Search results for query: *

1. InTheRough

Cobra Cheatstick Black Friday Sale

For those who need a fairway finder, the Cobra 21 deg 4H Aerojet One Length Hybrid is on sale direct for $199 available in S or R shaft. Actually there's the 3, 4, and 5 Hybrids, but off the tee if you need a near guaranteed fairway finder, especially for higher handicap golfers, this is...
  2. InTheRough

TSR Hybrids Anyone?

Christmas is coming and I'm looking at my 7i with disdain again. I'm currently gaming the Ping G410 hybrids in 22 & 26. My 7i is 29.5 deg. Cobra F9 One Length. I tried the Ping G425 6H (30) but I tended to hit it right because the lie angle might be a little flat for me at that loft. I know...
  3. InTheRough

Stop the Doubles.... A Lou Stagner post.

Lou posted this chart on X today. My guess it's par 3s and approach shots from distances and the percent chance to have a double bogey from them (assuming everything had gone right). You hit the fairway on a par 4, you're X distance out. What are your chances for a double bogey.
  4. InTheRough

Getting Ready to Play From Baked Ground Around the Green?

There's a specialty shot for that.
  5. InTheRough

Scratch Golfers Avg. 72

So Lou posted this bomb today. I play from this distance as a 16 HC golfer and have trouble breaking 90. Now I know why. Any scratch golfers care to comment?
  6. InTheRough

Garbage on the golf course

Apparently we have someone who thinks because "it's organic" that they can just toss orange peels all over the place.... on the fairway. Now if I remember that trash is considered a moveable object, but these things like apples and banana peels are considered "natural" and thus are considered...
  7. InTheRough

Green fees

So I went to make reservations to play on Friday and green fees went up again. They went up $6 in May which is likely seasonal, and went up another $2 today. This is a public course. My guess is that we'll start seeing more tee times open up. A local restaurant tried raising prices like this...
  8. InTheRough

Worst shot of the round

We have a thread for the best shot of the round. We had one for this. I looked for it but couldn't find it. I'll start. Tuesday I think I hit my worst shot ever, and this includes the shanked approach on the 18th hole. And it includes the first tee shot I ever hit. This gem was on the 13th...
  9. InTheRough

Laundry hack - stains

So you're eating fried chicken for example and a little bit of the fat squirts out and gets on your shirt and essentially ruins it. You use some kind of stain remover before you wash it but it never completely comes out. After doing laundry for 50 years and trying just about everything I finally...
  10. InTheRough

Tipping.... it's getting ridiculous

I'm getting tired of it. Go.
  11. InTheRough

GreenBooks but not Slope?

So you can buy a GreenBook from GolfLogix which gives the elevations on every hole, heat maps for greens, direction for north, slope of the ground throughout the hole, of course yardages of all the hazards and penalty areas with their elevations and distances from the different tee boxes. All...
  12. InTheRough

The Official 2023 Weight Loss & Fitness Thread

I know it's just December 2022, but it's too late for me to get in on the act for 2022 so I'm starting 2023 a month early. Having turned 70 in October and reading about celebrities my age dropping dead, I've decided to get my fat butt in shape. I watched some old videos of my golf swing back in...
  13. InTheRough

Wedges - It's getting time. And they're expensive

I've looked at the prices of new wedges and wow, have they gone up. I remember the days when a Vokey wedge was $125 and it wasn't that long ago. Now they're $200. Jaws and TM are $180. I'm on a budget - like Social Security and before anyone says Bombtech or Kirkland.... It's getting time for...
  14. InTheRough

Bunkers

I've practiced in bunkers. I've put in the time. I can get out of an 8' deep pot bunker where there is not a single level lie 13 out of 15 times the first try. I practice out of them at the driving range. But I cannot get out of them on the golf course. I've gone to the driving range on the golf...
  15. InTheRough

Recommend me a decent soundbar for TV

The woofer for my soundbar gave up the ghost. So I bought a new one from Costco. A Sony 2.1 since I have a small house and only need a woofer and something that sounds better than the crap speaker in my TV. This piece of junk only lasted two weeks. The woofer no longer makes the bluetooth...
  16. InTheRough

The Driver is the Bane of Amateur Golfers w/ Over 14 HC

Change My Mind. I hit 35% fairways with my driver. I end up with 2 penalty strokes once a round + a few positioning shots after errant tee shots. Of course there are some tee shots that end up in the rough a couple to a few yds off the fairway. But there are around 40% that end up 20 yds...
  17. InTheRough

Approach Shots

This is something on which I've been working hard. It involves knowing carry distances of clubs. Granted that I'm not playing the longest tees in the world. Shot Scope has a feature where you can look at how you're doing on your approach shots. I consider most of my approach shots to be from 100...
  18. InTheRough

Chipping woes

Given my craptastic round of 105 yesterday that starred 4 chipping for triple bogey. Double chunks because my wedge got stuck in the grass. And short flop shots because I needed to put more gas behind the shot. Not even my chipper was working. I solved the problem midway through the back 9 when...
  19. InTheRough

Green maintenance - thought this would be interesting.

Ran across this in my Youtube feed this morning. Thought you guys would be interested. I remember about 10 years ago we'd see the big punches and heavy sand jobs, but I haven't seen them in the past few years except on the small muni courses. I haven't seen the heavy sand on the long...
  20. InTheRough

Okay Week, I'm done with you

I had a lousy round of golf on Tuesday. I was in the ER with food poisoning on Wednesday and after I was discharged I had to go to the pharmacy. The meds they gave me in the ER did nothing. I had an accident in the pharmacy picking up my prescriptions because the bathroom was locked. Locked...
Back