Search results for query: *

1. glenncal1

How long for a 3 shot par 5

You are a course designer and need to make a par 5 that is level and straight. You want to make sure even the PGA pros have to make it a 3 shot hole. How long does the hole have to be? There are plenty of guys that hit it ~325 and almost 300 with three woods. Do you have to create the first 700...
  2. glenncal1

Langer's new driver

What is the new driver Langer is playing?
  3. glenncal1

Two Thumbs Up for Callaway Preowned and XR16 7w

As I stated in another thread I decided to get rid of my Hybrids and go to a 7 Wood. I have XR16 3+ and 4 woods so I decided to get and XR16 7w. I ordered the club Saturday nite in very good condition. I received the club Wednesday afternoon and the head had never been hit (was not in plastic...
  4. glenncal1

I am done with Hybrids

I can not get consistent results with them, I know it is me not the club but I just hit fwy woods better so I ordered a XR16 7 wood from Callaway preowned and am getting the hybrids out of the bag. I have the XR16 3+ and 4 woods and love them. Bye bye hybrids you will not be missed by me.
  5. glenncal1

FS: Taylormade M1 3 Hybrid $135

Taylormade M1 3 Hybrid 19' loft, men's regular flex shaft, new Lamkin Crossline oversize grip. Some wear on club bottom and face. No nicks on crown, no marks on shaft. Adjustable loft. Includes headcover. In Denver area will ship. $sold
  6. glenncal1

@#$%&* Hybrid

Had a decent round today spoiled by the fact that I couldn't hit my hybrid to save my life. Taylormade SLDR 4h that I normally hit an easy 185-195. Today, thin, a slice, a *&%$. Cost me at least 5 or 6 shots. It is a very easy club to hit. Rant off, but you guys understand.
  7. glenncal1

Does Taylormade Pay Everyone

Lots of M1 and M2 drivers and fwoods on all the tours. Does TM pay all the pros to play their equipment? If so how much do you think they lay out each year for the sponsorships?
  8. glenncal1

Callaway XR16 3+ vs. 3

Hello- currently using a 14' Taylormade SLDR mini-driver as a 3 wood substitute. I added a XR16 4 wood to the bag a really like and hit it well (most of the time). Thinking about going to the XR16 3+ (which is 14 deg.) that would give me a 3 deg. gap between the 3 and 4 woods. Anyone have any...
  9. glenncal1

Callaway XR 16 4 Wood, Sweet

After hitting one at Golfsmith and liking it I purchased one and got it to the range yesterday. What a sweet club and long. The 4 wood is 17' loft and the shaft is 43". On solid hits I was getting 220-230 carry with the club. That is good distance for a 60 year old hacker. Nice high ball flight...
  10. glenncal1

Big John Heading to the Seniors Tour

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/11/john-daly-is-turning-50-soon-and-the-champions-tour-is-so-excited
  11. glenncal1

Old Joke, New Graphics

One day a man decided to retire... He booked himself on a Caribbean cruise and proceeded to have the time of his life, that is, until the ship sank. He soon found himself on an island with no other people, no supplies, nothing, only bananas and coconuts. After about...
  12. glenncal1

Del Mar area week of October 24-31

The by then wife and I will be staying in Delmar for the week above. Looking for recommendations on reasonably prices golf in the area (will have a car), not looking for $200 green fees. May try to get on Torrey Pins North, but looking for another course or 2. Thanks
  13. glenncal1

Don't get Hot and in a Hurry to Finish

Number 18, 150 par 3, playing about 140. OK 8 iron. It is currently about 95, no wind, there is cold beer just beyond the green. Make a great swing, hit ball solid, it flies the pin, the far side of the green and lands about 8 yards off the green (right over the pin). I say to myself and...
  14. glenncal1

Defeated Nemisis Hole this Weekend

It isn't that hard of a hole. Par 3 generally plays about 150 from the tees I use. You have to carry the ball about 135 over a small lake but there is plenty of green and area around the green to play the shot (definitely no #17 at TPC). The past 4-5 times I have played this hole the results...
  15. glenncal1

Colorado Members- Anyone Played Ravenna

Was on Golf with Altitude last nite, looks like a tough track.
  16. glenncal1

Air show at the Driving Range

Went to the driving range yesterday afternoon at Saddlerock golf course in Aurora, CO. The course is about 6 miles south of Buckley AFB where the Thunderbirds are based out of for this weekend. They are doing a couple airshows Saturday and Sunday. Yesterday they did a show in Colorado Springs...
  17. glenncal1

Successful shaft transplant

Since returning to golf recently I have had a hard time finding a driver I could hit. After some success using my fiance's TM Burner I decided to try and build something similar. I purchased a used TM R1 because I wanted alot of adjustment options. I purchased a Grafalloy Platinum shaft (with...
  18. glenncal1

I have drank the Taylormade Koolaid

I didn't even realize it until looking at the forum today. I am just getting back into golf after about a 5 year layoff do to injuries, life etc. It started out innocently enough, was in Golfsmith trying different putters and really liked the Taylormade spider. Sip 1. Started reading about the...
  19. glenncal1

Hitting a hybrid video

I thought this was a good video for hitting hybrids: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NRRhXUyWRo
Back