Search results for query: *

1. F

Graphite vs steel iron shafts for 92 mph swing speed

As I start my shopping for irons, i am very curious how ppl feel about shafts. Specifically graphite vs steel. And for around low 90 swing speed. While I already know i will do a fitting, i am very interested in looking at graphite shafts. Anyone have any experience that they can help shed...
  2. F

Hitting wrong ball. What would you do?

Im down in myrtle beach for our anual boys getaway. All fun golf. Most of the guys are true havkers but we have a blast reconnecting. Anyway, while golfing at prestwick yesterday 3 of us hit short of green in this crazy rough down here. My friend accidentally hit my ball to about 5’. When...
  3. F

April fools memories

So. Do you have any APRIL FOOLS moments that stick out? I have 2. 1. I signed up for the army on april 1,st 1985. When i was in basic i was being ridden pretty hardby a drill sergeant. At one point i felt like a joke was in order. “Drill sergeant, my signing up for this **** on april 1st was...
  4. F

Golf pranks

So, new member and friend slongacre was the recipient of one of the greatest pranks ever. He has a new set of custom titleist irons. We golf every yr in myrtle. His brother dan (not a golfer) could hit steve’s 8i so he had it in his bag. We found an old rusty wedge in the garage and put...
  5. F

How many par 3’s can you par or better in a round or rounds?

How many times can you par a par 3 (or better) in a round? On same level as the birdie thread but i have always struggles with par 3’s. Recently I did something I have never done, at my age that was impressive. I had a par on all 4 par 3’s. More impressive was that obver the course of...
  6. F

Do you play the course or manage the course?

So, do you play the course or manage? Here is an example. Do you go to a par 5, hit a driver, slam a wood trying to make it in 2 or do you pull out a short iron and hit to a yardage to make a nice 3rd shot? I dont have the distance so i started to think more about shots. I will hit 3...
  7. F

Should i hold off on lessons

I started working with a instructor at GolfTec this year to fix all my bad habits. It really has helped. Our plan for the winter was to work on transition and getting my swing longer. I had a dr appt friday and it is time for a new knee. Schedululing in February. That gets me back to swinging in...
  8. F

Winter rules, when do they apply?

So, i dont play country clubs, mostly public courses. For years, i have used winter rules (adjust ball in fairways) to at least let me hit off grass. Talking to a friend and he uses it everywhere. Greens. Rough. Anywhere. My point to doing it is a lot of public courses have bad areas that you...
  9. F

Tee boxes. What do you play? What should you play?

While golfing with my son yesterday this topic came up as we watched a couple of guys play the tips. They had no business playing the tips. My son asked what the criteria was for tees. I told him none. We talked more. Should it be handicap related or driver distance related? Both? Tough...
  10. F

Free golf balls

Saw this link for a free sleeve of balls. We all like free right? https://www.oncoregolf.com/pages/mr-59-free-sleeve?utm_campaign=mr-59&utm_medium=ad&utm_source=facebook Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. F

True temper AMT BLACK r300 shafts review

Here is a start for my promised review. I have these shafts on Bridgestone JGR HF1 irons. All from the true temper event a few months back. That event in sept was my 4th time golfing last yr due to a partially torn bicep tendon. Since that time i was able to only golf one time due to...
  12. F

What is your most memorable golf shot of all time?

Everyone has that one shot that sticks out. Putt? Drive? Shot from rough or trees? Well, my shot was classic me. Pull drive left into trees. Back then too dumb to drop. Had a shot to a small green on hill, creek short, woods on both sides (this was in the fall). Opening was maybe a...
Back