Search results for query: *

1. Colt

Most overused term in Golf marketing?

I voted Tour. Using “Tour” at all is overusing it IMHO. What is “Tour”? Tour pros use all sorts of stuff, most of it easily accessible by anyone.
  2. Colt

A bad case of hosel rockets...

Any time my body turn gets too quick and open, I start smacking them off the toe. It’s not something I can fix on the course, so I just set up with the ball on my hosel. Back to hitting them flush with just a little push that i account for with alignment. I wouldn’t suggest lining up on the...
  3. Colt

Swing weight tolerances.

Swing weight can certainly throw tempo off for anyone. But I think total weight is an even bigger issue. But you can’t always categorize need for, or sensitivity to feel, weights or forgiveness by “handicaps”. I’m not a low capper. But I strike my irons and driver very well. I play too...
  4. Colt

Sliding during the downswing

Looking back at what I said, I don’t see any mention of a stack and tilt swing. What I mentioned was him stacking up on his left side in his backswing in his later years. This one small detail of his backswing doesn’t make it a stack and tilt and I never claimed such. He just put himself on his...
  5. Colt

Sliding during the downswing

Early Hogan definitely had a slide. Late Hogan started stacking on his left foot in his backswing. Effectively building his downswing slide into his backswing. The others. You’re right. I don’t slide. It’s bad for my swing. But Hogan definitely had a slide at one point.
  6. Colt

64 Degree Wedge: Yes or No?

I’ve tried one. I’d never use it for anything other than popping it up high over a hill or an obstacle to stick it close to a short sided pin. And honestly, I’m more successful in doing that with an opened up 58* or 60*. So no. Im good on the 64.
  7. Colt

Missing putts above the hole?

Don’t forget the other, less talked about evil of the low side. When you’re flirting with the edge of the cup on a putt, way more often than not the high side likes to drop in and the low side likes to lip out.
  8. Colt

Clubs you wish didn’t work so well for you?

Cobra Bio Cell+ with Proforce V2. It’s an older driver with an old, boring shaft that just won’t quit hitting mid/high trajectory lasers. I really want a sexy new driver, but I see no need.
  9. Colt

Hype that was confirmed for you?

The biggest one for me is an oldie but goodie. That Cleveland MASHIE was nothing to sneeze at. I miss that club. :cry:
  10. Colt

Your Current Wedges

Cleveland Mack Daddy 2 52*, 56*, 60*.I honestly don’t know why I still have them. Worst wedges I’ve ever bagged. Zero confidence over them. Spin is as inconsistent as I’ve ever seen.
  11. Colt

One Club Between Driver and Irons?

Just letting go and accepting that you’re gonna play the one club you have is a surprisingly effective stress reducer.
  12. Colt

Titleist Vokey SM8 Wedges

The best run of wedge play I ever had was using Vokey SM4’s. Of course as a self admitted club h**, I traded them in on what we’re a decent set in the Ping Glide wedges. The worst set of wedges I’ve ever bagged are the current Callaway Mack Daddy 2 that I’m gaming. Might be time for me to go...
  13. Colt

Callaway Releases Big Bertha B21 Driver

So from what you can tell, would I be able to set it neutral and deloft a 10.5 to 9.5 and maybe get it a degree or so open?
  14. Colt

I need to just check one out in person and get a store employee to let me set a 10.5 to 9.5 to see how it looks. It just looked pretty closed to me on their website pics and the couple of YouTube reviews I’ve watched both mentioned it sitting closed at address. The numbers don’t lie, though...
  15. Colt

You were the last one to post on here, so you get my question. Can this driver be set to a square (not closed), or slightly open face angle? I need a new driver and this one is very interesting to me. But I don’t fight a slice at all. My stock shot is about a 15-25 yard draw off the tee. So the...
  16. Colt

Value of a used driver sold at Golf Galaxy

My driver is worth $29 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I’d get more fulfillment from snapping it in half and tossing it in a pond.
  17. Colt

One Club Between Driver and Irons?

I only have an 18* Adams XTD Ti hybrid between my 4i and my driver. There have been times when I could have probably used something else to greater effect from further out. But my driver doubles as a pretty solid strong 3 wood as long as no water or traps are protecting the green and the hybrid...
  18. Colt

Has the delay in shipping from manufacturers turned you off from purchasing equipment this year?

I just bought a set of i200 irons off of eBay that were in great condition and just so happened to perfectly be matched to my fitting specs. Was gonna go i210, but there is absolutely no excuse to be 10+ weeks out on a simple set of irons.
  19. Colt

What golf stuff did you buy today?

Been eyeballing a new set of i210’s but didn’t want to wait until it’s cold outside again to get the custom spec’d set I want. So I hunted down a set of i200’s on eBay that had the white dot +3/4” w/ KBS Tour 120 in S+ that I’m fitted for. Never bought used clubs before. But the i200’s are 98%...
  20. Colt

How would you play this par 4?

I just revisited your post about this hole because I felt like there had to be more to it that I was missing. Just saw you talking about the wind and the wet fairway. I’m still playing the same. Only difference is it’s probably a knockdown partial 8 iron if it’s that wet and the wind is blowing...
Back