Search results for query: *

1. RecGolfer

Restoring Golf Courses to Green Spaces

The New York Times has an illustrated article today about golf courses that have been returned to their wild state, accompanied by curation to make a public green space out of them. Much less water is used, and no pesticides are used, encouraging the return of wildlife, and everybody gets to use...
  2. RecGolfer

Hand-Eye Coordination

How much do you rely on hand-eye coordination in your golf swing? With me, it's everything. If I swing at the ball, it's a crap shoot. But if I deliberately make the clubface hit the ball in just the right way I hit good shots much more consistently. To put it another way, I'm not an "it's a...
  3. RecGolfer

Look & Shoot Putting System

I just got a promo ad from GolfWRX for this. Do you know anything about it?
  4. RecGolfer

Cross Country on the Golf Course

Owners of The Mook at Alderbrook in Tillamook, Oregon (formally called Alderbrook Golf Course) have created a top-rank high school cross country course on the grounds. The goal is that The Mook XC Invitational will become an early season West Coast preview of the best teams and best runners in...
  5. RecGolfer

Have You Ever HIt Into the Wrong Green a New Course?

I played a course for the first time and hit a nice shot into the ninth green. When I got to the green and took out my putter, the other guys in my group were on a green right next to it looking at me kind of funny. Turns out they were on the ninth and I had hit into the 18th. Trysting Tree in...
  6. RecGolfer

Relaxing My Shoulders

I noticed a while ago that when I swing the club back, my shoulders lift up, putting tension in them. This makes it harder to keep my arms relaxed, and then my hands, and good luck with the clubhead. So I have been practicing to keep my shoulders as relaxed throughout the swing as they are at...
  7. RecGolfer

If This Had Been Last Week I would Have Stiffed It

How many times have you walked onto the green after hitting your approach from the fairway and found a scar on the green less than three feet from your ball where the pin used to be? How many times have you actually hit the ball from the fairway to less than three feet from the pin? Maddening...
  8. RecGolfer

Tiger In Trouble Again

More legal trouble with Erica Herman. https://www.golfdigest.com/story/tiger-woods-accused-of-sexual-harassment-by-ex-girlfriend-erica-herman
  9. RecGolfer

Par-3 17th hole

It just struck me that the five golf courses I play on all have a par-3 17th hole. How about where you play? Just curious.
  10. RecGolfer

Worst Breach of Etiquette

What is the worst breach of golf etiquette as you see it? One or two things, maybe. I would say walking in the line of someone else's putt. What would it be for you?
  11. RecGolfer

Seniors: Driver or Fairway Wood Off the Tee?

Have you switched to a fairway wood off the tee because your driver just wasn't getting it done anymore, or can you still put your driver out there? What are your thoughts on switching or not? I'm asking mainly those of you in your 70's.
  12. RecGolfer

What Did You Learn Today?

I think that more important than the score you shot it today is what you learned from the round that can help you play better the next time.
  13. RecGolfer

Comprehensive Method Books

Do you have a favorite comprehensive method book or two? Or three? These are books that cover the entire game: full swing, short shots, putting, playing the game, etc. I like John Jacobs's Practical Golf, Nick Faldo's A Swing for Life, and Toski and Flick's How To Become a Complete Golfer...
  14. RecGolfer

How Do You Hit the Ball Straight?

Do you have one or two go-to techniques that you rely on to hit the ball straight? If so,what are they?
  15. RecGolfer

Different limitations on the number of golf clubs

If the limitation on the number of clubs you could carry were reduced to 13, what would you take out? If it became 15, what would you add? I would take out my 3-wood / add a 1-iron (very good for punching out from underneath trees with low-hanging branches, and there might be a use for it around...
  16. RecGolfer

Dan Jenkins Speaks From the Grave About the LIV Tour

From Golf Digest. Hilarious.
  17. RecGolfer

Pro Shoots 55

Andrew Ruthkowski shot a 55 on a par-72 course in Michigan in a pre-qualifier for the John Deere Classic.
  18. RecGolfer

How to Play Golf in the Low 120's

How to Play Golf in the Low 120's, by Stephen Baker. This book has to be the funniest golf book ever published, and full of early 1960's production values that have never been matched.
  19. RecGolfer

Your Favorite Vampire Movies

Let me give you a few of my faves. What are yours? Let the Right One In A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night What We Do in the Shadows Lifeforce Count Dracula (1977, with Louis Jourdan as the Count)
  20. RecGolfer

The Mental Game of Golf in a Nutshell

The only thing that should be on your mind the moment before you take the club away is a feeling of enjoyment over what you are about to do.
Back