Search results for query: *

1. weeicemon

I dismissed the Ping G425 driver series to hastily

Initially tried a 10.5 425 Max. Loved the way it set up, but it spun to much given my angle of attack and I moved in to a 9* TSi3 that was a great fit. I just tried a 9* 425 LST and had some of the best drives I have had in years. It feels plenty forgiving and just goes and goes. Can't believe I...
  2. weeicemon

Question re TSR3 vs TSI3: does it to a better job retaining ball speed on off-center hits?

I am very happy with the distance of my TSI3 when I hit it well, but would love a little more help avoiding loss of distance on less that perfect strikes. Is the TSR3 measurably better here?
  3. weeicemon

Anyone move from a TSi3 to a TSR2 seeking more forgiveness on off-center hits?

I love my TSi3, but am very intrigued by the idea of retaining more ball speed on off-center hits with the TSR2. Curious if anyone has been down this path and, if so, what did you find?
  4. weeicemon

Anyone have experience with the Bettinardi inovai 8 slant?

I tried one recently and love how balanced it feels. Curious about long time users. How is it after the honeymoon stage?
  5. weeicemon

If you play irons 1/4" shorter than a fitting recommends, what is the impact on performance?

Is there any meaningful difference? I am often gripping up or down depending on the shot. Curious how much of a difference a 1/4 inch makes in terms of actual performance and strike.
  6. weeicemon

Srixon ZX Mark II players: did you combo, and if so, how? Also curious if anyone came from T100S to Srixon

LOVE my T100S irons, but interested in a little more forgiveness, so looking at the ZX5 Mark II. Was debating blending the ZX4s in for the 5 and 6 irons, but would need to adjust lofts to minimize any large yardage gaps. How did you build your set? I’ve played Nippon 105s for a few years now...
  7. weeicemon

Would you pay to restore this Oil Can Scotty?

I’ve owned this one forever. Debating sending it in to get it cleaned up.
  8. weeicemon

Landmand is extraordinarily

Played it for the first time yesterday. Could not have loved it more. Will certainly be back. It’s on such a huge scale, it’s hard to describe. What a gem!
  9. weeicemon

Bag is set - and I shot my lersonal

Sorry - cannot figure out how to edit the title of the post. Shot my best ever round this morning. If I had just shot par on 16, I would have broken par for the round. My putting and short game made all the difference. Tee shots were just ok. I recently switched from T100S to I230s. I have...
  10. weeicemon

Went to get fitted - fitter helped me get my best results by just shortening my driver by 1/2

I have a TSi3 that I really like, but was curious if there were a few more yards in the latest models. The fitter had me try a few things. Biggest results came from trying a shaft 1/2 inch shorter, delofting the driver head, and setting it at C1 to help me fight tendency to go left. Resulted in...
  11. weeicemon

TSR drivers: better to loft up or down?

Has anyone seen guidance in this? Debating a 9 or 10 and occasionally like to adjust loft depending on my swing. Thoughts?
  12. weeicemon

Anyone else love this Lamkin/Ping PP60 putter grip?

I am surprised it's not offered for resale at golf shops. Every time I grab a putter with this grip, I love the feel.
  13. weeicemon

Favorite 4 hybrid?

Still looking for a fantastic 4 hybrid. Had the most luck with a Ping G400. Currently playing a Stealth and like it pretty well, but don’t love it. I’d take forgiveness and accuracy over distance. I need something super dependable that doesn’t have a left bias. What’s your favorite?
  14. weeicemon

How much does .25" make in a club fitting?

I was fit for irons and they said my 5 iron should be 38.25. I can grab a used set of irons I want to try, but they are at std length (38) for the 5 irons. Fitters - how much diff is that .25 inch going to make?
  15. weeicemon

Any low-mid handicappers using Ping G430 irons?

Would love to get feedback. I am more inclined to give the i230s a shot, but the g430s do intrigue me.
  16. weeicemon

2022 WITB ….and new bag

New Vessel bag for 2023. Love that it doesn’t look like a NASCAR car. Driver: Titleist TSi 3 3 wood: Taylormade Stealth (usually leave this out) 5 wood: Taylormade Stealth 7 wood: Taylormade Stealth 4 hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 5 iron: Titleist T200 (incoming) PW- 6: Titleist T100S w/ Nippon...
  17. weeicemon

Your favorite hybrid bag?

For most of my life, I only had stand bags, but when I started using an electric push cart, I switched to a Ping Pioneer. It's a great bag, but I do still wish I had one that would occasionally work as a stand bag. Curious if anyone has found that magic bag that does both.
  18. weeicemon

Would you be happy with these numbers?

I’m 55 and currently playing T100S irons. I really like them, but debate moving to something more forgiving like the G430s Here are numbers from my fitting.
  19. weeicemon

Lie angle question: Titleist to Ping

I was fit for Titleist T100S irons at 1/2” long and 1* flat. The normal lie for a 7 iron is 63* and the length is 37”. If I switch to a Ping with at 37” with a 62* lie angle, do I just order a black dot (std lie)?
Back