Search results for query: *

1. Ryan555

Uniqlo

I was watching the tounrament coverage tonight and saw Adam Scott. I realized that his new look from Uniqlo is casual and looks really comfortable. Not much in the way of bright colors, but still looks nice. I got on their website and saw that they are fairly reasonably priced, especially when...
  2. Ryan555

High arch - spikeless shoes possible?

So, here's my situation. I have a high arch in my foot. So much so that I have to go to a specialty store just to get my regular athletic shoes. Add to that I have a 2E wide foot. Now, the width isn't so much a problem, but the arch is. I've been on the hunt for a pair of spikeless shoes for a...
  3. Ryan555

Gigantic Thank You to Callawaygolfpro

I just feel I need to post this out there. I've been playing for way too long to have never taken lessons before, but I was always one of those people who felt that they can do things better on their own. And for the most part, that's how I've done everything. So I ended the golf season last...
  4. Ryan555

Razr Fit 3 wood

First, if this is in the wrong forum, I apologize, please move to the proper one. So, tonight, I did a couple of things i had never done before. First, I tested out a fairway wood, and it was the first time I have ever swung a fairway wood with a graphite shaft. The other thing I did was to hit...
  5. Ryan555

FT-5 cracked?

So, I was on the practice tee today before my round and I was doing my normal - topping my driver, and looked down at it real quick between shots and noticed that there looked to be a crack on the bottom of my club. What do you guys think, is this an actual crack, or is the paint just chipped...
  6. Ryan555

Pull Hook

So, a year ago or so I posted in here having trouble with a push slice. I was told that my swing was too flat. Well, I spent several months working on getting my swing more upright. It worked, for a while. Earlier this year I was getting some of the best ballflight I ever had. It was about a 10...
  7. Ryan555

Cycling

So, I was at my father's house the other night and he showed me the new bike he bought. It was nothing fancy but he enjoyed it. I decided to hop on and to see if it's actually true "you never forget how to ride a bike" as it had been 20+ years since I had been on a bike. Well, it's true, you...
  8. Ryan555

Cub Scouts

So, I'm used to being one of, if not the only one, who went through Scouts. I started off in Tiger Cubs when I was in first grade and moved all the way through, becoming an Eagle Scout shortly before my 18th birthday. I was fully involved in everything from the beginning, earning as much as I...
  9. Ryan555

Older model fairways and hybrids

Looking to finally bridge the gap between my 3 wood and my 3 iron as well as get me a newer 3/3+/4 wood. I don't have the money to throw down on a new one, so I will be looking at closeouts, ebay and the likes. So what I'm looking for would be ideas on a deeper faced fairway wood that would be...
  10. Ryan555

On course snacks - Diabetic

I have recently been diagnosed as Diabetic, type 2. I have not been placed on insulin and am just trying to control it with diet and exercise. What I'm wanting to get some ideas on are on course snacks to help keep my BS up while I'm playing. I have discovered that activity does cause my suger...
  11. Ryan555

Go Back?

So, first a story then a question. Sorry if it's long-winded. Let me first preface this by saying that I am not a good player. In fact, I think I am the worst I personally know and play with. Now, about 5 years ago, I decided that I wanted to get some irons that were different from the...
  12. Ryan555

Drummers

Sean started a great thread listing top 5 guitarists. While going through and trying to compile my list, I realized that, while I listen to the music as a whole, I concentrate more on the drums than any other part of the music. I find this kinda funny as I was a singer at one point, but now, I...
  13. Ryan555

Ready to quit

My frustration has hit a point that I just can't handle anymore. I have been working on using my body to help square the clubface and striking down on the ball. I seem to be taking to it pretty well, at least, for my irons. My driver is what bothers me the most. Let me see if I can explain. I...
  14. Ryan555

Ummm, hi?

Checking in from KC here. I am the worst golfer I know, but I can't help it. It;s just so addictive, and, I've been told by many people, including my wife, that I have an addictive personality :banghead: Found this site looking for a review on a something, and after doing just a little bit of...
Back