Search results for query: *

1. StLCardsFan

Planning for the weather

When you have a golf outing planned in advance, do you plan for the weather and watch it ahead of time? Played in a charity scramble yesterday and it was in the low 50's and light rain. I look forward to this event each year (work pays for it, best course in town, and a good group) so I kept...
  2. StLCardsFan

Laptop purchase

We are looking to get our 15 year old daughter a laptop for Christmas. Problem is, I have no idea what is good and what is bad. What are some spec ranges for me to look at? Something like what is basic/serviceable to what is more top of the line. Anything I look at has processor speed, MB of...
  3. StLCardsFan

Golf Ball Help

I was hoping someone could help me out comparing golf balls. I’ve used the Pro-V1 and Pro-V1x the most, because that is what we used to get through work, so I know what each one is built to do and how they work for me and what I want to get out of them. I know the other companies have balls...
  4. StLCardsFan

U. S. Open courses

The Open Championship is in full swing now and there is a lot of talk about returning to St. Andrews for its annual 5 year hosting. As far as I know there are certain courses that are Open worthy and they are on a fairly regular rotation with the exception being St. Andrews which gets to host...
  5. StLCardsFan

Really stupid rules question

I don't know what made me think of this, and it would probably never happen, but what if it did. I'm sure most everyone here has seen the video of the bird that came down, picked up a ball off the green, then dropped it into the lake (17 at Sawgrass perhaps?). Rule is simple, the player would...
  6. StLCardsFan

Question for the DIY folks: changing a deadbolt lock

The deadbolt lock for our backdoor has broken on us. This is something that isn't a huge expense and easy to fix. However, the bolt is engaged and it appears that the mechanism that slides it in and out is stripped out and it won't budge. Does anyone know of a way to get the bolt out? I...
  7. StLCardsFan

golf balls in a fire

A friend at work had his detached garage/workshop burn down a couple of weeks ago. He was telling me that he had 8-9 dozen golf balls stacked in a box. He only found 3 dozen that were intact. By all accounts, other than the top dozen being a little singed on the top of the box (nothing on the...
  8. StLCardsFan

Beginner course on driving range

Was looking at a local magazine and they had a short story (I.e. a paragraph, so not much info) about a local course, Twin Oaks CC. I guess what they've done is created a short (beginner) course within the confines of the driving range. During off hours, the range is easily converted to the...
  9. StLCardsFan

Course Rudeness

I went and played last weekend and the course was pretty full, so it was a bit slow. This particular course tends to get backup up until after the first par 5, #5. After that it gets spread out pretty good. On #2, a par 3, we had been waiting for the green to clear. I was playing the blues...
  10. StLCardsFan

range or practice green first?

Let me make a couple of assumptions before asking the question. 1. You have ample time to do what you want before you need to tee off. 2. The course is equipped with a great practice area that includes a full range, chipping green, putting green, etc., and you have unlimited balls. When you...
  11. StLCardsFan

Do you ever try and miss on purpose?

I was thinking about #9 at my regular course the other day. The hole is anywhere from 400 - 470 yards depending on what tees you play. About 200-270 off the tee, it has a slight dogleg to the right and the fairway narrows and a pond appears on the right side all the way to the green. There...
  12. StLCardsFan

Branson Creek Overview

I know some of you are coming in to play Branson Creek next week. Branson Creek is one of my favorite tracks in the area and as much as I would like to play next weekend, it just isn’t in the cards for me unfortunately. I have played it several times and thought I could share a little local...
  13. StLCardsFan

Do you always use the same game plan?

When you play a course you have played several times, do you approach it with the same game plan off the tee or do you make a decision each time (par 3s excluded)? For instance, at one course I play regularly, I will always hit hybrid off 1, 4, and 11. There is never any internal monologue...
  14. StLCardsFan

Springfield, MO demo day at Rivercut 5-4

I know there are a few of us that live in and around the Springfield area so I thought I would mention this since I heard about it yesterday. There is a big manufacture demo day at Rivercut this Saturday from 10-3. Mizuno, Taylor Made, Titleist, Callaway, Cleveland, Ping and maybe others...
  15. StLCardsFan

Walking: would you play more or less

I was having this discussion at work today. Simple question, would you play more or less golf, if carts were not available at all? A couple of assumptions you can make 1) all courses are 'walkable', meaning no huge distances between holes, and 2) push/pull carts are allowed so you don't have...
  16. StLCardsFan

Do you know who is in front of you?

I don't mean personally, but when you have a group you are following, do you make a mental note of what they are wearing at least? I was playing yesterday and my group got hit into on the 14th hole. It wasn't really a slow day, just pretty steady for the course. Sometimes you waited a bit...
  17. StLCardsFan

cell phones @ work

I just had a couple of random questions for those who use a cell phone (for business purposes) at their job. Does the company provide the device and air time and you pay nothing? Kind of like a desk, chair, or computer, you just get it when you start the job. Do you get to pick the device...
  18. StLCardsFan

Question for SeeMore users

I have been toying with the idea of getting a two sided blade putter. I am capable of putting left handed and there are a few putts that set up better to the eye from that side. I don't however, want to give up putting righty. I had been looking for modern versions of the old Bullseye putter...
  19. StLCardsFan

Most of the other message boards/forums I have visited or am a member of usually have an age poll. You don't have to comment just hit the poll option for your age.
  20. StLCardsFan

stadiums you've been to

My wife and I were at the mall last week and the sports memorabilia store had some stuff on display in the walkway. They had a nice selection of 8X10 stadium photos in frames. I was going through some of them and commenting that I had been here, and here, and there. I love stadiums and...
Back