Search results for query: *

1. Rebel4life

Counting Putting Strokes

If this is a worn out topic, I apologize ahead of time. Recently, I've become more concerned about tracking my performance so that I can better focus my improvement efforts. One area that I've dithered back and forth on is counting my putting strokes. Here's my question: what is the "proper"...
  2. Rebel4life

New Review of Bennington QO-12 Cart Bag

The Bennington QO-12 Cart Bag has been around for some time now, but the lastest THP review thread that I could find was posted 8 years ago. My 3rd QO-12 arrived today so I thought I'd start a new review thread. I've been inspired by the excellent review of the Bag Boy Revolver being conducted...
  3. Rebel4life

Do you use different grips on woods vs irons?

In my search to find grips similar to but longer lasting than Winn Dri-Tacs, another thought came to mind. Does anyone here use a different grip on their driver or woods than the grips on their irons? If so, why? I typically like consistency, but I'm also open to suggestions that improve my game.
  4. Rebel4life

Probably an old question about grips

I know this has probably been asked before, but here goes. A couple of years ago, I switched from GP MCC's to Winn Dri-Tacs because they feel better on my hands.. I really love the feel and tackiness of the Dri-Tacs but don't like how quickly they wear out. Is there a similar grip to the...
  5. Rebel4life

New Ping & Sun Mountain Cart Bags?

I'm itching to replace my cart bag because ... well, just because. I love my Ping Pioneer but Ping's website only lists 1 color option available. I've considered a Sun Moutain C-130, but they seem to be out of many of their colors. I've wondered if this was due to Covid caused shortages, or are...
  6. Rebel4life

Golf ball paralysis

At the beginning of this year, I was convinced I had settled on the Taylormade Project (a) as my gamer. I like the ball flight, and how it feels coming off my putter. My only complaint is that given my swing and the greens at my club, it tends to run out a bit too much if my shot actually lands...
  7. Rebel4life

Rebel4life - WITB

Now that I've received all my Mizunos, and have had a chance to clean them after a few rounds, I guess it's time to show what's in my bag this year. Everything, including the bag, is new this year except the putter. The jury is still out deciding whether it will get replaced. Sent from my...
  8. Rebel4life

Golf App Suggestions for Samsung Watch?

I have a Samsung Watch that I wear even when I play golf. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good golf app for this watch? I have The Grint on my phone, as well as Hole 19 (that I've never used), but I'd prefer to not have to rely on my phone. It's probably to much to ask for a swing...
  9. Rebel4life

Mizuno ST190 vs. Ping G400 Max Conundrum

At my Club Champion fitting last Friday, the fitter recommended that I still with my Ping G-30, but that was not comparing it to the ST190 nor the G400 Max (neither of which I got to hit). I've read great things about the G400 Max here and elsewhere, and am opening to buying one. On Saturday...
  10. Rebel4life

Alphard Duo Cart ... Any new updates?

Perhaps this is not the best subject for my first ever thread post. However, I'm considering replacing my current cart bag, and have been reading old reviews of the Alphard Duo cart/bag combo (and yes, I've re-read Hawk's excellent review several times). Alphard's website is still up and...
  11. Rebel4life

New user from Alabama

Greetings to all! I've visited the site a couple of times and I've liked what I've seen, so I decided to join my fellow hackers. My uncle introduced me to the game when I was 8 (almost half a century ago .. Ouch). However, I didn't really start to play the game in earnest until 2007. Got down to...
Back