Search results for query: *

1. S

Wedge Setup

I’ve been a 50/54/58 guy since I started golfing but odds are I’m going to change my setup the next time I get a new iron set. I’m currently playing MP20s with a 46 PW which fits the wedge setup perfectly but almost every set I’m looking at now has a ~44 PW. Depending on the distance I’ll either...
  2. S

Kirkland Signature vs ProV1

The original Kirklands were definitely higher spinning and I could see that on the course compared to other balls (wedges spinning back instead of stopping next to their pitch mark, irons ballooning a bit, etc.). I’ve hit the v3 on a gcquad along with several other premium balls and there wasn’t...
  3. S

Kirkland Signature vs ProV1

Kirklands are pretty much the best deal there is for urethane golf balls. The current version performs very well for me when I play it alongside a TP5 (my usual ball). Unless you hit dozens of shots on a high end launch monitor you probably can’t see a real difference between a Kirkland and...
  4. S

Robot Ball Test

Looks like a decent test. I like that they collected data indoors since some previous tests have been done on a range and have produced results that really look like the wind and bounces impacted the total yardages. I wish they had done more than one shot with each ball and club though.
  5. S

Your Last Chip In?

I chipped in for birdie twice in my league last night. I hadn’t chipped in for quite a while so doing it twice in four holes was pretty funny.
  6. S

The ball makes me slow.

I have the exact same issue, to the point where most of the guys I play with regularly comment on how much harder/faster my practice swing with my driver is versus when I am hitting the ball. I have a PRGR also and can swing ~115 with a practice swing but on my actual shot I’m usually in the...
  7. S

Time to Get Your Brag On - Long Drive Contest Wins

6-10 here, out of probably ~50 scrambles or other events I’ve played in that have had a long drive hole.
  8. S

Consistency - when it comes to path and face control, how consistent are "good" golfers? (*nerd alert*)

The definition of “good” golfer can vary widely but for a typical scratch golfer you’re probably looking at standard deviation of under half a degree for club path and AoA over a large sample size, and probably a slightly larger standard deviation for face angle since that tends to be a little...
Back