Search results for query: *

1. mdbuschsr

FS: THP Shirts

I've lost about 30 pounds so none of my clothes fit anymore. These are the Antigua THP logoed shirts that were in the store a couple years ago. The picture isn't great but one is black and the other is hunter green. They are size XL, and both are in immaculate shape. $15 each shipped CONUS.
  2. mdbuschsr

Prayers of support

My family is having a rather rough end to the year. So, I'm asking that those of you that believe offer up some prayers on their behalf. My biological father passed away yesterday at 9:15 AM. Fortunately everyone was able to say their good byes, before he passed peacefully. My brother is on...
  3. mdbuschsr

On Course Music

I play 80+% of my rounds alone. Recently, I found that I really liked having some music going in the background to take my mind away between shots. I bought a little external set of speakers that my iPod plays through. The sound isn't great but it get's the job done, and I can keep the volume...
  4. mdbuschsr

FS: RH Mashie M1 & M3

Time to get rid of the Mashies. I would prefer to sell them together but I'll split them up (in a week or two) if I don't have any interest in the pair. Neither club has seen a great deal of use. They just do not match up well to my swing. So it's time to move on... $130 for the pair...
  5. mdbuschsr

Short game classes

I posted a little while back in the SCOR System Review thread that I found out about a series of short game classes at a range nearby my house. I called this morning and luckily for me there was still room in the 2:00 class available. The classes are Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. The...
  6. mdbuschsr

Different grips throughout your setup?

As I've read through many posts and different sources of information regarding grips, there is a pretty wide variety of opinions on grips. I want more feel, I want more grip. Playing in the rain or high humidity "requires" this grip. It's dry as a popcorn fart here, I don't need a cord grip...
  7. mdbuschsr

I QUIT...

Smoking. I have tried more times than I can count in the 20+ years I have been killing myself, and I'm finally done. I have a long and ugly road in front of me, so if I get short (no offense CL) with any of you forgive me. In the interest of full disclosure I am smoking a cigarette as I type...
  8. mdbuschsr

I need a new bag! Suggestions?

I am sick and freakin' tired of fighting to pull a club or replace it. So, it's time to pull the trigger on a much better quality bag than my current POS! If you are familiar with the vaunted value bag from GolfSmith that is TourTrek you know my pain. I either ride in a cart or use my...
  9. mdbuschsr

Mini Get Together, Picture & Video Thread

If another thread of this type exists please merge... I thought it could be cool to have a thread for pictures and videos from all of the various mini-THP outings that occur around the country/world. If you go out in a twosome or more of THP'ers and take pics or vid please post them up here...
  10. mdbuschsr

Psyched!!

I'm getting ready to leave for a round with my son, and my bleary eyed bride says "If you can wait a little while I was hoping to join you guys today." First round of the year for her, I'm excited, I love golfing as a family!
  11. mdbuschsr

Managed to help someone with their game.

I played on Friday with a friend of mine that is a horrid golfer. I have posted about him a couple times here. However, on Friday he asked for some help with his swing. I am definitely not a teaching professional, hell I'm not really even a good golfer yet. But I knew I could help him out...
  12. mdbuschsr

What's the difference?

I was shooting some video during a recent practice round. The clips below are from about 125-130 with a PW. First swing, was fat. Second swing I was 5 feet from the flag. So, what's the difference? How do I recreate swing two on a regular basis? kZ3WXMPHfqU Also, you'll notice that I'm...
  13. mdbuschsr

NC Tornados *** Everyone OK?

Here in the Raleigh and surrounding area we are getting hit with some tornados. Just wanted to check in with some of the locals and make sure everyone was OK.
  14. mdbuschsr

Satellite TV?

Do we have any satellite TV users? I'm considering making a change to Direct TV and I'm looking for opinions from those I know I can trust. If you use it, do you have any issues?
  15. mdbuschsr

When life gets you down...A HAPPY ending

TURN TO THP!!! Some time back I posted (whined) that life sucked pretty bad! The response that I received was overwhelming. To date I have met, in person, only one other member here. But that didn't matter. My plea for help was answered in spades. Not with money or other physical items...
  16. mdbuschsr

I OFFICIALLY got the job!

I got a call today that I passed the drug test and background test. I start on Monday! I made myself wait to call the outfit that I was subcontracting with. I didn't feel it was really right to do it that way, but my family comes first. So to try and counteract that guilt, and to not leave...
  17. mdbuschsr

A question of ethics

As many of you know, I have been offered and accepted a job pending a background check and drug test. Both of those were submitted to today and there is nothing in my history that makes me think either will be a problem. The vast majority of my current income comes via subcontract work through...
  18. mdbuschsr

Good news FINALLY!!! I GOT A NEW JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since you all were nice enough to let me rant in my previous thread here, I thought it important that I share my good news here as well. Pending a drug test (no worries) tomorrow, I have a new job. My family and I are very excited by this as it means a great deal of awesomeness coming down the...
  19. mdbuschsr

No news is NOT good news...

It's downright MADDENING!!!!!:angry::at-wits-end::banghead: I've been waiting for a decision from a potential employer for a little over two weeks now, and it just got pushed back again until Friday! I'm losing what little sanity I have very quickly. This is a company that I really REALLY...
  20. mdbuschsr

Refurb Clickgear 2.0

A while back someone posted that they got a refurbished Clickgear 2.0 push cart. I asked and that person posted a link to the refurb site, but like a dummy, I didn't bookmark it, and I con't remember what thread it was in now. Anyone have the link?
Back