Search results for query: *

1. doc53

Here we go!

About 50 here today in Iowa, calm winds and sunny. Courses in town are still closed, but I walked over to the Muni across the street and hit a dozen 5-irons in the out-of-the-way area closest to me. First balls hit in 5 months. So enjoyable; nostalgic really, to my youth.
  2. doc53

Blessing in disguise?

Recently had an injury that may turn out to be a blessing. Some background info first. I am 67, have worn the same clothing sizes my entire adult life, moderately active. I played a lot of junior golf, state champion, college golf in the old Big 8 Conference. I quit golf at age 25 and just...
  3. doc53

My best round ever?

My club had raised cups up until about a week ago (now have foam noodle insert in normal cup) when I played one of my best rounds. I tripled the first (trees and a three-putt) and bogeyed the 5th after drive found pond by green. But I had 11 birdies on the other 16 holes. And my holed putts were...
  4. doc53

Shot my age today

I birdied the last hole for a 66 today (par 71). I turned 66 in June. I was 2 over after 5 with a penalty on the 5th. Chipped in for eagle 2 on 6th and then went 4 more under on next 5 holes before getting stuck on pars until the 18th. This was my major goal after starting to play golf again...
  5. doc53

Different golf "games" as a younster

When I was learning to play, say from age 10-16, my friends and I pretty much had the course to ourselves each weekday morning. We would often make up new holes or play to or around certain obstacles...anything to get out of the routine. One game we played was to play two balls, one normal and...
  6. doc53

New member from Iowa (but have lived in Ky for last 33 years)

Born and raised in Iowa; played a lot of golf there in 60's and early 70's. Plan on moving back to Iowa soon after retiring to play golf there again for the rest of my days. Can't wait! Glad to be here to "catch up" on current state of the game; I have been away from golf for quite a while.
Back