Search results for query: *

1. Rebel4life

Which club type changes the least in your bag?

I'm always tinkering with my club mix. The one club that hasn't changed in years is my Evnroll Er5. I love the gravity grip on it, and don't really see changing to another putter anytime soon.
  2. Rebel4life

Is there a club in your bag that has seen some “resurgence” lately..?

I put my Cobra Biocell 5 hybrid back in my bag because my Mizuno CLK started becoming a hook monster. Why did I ever take 'ole blue' out of my bag in the 1st place? Consistently straight and I always seem to get 165-170 out of it, like clockwork.
  3. Rebel4life

How many rounds to determine if forgiveness if working for you?

I used to be very impatient with new irons. If after 2-3 rounds I wasn't seeing noticeable improvement, I would move on. Then I bought my Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metals (I was fit for them). They were shafted with Recoil 95's, F3. I could tell during the 1st round with them that they fit my swing...
  4. Rebel4life

Non-OEM head covers

My 1st non-oem headcover was the gopher from Daphne. It lasted several years until I laid it down while cleaning my clubs. My dog got hold of it and that was all she wrote, as they say. :ROFLMAO:
  5. Rebel4life

Stitch Golf SL2 Air Walker Review

Very well done review. While this is not my preferred style of bag, I can definitely see the appeal. I would even consider buying one just to use as a range bag.
  6. Rebel4life

Cobra Darkspeed irons

I like the badging.
  7. Rebel4life

Ben Hogan Player's Combo Set

I have a set, but my abilities don't quite match the sticks.
  8. Rebel4life

What’s worse?

For those who are self-righteously anti-iron headcovers,do you remove the headcovers off your driver, fairway woods, hybrids, and putter before every round? If it's a pace of play issue, why not? On the other hand, they're your clubs. Who am I to dictate what you do with them, no matter how...
  9. Rebel4life

Re-gripping tips

I found that when using compressed air it helps me to gently twist the old grip back and forth until the tape releases. Then the old grip slides right off. Works great if you're trying to preserve the existing grips.
  10. Rebel4life

14way divider? Why do you hate them? Or like them?

Golf bags are my guilty pleasure, similar to my wife's fascination with handbags and shoes. Currently, I own 9, of which 4 are 14-way divider cart bags, with 3 Q-12 Benningtons, and 2 15-way dividers. All 9 have full-length dividers. I like that my clubs stay organized and the grips don't...
  11. Rebel4life

How often do you try a new putter grip?

Rarely. Once I started putting with an Evnroll Gravity Grip, I was hooked.
  12. Rebel4life

Bag pricing. What’s comfortable.

Anything over $300 gives me pause, though I would consider more if the bag was very special.
  13. Rebel4life

Do you play a 3W?

Depends on the time of year, usually. During the summer, my Mizuno ST-190 5-wood is the only fairway wood I carry as it provides plenty of distance on the course I primarily play. In the winter, I typically put it's 3-wood mate back in my bag. Right now, I'm hitting my 5-wood basically as far as...
  14. Rebel4life

What golf bag are you using right now?

Bennington QO-12 cart bag
  15. Rebel4life

Have you ever been fit for lie angle?

I've been fit for lie several times. 1° flat for me.
  16. Rebel4life

Last time you were truly surprised by a new club?

This is going to sound odd. The last club to truly surprise me is my Callaway Apex AW. For the last several years, I've been losing distance with any AW or GW I tried. I used to hit my AW 105 yards consistently, but got it into my head those days were gone. As soon as I bought my Apex set, I...
  17. Rebel4life

What "handheld" or "pocket" GPS have you had good luck with? Thank you!

Bushnell Phantom. Inexpensive, small but easy to read. Accurate. I've had mine for years and love it.
  18. Rebel4life

Go ahead, make fun, laugh at me…….but I love these irons!

I played with those for a couple of years. Shot some really good (for me) rounds with them. I always regret having sold them.
  19. Rebel4life

Sun Mountain C130

Getting a lightly used C-130 for $125 is very good, IMHO. Congratulations.
  20. Rebel4life

How would you rate this gapping?

I'd consider adding a 4 or 5 iron (or hybrid), but that's just me.
Back