrell

Do you own a golf cart?

I live in a gated golf course community so, yes, I own a golf cart. It is way too convenient not to own one here. Right now it is undergoing some upgrades or I would post a picture. It is sitting on blocks in my garage at the moment.
  19. rickkimbrell

Any recos on cold weather golf jacket?

In cold weather, I wear a cotton turtleneck, a Greg Norman lined windshirt, and if needed I add an Eddie Bauer down puffer jacket. That combination is not bulky and works quite well. Depending upon how cold, the combination might be the turtleneck and only the jacket.
  20. rickkimbrell

How strong is your belt game?

For slacks (or shorts) for business, casual and golf....15 leather ratchet belt straps and 9 ratchet belt buckles. Lizard, alligator, smooth in variety of colors to match my MyJoy golf shoes and my dress loafers. For jeans, 3 western belts (tan, brown, black) to match my boots. Oops, I forgot...
Back