Search results for query: *

1. jt2929

Travelling to Fort Worth, TX

I'll be headed to Fort Worth for work December 1-3 and am looking for ideas on what to do around that area. Golf won't be an option since I'll be with a co-worker. We won't get out of work until 5:00, so activities have to be after that. Too bad my Cowboys aren't playing a Thursday night game...
  2. jt2929

Augusta and Growing the Game

Last week I heard a lot about Augusta's efforts to grow the game and started wondering if it was really working. Are kids or potentially new players listening to stuffy old rich guys? Is it a bit backwards that they want more people to play golf, just not at their course? It's like they are...
  3. jt2929

My Journey to the 2012 NYC Marathon

I've decided to run a marathon and figured I would share my journey with everyone on THP. It's not just any marathon though, it's the New York City marathon on 11/4/12. If you are going to run, why not run through the greatest city in the world? I'm pretty much starting from scratch. I have been...
  4. jt2929

Linthicum, MD Area

I'll be in Linthicum, MD for work June 24-28. Any THPers in the area that want to get in a round or that can recommend a course?
  5. jt2929

WTB: 48" Driver Shaft

I'm looking for a 48" driver shaft to play around with. Must be stiff flex, but i'm open to anything else. It's also a plus if it has a TM adapter installed.
  6. jt2929

FS: TaylorMade R11S R Flex

Hey everyone. I'm selling my 9* TaylorMade R11S with the Aldila RIP Phenom shaft in R flex. It has 8-10 rounds on it and is in fantastic shape. There is normal wear on the face and no sky marks or anything like that. The grip and headcover are both like new. It will come with the tool as well...
  7. jt2929

Survivor Audition Video

I've been a Survivor fan for a while now and my wife has always said I would be good at it. I finally decided to at least send in an audition video. I have a few ideas, but i'm looking for more. I've never done anything like this before and it is totally out of character for me, so any input is...
  8. jt2929

FS: TM Aldila Rip Beta 70 Stiff

I have an R11TP Aldila Rip Beta 70 shaft in stiff flex. I played it in my R11S, but it just isn't the right shaft for me. It has a brand new blue VDR grip on it even though it doesn't show it in the pics. I'd like to get SOLD shipped, but please make offers. I need to move this fast.
  9. jt2929

FS: RH Nike VR Full Cavity 4-PW

I'm selling my set of Nike VR Full Cavity irons due to some medical bills that recently came in. They have been used for about 1/2 a season and are in fantastic shape. They are standard L/L/L with stock grips and DGHL R300 shafts. There is a small scuff on the bottom of the 7 iron, but that is...
  10. jt2929

Interview Time

Well, I have an interview in about an hour for the job I was laid off from last year. I know the job like the back of my hand and am pretty much fully trained with the exception of a few changes to policies/procedures since I left. I'm thinking it's a no-brainer for them as they will be getting...
  11. jt2929

Detachable Face Driver

I just got this in my email from Golf Logix for a DnA Golf driver: What do you guys think? Supposedly it is conforming, but I don't like the idea of the face not being a solid part of the club. I don't get how it would lead to more distance either.
  12. jt2929

PING Scottsdale Wolverine Review

Since I haven't had any bites on my putter, I decided to give it a shot during my league last night. I came away VERY surpised, and some of you may too. The Scottsdale line has a thermoplastic elastomer face insert and comes in a variety of shapes and sizes. I tested the Wolverine, which is face...
  13. jt2929

FS: PING Scottsdale Wolverine Putter

I have a PING Scottsdale Wolverine putter for sale. Since my Gambler was returned, this needs to go so I can start reassembling my bag. It is 34" and standard loft and lie. I can cut it down if need be and put a new golf pride grip on. I'd like to get $110 shipped CONUS for it, but will...
  14. jt2929

FS: Birdie Ball Putting Mat

Traded!
  15. jt2929

Thief Strikes Again

So a buddy and I went out this morning for a round of 18 at our usual course. We got done with the front 9 and stopped at the clubhouse for a few drinks and to use the restroom. After having my driver stolen earlier this year, I was sure to park in front of the windows where the cart was visible...
  16. jt2929

Any landscapers here? (retaining wall question)

So we had a big storm last night and half of our rock/concrete retaining wall collapsed. It's about a 10ft long by 4ft high section. We are trying to decide on replacing it or letting it go into a nice slope and plant grass so we don't have the fear of kids falling over the edge. Does anyone...
  17. jt2929

Stolen Equipment

Well I just got back from my first outing at my local course today. We only played 9 because it was raining buckets at the turn. The best part of the day was before the round though. We dropped our bags outside of the clubhouse as usual and went in to pay for our rounds. We were in there maybe 5...
  18. jt2929

Bushnell Yardage Pro XGC+

Does anyone have any experience with this device? I have read JB's review on the XCG, but what is the difference between the two devices? It says that no membership is required, but when i go to igolf.com, there are free and premium memberships, so what is the deal with that? Any help is...
  19. jt2929

Future TOUR player here...

...well, not really, but I can dream can't I? I just wanted to introduce Dylan Thomas Gregory to his extended THP family. He was born 3 weeks ago, 7 lbs 4 oz, 20.75 inches long. My wife was in labor for all of 2 hours, so we got really lucky. I can't wait to buy him his first set of clubs...
  20. jt2929

How do YOU shape your shots?

My natural shot shape is a fade of 10 yards or so. I can only hit a draw with my hybrids, and not very consistently. I have seen 2 schools of thought on how to shape shots. 1. change your swing path 2. open or close your clubface, but keep the same swing So my question is, how do you guys do...
Back