Search results for query: *

1. MWard

Toulon Teaser

A new putter coming from Toulon here soon, per their email. The sole of Small Batch Texas features six icons – each honoring one of the many legends of Texas golf. The Hawk, a Lord, an author, a prankster, a three-time winner of the green jacket, and another recently departed Masters...
  2. MWard

Wardy vs Mini Tour Pro

Bumping this, playing my course today with a mini tour young lady who has an event at my course tomorrow. I’m her practice round host 🤭 She’s a… I have no idea. I’m at a sketchy 5.5. If her stats are correct, she hits it about 255-260. I’m hoping to stay within 8-10 of her.
  3. MWard

Jackie Burke 1/29/1913-1-19/2024

10 days shy of his 101st birthday, Masters Champion Jackie Burke passed away today. Came back from 8 strokes back in the final round to beat Ken Venturi!
  4. MWard

What are you shooting?

One of the harder rounds I’ve ever played. 7557, CPO, and maybe 60 degrees. It’s relatively open off the tee, minus a few holes where you have to just hit a shot. Greens are receptive, and rolling at about 10.5 at best. How do you think you’re shooting?
  5. MWard

Would you trust a 15 handicap caddie?

The question was asked by a friend when it comes to taking a caddie. Would you take the advice of a 15 handicap? My answer was it solely depends on how long they’ve worked at that course. Less than 3 years? That’s a bit of a tough call, cause they’re probably not working every day. 20+ years...
  6. MWard

Spanish Bay live round

Okay this is a partial lie, as it was pouring rain during the round and I was avoiding water as much as possible. At 56 degrees, rainy, and 15-25mph winds, this wasn’t exactly a fun chamber of commerce day. That being said.. we don’t quit at halftime ma’am. Welcome to the Monterey Peninsula in...
  7. MWard

RIP Kathy Whitworth

Kathy Whitworth, a legendary golfer who won a record 88 times, has died, the organization and her partner announced Sunday. She was 83. She was one of the greatest LPGA players to ever live and still holds the wins record at 88. She won the scoring record 7 times in her career. You think about...
  8. MWard

THP experiences are truly the best deals around

What did y’all pay who got into the Mizuno event again?
  9. MWard

What are some solutions to difficult shots?

Getting away from all the bad food takes… What are some shots that are difficult for most, but you are somewhat competent in playing? For me, I’m somewhat competent out of a greenside bunker. It’s all about good rhythm, tempo, and being confident in your shot even if you have no idea what...
  10. MWard

Rest In Peace, Queen Elizabeth

11. MWard

Why do we game the clubs we do: Staff edition

I thought this might be a fun post for those of you who don’t always have time to follow what is in the bag of our staff writers and those on THP staff. This might be even more fun for our equipment reviewers, because their bags may change more often than most. In case you haven’t spent much...
  12. MWard

Rest In Peace Pat Carroll

You may not know the name, but I would bet your wife and daughters (if applicable) know the voice. She won an Emmy and Grammy in her younger days, but was probably best known for her 1989 role in this movie about a mermaid and a sea witch. I guess it was somewhat popular amongst children. The...
  13. MWard

2023 Masters Applications now live

Let the road to the rejection unlike any other begin!
  14. MWard

Happy Mothers Day ladies of THP

Whether you’re a forum member or the spouse of one. Happy Mothers Day!
  15. MWard

2022 Valspar Championship winner Sam Burns WITB

Here's what Sam Burns has in the bag this week: Rogue ST Triple Diamond Driver (10.5°) - Fuji Ventus Blue 7X Shaft MAVRIK Sub Zero Fairway Wood (17°) - Fujikura Ventus Black 8X Shaft Apex UW (21°) - Fujikura Atmos Blue Hybrid 8X Shaft Apex TCB Irons (4-AW) - True Temper Project X 6.5 Shafts...
  16. MWard

Local golf course you can’t stand

I was talking with a buddy of mine today who asked if I wanted to play golf this weekend so I asked where. He mentioned a course very close to me that I just absolutely hate with a fiery passion. I would rather set the money on fire then spend four hours at that course. It got me thinking, are...
  17. MWard

Hall of Fame, who should be in?

Listening to the radio while driving (totally not foruming though..) and a hard question is being debated: who isn’t in that should be? Who has a strong record, but won’t get in? There’s always been a low key kinda rule of thumb that if you win twenty times and a major, that’ll probably get you...
  18. MWard

Pasatiempo golf course

Designed in the late 20’s by Dr Alister Mackenzie, of Cypress Point and Augusta National fame. This famed design is one of the very few public courses he ever did in the United States. Here we are on hole one!
  19. MWard

Streamsong building a fourth course

Streamsong is pleased to announce the addition of a fourth golf course to its award-winning slate of golf offerings. The iconic design team of Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw (Coore & Crenshaw Design) are partnering with Streamsong once again to create the newest venue, a short course, within a...
  20. MWard

Rest in Peace, Tim Rosaforte

Long time golf writer Tim Rosaforte passed away today at the age of 66, after a long battle with Alzheimer's Disease. One of the best golf insiders there ever was.
Back