Search results for query: *

1. Popeye

5 1/2 Hour Father's day Capt & Mate

First off, it was great to spend the day with my son..... But that was the most agonizing round of golf I can ever remember playing. A Capt & Mate should move rather quickly. Our playing partners acted like they were in the final round of the Open. The Son was 45 ish, and the dad was about 65...
  2. Popeye

BB&F Rant

I was pretty excited to find a ferrule that matches the Rapid Taper new paint job. Though this was my first time ordering from BB&F, everyone was raving about them. So up front, they immediately sent me a return postage stamp.. so thank you to BB&F. On the website was a picture of just what I...
  3. Popeye

Pre Shot Routines

In prep for a big tournament this year I shot a 73. Nect day on the same course I shot 83 and totally embarrassed myself. I couldn't reset myself after after a few bad shots and it got worse. I basically had no pre shot routine other than getting behind the ball, stepping in and firing. Almost...
  4. Popeye

FS: Epic Max, Ke4 10., TS2 FW 16.5, Sim 2 Ti 3

EVERYTHING IS SOLD.... Epic Max 9.0 with a Pro T6 TS. $275 Ke4 TC 10.0 with a Ventus Blue 6S $60 Titleist TS2 FW 16.5 Tensei S Sold TaylorMade Sim 2 Ti 3w Pro Tsl Ts the rubber on the bottom is a little dented. Sold TaylorMade Spider black double bend. 35" tired super stroke grip. $40 sold...
  5. Popeye

How I transformed my Stroke

Over the years my putting has always kept me back for being able to get over the hump. That hump was being a plus golfer. With my merchant mariner career I've always been away from the game for two weeks at a time. I could always keep my swing grooved and rarely had an issue with ball striking...
  6. Popeye

Griffin 4 prototype. AXE, Xcaliber

One of the factories that has long been making Xcaliber shafts.. no longer does. Wanso got hit by covid hard and reduced its work force. They are concentrating on ski poles. So a new factory is in order. Its a lesser known factory but thier work seemed good enough over all. Had a professional...
  7. Popeye

New Rapid Taper graphics

Some changes are in the very near future for the Xcaliber Rapid Taper shafts. The previous shafts met with very mixed thoughts on graphics. Not only that they were extremely expensive to produce with ion plating and graphics costing over $6 a shaft!!! Xcaliber as a name is also in Flux. AXE was...
  8. Popeye

RTW driver shaft prototype.

With the newest weight Xcaliber Rapid Taper iron shaft on it way to production, (Rti 105) the RTW program is moving as well. This is the 4th version and the extra length has certainly proven difficult to get right. The previous shafts were very heavy and lacked control, higher 70 g. The...
  9. Popeye

Xcaliber gets 1st Pro Win

A fitter over in Europe built an Avalon 6 TS for a young Amateur a few weeks before turning Pro. His story. I fitted a Good Amatuer ( +5) by the name of Jake Hapgood, just turned Pro into an Avalon 6 TS Flex, He was using a Project X Hand crafted X Flex In the Avalon his distance jumped from...
  10. Popeye

For Sale TaylorMade SIm TI 3 wood head only

SOLD. 15° head with adapter. Not much playing time. Can supply a shaft if needed. $135 Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
  11. Popeye

Desperate times.

When the TV in the work shop dies, you wheel a work station into the living room. Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
  12. Popeye

For Sale FWs and Hybrids

TM M2 Tour 3 15° Kuro Kage 70g S $90 shipped TM M2 Tour 3 HL 16.5° Graphite Designs Tour AD 6s $90 shipped Titleist TS2 16.5° Tensei 65 S 90 shipped Graphite Design Tour AD VR-5 S TM tip. 3w and 7w shafts. Lamkin players cord. $65 shipped Mizuno CLK 19° Speeder Evolution HB 75 R $65 shipped...
  13. Popeye

FS: Hogan PTx Pro / Rapid Taper 95g

SOLD...... 4-PW Hogan PTx Pro irons. Shafts are Rapid Taper 95g S flex,, black finish... only set ever made. No rings on shafts minimal graphics. Grips are Super Stroke Tour midsize. In fantastic shape. Clubs are in rotation so they are not played all the time. No issues If you know anything...
  14. Popeye

Rapid Taper Prototype RTi 105g

So after a lot of feedback and endless questions. A 105g version of the Rapid Taper is on its way. I'll have them in hand Friday and will test through the weekend. Pumped for this one to arrive. Most better players and a couple Pros who have hit the 95g have all asked for a 105g version. Even...
  15. Popeye

Xcaliber shafts Shipping Issues

Xcaliber will be haulting shipments while a new location is set up. Recent loss of key personnel has caused this change. Shipping we be from the east coast for now on. Hopefully this is completed in less than two weeks. If you have placed orders that have not shipped please PM me. Sent from...
  16. Popeye

Scoring blowup, good to bad.

This week I went to my local tract that I know very well. Everything was working. Perfect rhythm, rolling the putts, crushing the driver. Shot a 68. Next day playing at a much nicer, more difficult course but feeling my oats. Out of Rhythm, missing every putt, spraying the driver. Had some...
  17. Popeye

Trim code for Catalyst 75 6.0

Customer brought in some Project X Catalyst 75 6.0. I can hardly find ANY information on these shafts. Looking for trim codes. Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
  18. Popeye

Maltby PTM5

In continuation of the Pure Track Tour Milled line the PTM5 is a mallet/blade like head. Short face and a not very tall face either. It's a Japanese Carbon steel forging leaving it a footprint that is relatively small as a mallet. It reminds me a bit of the Queen Bee B6 head. My quest for a...
  19. Popeye

DONT SHIP USPS!!

In the past two months I had to file three grievances with undelivered packages. One just this week took two weeks to go from NY state to PA. Another package im waiting on has just gone missing as well. I have no idea what is going on but once I file a grievance the package mysteriously...
  20. Popeye

Doylestown Open

Is anyone else playing this Friday. Its been a long time since I've played in a big tournament like this. If i can keep a clear head i might do ok. Either way it will be great to be playing against serious players again. Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Back